• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think is the traitor in X Back Cover?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you think is the traitor

• Master of Masters

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Luxu

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Master Ira

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master Ava

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Master Aced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master Invi

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Master Gula

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
"Unable to permit disharmony,
you will be disappointed by fate,
and lose sight of true strength...
Misreading the truth,
you will venture forth in secrecy..."

So, after reading the words of the lost page, which character do you think best fits that description?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I still think all of them end up being a traitor. The bad guy (MoM for now) manipulates them into betraying each other without them knowing it. And after the newest trailer and seeing that Luxu genuinely cared for the other Foretellers, I think MoM manipulated him too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think anyone is the traitor, per se. Just that the circumstances drove them to just end up not preventing the world's demise. I think the MoM originally intended for the Foretellers to be the saviors of the world, yet something happened that convinced him that all hope is lost and he, alongside Luxu, will leave everyone to their fates (perhaps they know of Unchained...?)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I feel like this whole "traitor" business is them acting out because there must be someone who's unloyal in their eyes. I can't remember if it ever says that anyone is actually the traitor in the book or if that was an interpretation by Aced, but I don't think any of them are actually traitorous, per se.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel like this whole "traitor" business is them acting out because there must be someone who's unloyal in their eyes. I can't remember if it ever says that anyone is actually the traitor in the book or if that was an interpretation by Aced, but I don't think any of them are actually traitorous, per se.

I actually can't remember either, but Nomura did say in an interview that not even the Foretellers could be trusted. So perhaps the key factor here is that, originally, there may not have been traitor, but the environment of distrust made them fabricate this idea, and it's actually happening.

Michael Mario

I don't think anyone is the traitor, per se. Just that the circumstances drove them to just end up not preventing the world's demise. I think the MoM originally intended for the Foretellers to be the saviors of the world, yet something happened that convinced him that all hope is lost and he, alongside Luxu, will leave everyone to their fates (perhaps they know of Unchained...?)

That is an interesting interpretation of the Master of Masters. He's not really "evil" and does care for his pupils, and is acting in accordance to the prophecy in the hopes that the Foretellers would be able to find a way to stop it on their own. Helping them would be "cheating" to him. Like how Apprentice Xehanort was frustrated by Ansem the Wise's reluctance to continue studying the darkness within peoples' hearts, Luxu might have tried finding his own way to save the world and jumped off the slippery slope somewhere down the line.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That is an interesting interpretation of the Master of Masters. He's not really "evil" and does care for his pupils, and is acting in accordance to the prophecy in the hopes that the Foretellers would be able to find a way to stop it on their own. Helping them would be "cheating" to him. Like how Apprentice Xehanort was frustrated by Ansem the Wise's reluctance to continue studying the darkness within peoples' hearts, Luxu might have tried finding his own way to save the world and jumped off the slippery slope somewhere down the line.

Correct. He seems like a hopeful young man whose hopes were crushed by his own Master.

Karrawong

Based on the criteria reveiled: Unable to permit disharmony,
Misreading the truth,
you will venture forth in secrecy...

Aced seemed to be the most likely one to be the traitor based on the final KH X update. But based on the added information given from the TGS 2016 traitor, he only fits two out of five.

Unable to permit disharmony: Before the war started, Aced seemed to be willing to work with the other foretellers to help prevent the war. So I think all the foretellers fit this criteria.

You will be disappointed by fate: This could be Aced being disappointed by how the other foretellers are handling the growing tension of the keyblade war. Though this probably is not what this criterion is meaning.

and lose sight of true strength: I'm unsure about this one as it could be Aced forming an army of soldiers as the keyblade war draws closer.

Misreading the truth: Not sure about this one either but it could mean that Aced misread what the appropriate action to take to prevent the keyblade war.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Aced didn't seem to be very secretive, He openly speaks his mind, examples include: saying that he would defy his masters teachings to Invy and trying to make an alliance with Ava right after knocking out Gula (I think he was still holding his keyblade too).

Ava is another close candidate for the traitor but she still doesn't conclusively fit all the criteria.

Unable to permit disharmony: All the foretellers seem to fit this criteria.

You will be disappointed by fate: Ava was disappointed by the fate of the keyblade war and so created the dandelions and tried to reason with the other foretellers.

and lose sight of true strength: This one could be her behaviour in the final KH X update during the keyblade war.

Misreading the truth: This could be to do with what Luxu told Ava which lead to her behaviour during the keyblade war.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Ava was probably originally secretive about the dandelions. Other than that I don't recall remembering anything else she was secretive about, in fact she seemed to make an effort to talk to the foretellers to avoid the war.

The criteria for Gula:

You will be disappointed by fate: This one is uncertain.

and lose sight of true strength: This could be Gula giving up on trying to stop the keyblade war and fell into depression.

