• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you want to see as the boss in Corona?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you want to see as the bos in Corona?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Just gonna copy and paste this Mother Gothel concept I made.

So I’ve seen some say Mother Gothel wouldn’t make an interesting boss fight without using a Heartless or another enemy assisting her. If you feel this way, I’d like to present a concept that might change your mind. For this, all she would possibly need is to be enhanced by the darkness to give her some diverse attacks.

The battle would take place inside Rapunzel’s Tower with Rapunzel as Sora’s only party member. Flynn will probably be fatally injured and Donald and Goofy could be locked out of the tower.

The whole thing would be inspired by the Mother Knows Best sequence from the movie. Gothel would extinguish all light in the room except for a small circle in the center of the arena. Her basic attacks would involve her dashing out of the darkness to slash them with her dagger and quickly retreating back into the shadows. It would be kind of like Sabor in KH1 with how he leapt in and out of the bamboo, only more intense. She’d be near impossible to get hits on in this stage.

The goal would be to light candles using Fire magic or open windows/skylights so that Gothel can’t hide. It would be like Barbossa, only more difficult as it isn’t just one enemy keeping the entire room in darkness. Once the room is lit well enough, we’d be able to find her and unleash some solid combos before she manages to extinguish the lights again.

Her major gimmick would be a sequence where, once her health is low and she is deteriorated into an old woman, she will seize Rapunzel and extinguish all the lights, including the one in the center. She will then begin to sing the Healing Incantation as she attempts to regenerate herself. In order to interrupt this, we’ll have to rail grind Rapunzel’s glowing hair to get to Gothel and unleash a combo on her to stop the spell.

Perkilator

Awards
I’m betting on Marluxia, a Heartless or Nobody, and, based on what we’ve seen from the development pictures of Corona back in February (as in the scene with Rapunzel with flowers in her hair being identical to the movie), Mother Gothel.

Empress Mitsuru

I’m betting on Marluxia, a Heartless or Nobody, and, based on what we’ve seen from the development pictures of Corona back in February (as in the scene with Rapunzel with flowers in her hair being identical to the movie), Mother Gothel.
When you say a Nobody, do you mean a member of the Organization or a giant Nobody like Twilight Thorn?

Awards

So I’ve seen some say Mother Gothel wouldn’t make an interesting boss fight without using a Heartless or another enemy assisting her. If you feel this way, I’d like to present a concept that might change your mind. For this, all she would possibly need is to be enhanced by the darkness to give her some diverse attacks.

The battle would take place inside Rapunzel’s Tower with Rapunzel as Sora’s only party member. Flynn will probably be fatally injured and Donald and Goofy could be locked out of the tower.

The whole thing would be inspired by the Mother Knows Best sequence from the movie. Gothel would extinguish all light in the room except for a small circle in the center of the arena. Her basic attacks would involve her dashing out of the darkness to slash them with her dagger and quickly retreating back into the shadows. It would be kind of like Sabor in KH1 with how he leapt in and out of the bamboo, only more intense. She’d be near impossible to get hits on in this stage.

The goal would be to light candles using Fire magic or open windows/skylights so that Gothel can’t hide. It would be like Barbossa, only more difficult as it isn’t just one enemy keeping the entire room in darkness. Once the room is lit well enough, we’d be able to find her and unleash some solid combos before she manages to extinguish the lights again.

Her major gimmick would be a sequence where, once her health is low and she is deteriorated into an old woman, she will seize Rapunzel and extinguish all the lights, including the one in the center. She will then begin to sing the Healing Incantation as she attempts to regenerate herself. In order to interrupt this, we’ll have to rail grind Rapunzel’s glowing hair to get to Gothel and unleash a combo on her to stop the spell.

This is awesome! I would love to see this boss battle! I was already wanting Mother Gothel as the boss, but this just convinced me more!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If each Disney world is to be the length of 0.2 Birth by Sleep, we should expect a minimum of four bosses to reflect that. Here are my predictions.

• Nobody boss
  • Stabbington Brothers
  • Marluxia
  • Heartless Boss (controlled by Mother Gothel)
Regarding the last choice, in the original movie, Mother Gothel's true nature is revealed inside the tower. The tower is way too cramped for combat, so I think that a heartless would be guarding the tower against Sora and company.

Caxinuld

Awards
How would Mother Gothel work as a bossfight? Does she use her hatred for Rapunzel to fuel her inner darkness and gain new powers signified by a dark aura. Or will she mutate into some crazy monster?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is awesome! I would love to see this boss battle! I was already wanting Mother Gothel as the boss, but this just convinced me more!
I second that. Zip's idea sounds like a really cool fight, very clearly structured and challenging, and maybe with a couple more stages expanding off that core concept it would be pretty awesome. It'd be neat if Donald and Goofy could help somehow from outside, I'm not sure what they would be doing but just something situational so they aren't totally left out haha. I've never even seen Tangled but something like this would definitely draw me in.

ghostwarmen

Awards

.........?!?! Why aren't you working at Square yet you ingenious son of a gun?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I second that. Zip's idea sounds like a really cool fight, very clearly structured and challenging, and maybe with a couple more stages expanding off that core concept it would be pretty awesome. It'd be neat if Donald and Goofy could help somehow from outside, I'm not sure what they would be doing but just something situational so they aren't totally left out haha. I've never even seen Tangled but something like this would definitely draw me in.

I could see something like this happening! Maybe the boss fight could use the space in and outside the tower? If they wanted to give a Heartless companion, it could be on the outside fighting Donald and Goofy while Gothel is inside fighting Rapunzel. At the start of the fight, Gothel could knock Sora out of the tower, so he has to stun the Tower Guardian first before he can use Rapunzel’s hair to get back inside the tower and take on Gothel. Something like that maybe?

.........?!?! Why aren't you working at Square yet you ingenious son of a gun?

Awww thanks!! Maybe I’ll have to put in an application if they ever have an opening! Lol

sonickenshin

Awards
It'll probably be Marluxia that's going to be the boss for that world.

It'll be cool if we see Varian from the show, but that might be a bit too recent for them to know he exists.

Pokie

Gothel with "Mother Knows Best reprise '' rocking out as the boss theme tune.

Laurel

Awards

This is a great idea for a boss fight, it's very creative and fits well with Gothel's charecter. Make it happen Nomura!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I want Marluxia, but I fear he'll be a boss later. I'd be happy with a new and original heartless boss.

Meow Wow

Awards
Gothel with "Mother Knows Best reprise '' rocking out as the boss theme tune.

Literally one of my favorite Disney songs...thinking about it, most of my favorite Disney songs come from Tangled.

I kinda hope Marluxia acts as a mid level boss in Corona. He could just be testing Soras strength then leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back