• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you want the second playable character to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Second Playable Character of Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
Since we haven't been told who the second playable character we'll get to play as besides Sora, who do you personally want it it be? This is less about who you think it will likely be, and more about who you would want it to be.

Assuming there will be only one other playable character in the main game and that there won't be DLCs where we can play as more characters.

Xelruna

It's pretty likely to be Riku since he usually takes over the flip side of the story -- but I'd really love to have our girl Kairi be playable one day... I know she's just now undergoing her training in KH3 but (clenches fist) I dream...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well Roxas is supposedly going to have a major role so he would make the most sense as the second playable character. Plus if Sora is norted or temporarily out of comission he could take over for a while.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think it going to be kairi i got a feeling that nomura keeping a well guraded secret besides her training

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
In order of preference:

1. Riku
2. A Disney character (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.)
3. Aqua
4. Terra
5. Roxas

I wouldn’t mind playing as Data Sora, Data Riku, or Riku Replica either.

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
Riku. He is a primary protagonist like Sora, to have him not playable in KH3 would be a crime, IMO.

For any other characters, that is what DLCs are for.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If we are talking about Preference it would be cool to play as young xehanort in the beginning. Have him introduce us to possibly Cable Town before Sora.

mytomxxx

Please not Mickey again, I hate to try to control him at KH2, is just awful t.t

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
*Looks at username*
Yeah i would love to control Roxas again. My second choice would be Riku because he was a straight beast in DDD, plus he has one of the more interesting story arcs in the series.

Wallflower3582

I would choose either Riku or young Eraqus. I love all of Riku's story arcs and I would be so happy if he got more time in the spotlight. I also feel like Eraqus is a character with so much untold story so I would love have some flashbacks where he's playable. I can even see him being an interesting intro character, starting him out with the gameplay tutorials instead of using Sora again. Plus it would give us a peek at YX in his training and potentially who their Master was.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think there will be more than one. In a few interviews, Nomura has used the plural to refer to other playable characters. So I’m hoping for Riku, Kairi, and Roxas. Literally any character could get a 0.2 Aqua set up where they have a set magic spells, special traversal abilities, specific situation commands, and a unique Style change. So I hope they use that formula to give a handful of our characters playable scenarios.

shady543

Awards
Roxas would be my first choice (although I feel he should be separate to xion on the poll but eh) and is really the only character I would want to play as who isn't Sora tbh. I mean there are other characters I would find wicked to play that we haven't touched like Lea and Vanitas but out of the possible characters that are most likely, Roxas is really the only one for me.

As my favorite character I would love to play as him again, and since he is duel welding again that is also another reason since we never got much of an opportunity to really get to play as him duel wielding. And Sora's duel wielding never gave the same satisfaction to me. His role is going to be a big secret too along with the second playable character being a supposed story spoiler, and he only just got teased, so I'm hoping. Also since two keyblades is basically Roxas's trademark his gameplay will be different to Sora's. Kairi would be my second choice but even then its not something I'm that excited on seeing because she was never an interesting character to me and I highly doubt a segment of playing as her would change that. And I don't really want to chose her just because 'female playable character is needed' because I would honestly go for Aqua still for that. Riku, I love him but his character arc is basically done due to DDD and I honestly don't think what he could offer in KH3 as a playable character could be as interesting as what Roxas could bring. Him being the second playable would be really predictable and just... uninteresting to me.

But if its more than one playable character, then I guess its got to be Roxas, Riku and Kairi.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm curious why people think Eraqus is a likely choice for the second playable character. I figured if we get a tutorial when he and Xehanort were apprentices, Xehanort would be the playable one.

mytomxxx

If we play with roxas, we would 2 keyblades again, why I would complain about that haha.

Besides who is the second character, I'm more concerned if they will be able to give us a second character that provides a solid different gameplay from Sora.

BBS did good at this point, but I wonder if they would deeper more this mechanic, like a keyblade transformation that is only for this character.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At some level or another, I'm all for any of these characters.

I guess my tops are Riku because that new Keyblade would change his fighting style, Xehanort during his Keyblade apprentice days (it'd especially be neat if it's throughout the game we flashback to that time), and Roxas, because Roxas, and Lea but mostly because Lea vs Isa absolutely needs to happen and I really, really want to play as Lea during it and not just have this as cutscene.

Funnily, I'm not as up for playing as Kairi as I used to be, though I'd still love it if that happened.

Laurel

Awards
Since there's only a few months left before the game's release and we still don't know who the second playable character would be, I assume it's going to be a surprise so perhaps it won't be Riku since we've played him before. It'll still be cool to play as him since I thought his fighting style was better than Sora's in DDD, but Kairi should have her time to shine. It'll also be nice to play as Roxas again, and who doesn't want to dual wield again? Ventus would be an interesting choice, especially if we get to battle a certain character as him instead of Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back