Misreading the truth: Unlike the other foretellers, Gula knew what was on the lost page. He tried to find the traitor but seemed to have followed the wrong clue.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Gula seemed to not tell the other foretellers about what was on the lost page.

The criteria for Invi:

You will be disappointed by fate: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

and lose sight of true strength: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

Misreading the truth: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

You will venture forth in secrecy: From what we have seen in trailers and KH X; Invi seems to be very secretive. But she does seem to talk with Ira.

The criteria for Ira:

You will be disappointed by fate: This probably attributes to Ira being trying to convince the master of masters to help stop the keyblade war as well as accusing the other foretellers (I think he was accusing Gula due to Gula's body language).

and lose sight of true strength: Ira lost hope and his reasoning for fighting in the keyblade war was so nobody wins the war.

Misreading the truth: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

You will venture forth in secrecy: From what we have seen Ira doesn't seem to be secretive.

I might have missed something or got something wrong since this is from memory. But out of the foretellers the least likely ones of being the traitor are Aced (Ironically) and Ira. We don't know enough about Invi to accuse her of being the traitor or not. Ava (unintentionally) fits most of the criteria of being the traitor. Gula is an unknown, as most of his scenes in the trailers and KHX show him in a depressed state. This makes me skeptical to call him a traitor of not.

But its important to note that all the foretellers fit at least one of the criteria. This could mean that they all betrayed each other and so all of them are 'the' traitor.

The Master of Masters could also be the traitor as he also fits some of the criteria. Luxu is an unknown as we don't know enough about him or his motives as he is following the Master or Masters orders.

All criticism on this analysis is appreciated :)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Based on the criteria reveiled: Unable to permit disharmony,
Misreading the truth,

Aced seemed to be the most likely one to be the traitor based on the final KH X update. But based on the added information given from the TGS 2016 traitor, he only fits two out of five.

Unable to permit disharmony: Before the war started, Aced seemed to be willing to work with the other foretellers to help prevent the war. So I think all the foretellers fit this criteria.

You will be disappointed by fate: This could be Aced being disappointed by how the other foretellers are handling the growing tension of the keyblade war. Though this probably is not what this criterion is meaning.

and lose sight of true strength: I'm unsure about this one as it could be Aced forming an army of soldiers as the keyblade war draws closer.

Misreading the truth: Not sure about this one either but it could mean that Aced misread what the appropriate action to take to prevent the keyblade war.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Aced didn't seem to be very secretive, He openly speaks his mind, examples include: saying that he would defy his masters teachings to Invy and trying to make an alliance with Ava right after knocking out Gula (I think he was still holding his keyblade too).

Ava is another close candidate for the traitor but she still doesn't conclusively fit all the criteria.

You will be disappointed by fate: Ava was disappointed by the fate of the keyblade war and so created the dandelions and tried to reason with the other foretellers.

and lose sight of true strength: This one could be her behaviour in the final KH X update during the keyblade war.

Misreading the truth: This could be to do with what Luxu told Ava which lead to her behaviour during the keyblade war.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Ava was probably originally secretive about the dandelions. Other than that I don't recall remembering anything else she was secretive about, in fact she seemed to make an effort to talk to the foretellers to avoid the war.

The criteria for Gula:

You will be disappointed by fate: This one is uncertain.

and lose sight of true strength: This could be Gula giving up on trying to stop the keyblade war and fell into depression.

Misreading the truth: Unlike the other foretellers, Gula knew what was on the lost page. He tried to find the traitor but seemed to have followed the wrong clue.

You will venture forth in secrecy: Gula seemed to not tell the other foretellers about what was on the lost page.

The criteria for Invi:

You will be disappointed by fate: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

and lose sight of true strength: We don't know enough about Invi to prove or disprove this criterion.

You will venture forth in secrecy: From what we have seen in trailers and KH X; Invi seems to be very secretive. But she does seem to talk with Ira.

The criteria for Ira:

You will be disappointed by fate: This probably attributes to Ira being trying to convince the master of masters to help stop the keyblade war as well as accusing the other foretellers (I think he was accusing Gula due to Gula's body language).

and lose sight of true strength: Ira lost hope and his reasoning for fighting in the keyblade war was so nobody wins the war.

You will venture forth in secrecy: From what we have seen Ira doesn't seem to be secretive.

I might have missed something or got something wrong since this is from memory. But out of the foretellers the least likely ones of being the traitor are Aced (Ironically) and Ira. We don't know enough about Invi to accuse her of being the traitor or not. Ava (unintentionally) fits most of the criteria of being the traitor. Gula is an unknown, as most of his scenes in the trailers and KHX show him in a depressed state. This makes me skeptical to call him a traitor of not.

But its important to note that all the foretellers fit at least one of the criteria. This could mean that they all betrayed each other and so all of them are 'the' traitor.

The Master of Masters could also be the traitor as he also fits some of the criteria. Luxu is an unknown as we don't know enough about him or his motives as he is following the Master or Masters orders.

All criticism on this analysis is appreciated :)

Personally, I think that the Master of Masters fits that criteria. It's poetic irony in the context that the last page was talking about him, however, he interpreted it as though the other Fortellers fit that criteria. Here's what I mean by this...

Unable to permit disharmony: The Master of Masters has done nothing to try and get the Fortellers to stop this inevitable prophecy from happening. He shoots down every suggestion that Ira provides, and from a more general perspective, the concept of seperatist factions that are prevented from forming an alliance only causes more disharmony.

You will be disappointed by fate: Clearly, he's not happy with the end result of what the lost page provides to the point where it's missing. Clearly, the last page is missing on purpose. What that purpose is exactly of it being intentionally missing... well, maybe the Master of Masters just doesn't want the others to suspect him for even a second.

and lose sight of true strength: Clearly, the Master of Masters does not have enough faith in his pupils. They can be considered as his "friends" circle. In Kingdom Hearts, friendship is one of the signs of true strength. The Master of Masters does not have any belief in any of his pupils in preventing this prophecy from occuring. His prophecies are apparently more important than his fellow friends.

Misreading the truth: The Master of Masters clearly misread about the inevitability of the Keyblade War. Essentially, he has created a self-fufilling prophecy, by ironically, reading a prophecy. This prophecy is then acted out by the fellow Fortellers... If you think about it even deeper, none of the Forteller's even consider the Keyblade War as an "absolute" like the master of Masters does (except maybe Gula).

You will venture forth in secrecy: This is a no brainer. The Master of Masters ventures forth into secrecy. Some can interpret that as Luxu venturing forth in secrecy, however, Luxu never left Daybreak Town... clearly, the Master of Masters left Daybreak Town. This is the clearest sign that the Master of Masters is the "traitor" of the group, because he betrayed his pupils to fufill his owns ends.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I don't know much about the masters and what's been going on in X but for those who do can you tell me if it is a possibility that this "traitor" business isn't just some insidious ploy to make those who would otherwise be united turn on each other

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't know much about the masters and what's been going on in X but for those who do can you tell me if it is a possibility that this "traitor" business isn't just some insidious ploy to make those who would otherwise be united turn on each other

Yes. It is a possibility. We might get answers in Back Cover.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Honestly, I still stick by my opinion of Ava being the traitor... from the very beginning I felt that way. To me, it just makes sense with her character; avarice, fox being secretive and wise, losing sight of true strength by selecting only Keyblade Wielders that weren't too susceptible to the darkness, list goes on. Regardless of what happens though, still sticking in Vulpes. ^_^

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Well, if the Master of Masters made this "traitor" foreshadowing nothing more than a ploy, then by coincidence, he's the traitor because he's betrayed his pupils for his own ends though mis-communication and deceit. The missing page of a traitor is true because Gula was able to read the passage (for some reason), plus, the Master of Masters is still part of the Forteller group (even if he is the highest in the hierarchy)...

Karrawong

Well, if the Master of Masters made this "traitor" foreshadowing nothing more than a ploy, then by coincidence, he's the traitor because he's betrayed his pupils for his own ends though mis-communication and deceit. The missing page of a traitor is true because Gula was able to read the passage (for some reason), plus, the Master of Masters is still part of the Forteller group (even if he is the highest in the hierarchy)...

Adding onto the idea that the passage in the book of prophecies passage about the traitor is a ploy:

It is possible that the Master of Masters is looking for the X-blade. The X-blade wasn't mentioned or seen at all in khx and it is possible that the Master of Masters knows of its (and Kingdom Hearts's) existence. This could then mean that he intended the Keyblade War to happen to destroy the world and then rebuild it with the power of Kingdom Hearts.

Gula did mention that the traitor wanted to destroy the world or something simular in the khx final episode. So I think that this helps point to the Master of Masters being the traitor.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It is possible that the Master of Masters is looking for the X-blade. The X-blade wasn't mentioned or seen at all in khx and it is possible that the Master of Masters knows of its (and Kingdom Hearts's) existence. This could then mean that he intended the Keyblade War to happen to destroy the world and then rebuild it with the power of Kingdom Hearts.

"This world is full of light!"

The way that the Master of Masters says this phrase, it seems to have more of a negative connotation as opposed to a positive connotation. It's clearly evident that the Master of Masters has a Xehanort like mentality when it comes to light and darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if the Master of Masters instructed Luxu to have the missing page so that the Forteller's don't point fingers at him...

sephydark

Awards
Unable to permit disharmony,
Misreading the truth,

I think this could plausibly apply to every Forteller, plus the Master of Masters. However, I think the Master of Masters is the most likely traitor, just because he is the one most capable of sowing the seeds of war. I mean, he trained all the Fortellers; if he wanted them to mistrust each other they'd probably do it. And the whole Union system seems set up to foster competition, both in game and in canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back