• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think is the strongest Key Bearer of light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
So, the typical question, asked about thousand times already. Still, I think it's always interesting to look for new perspectives.
Let's imagine our heroes from the main Kingdom Hearts-series would have to go up against each other, until only one would be standing. Who do you think could have the biggest chances for triumph, if they would all be equally in their top forms? And why? The 10 competitors are:
Sora
Riku
Kairi
Mickey
Ventus
Aqua
Terra
Roxas
Axel/Lea
Xion

My two main categories are their skills in battle(strength, technique, speed etc.), and the fortitude. I won't think about the personal relationships, like the idea of Sora risking himself while protecting Kairi, or Ven, Aqua & Terra teaming up against others. I want each and every one of them to stand on their on feet here. Of course, it would difficult to imagine this kind of fight actually happening. But I hope you bypass that issue. Now, let's see what you've got... Just remember: disagreeing about a subject this difficult would be natural, and that's life. Still, let's keep it civil!

P.s. Granted, these are not the only ones we have, but some well-known one were excluded: Master Yen Sid and Master Eraqus, due to the very little material we have about their fighting skills. Vanitas and Master Xehanort, because they're more known as seekers of darkness. Also, Xehanort might be too overwhelming with the X-blade. So sorry, if I missed someone!

Last edited:
Awards
I, personally, am wavering between Riku & Aqua.
Riku because he & Sora have always been rivals; the force for each other, that drove them forward for becoming better. But ever since childhood, people usually recognized him as the stronger one. Starting from there, Riku has given up for darkness once, but he got back up, and perfected his skills steadily, step by step. He seems to have both strength and speed, combined to unyielding morale. Yes, he was technically defeated by Roxas once, and he did need Sora's help during the Keyblade War. But I don't see either of them as a fair fight. Riku originally went up against Roxas without his own Keyblade. And when facing Ansem, Xigbar & his own replica, he was clearly outnumbered.

Aqua on the other hand, cause she has basically the longest experience in combat. During her time in the realm of darkness, she was forced to rely on no one but her own strength. In the middle of a full blown battle between Key Bearers, I think Aqua would be one of those who manages to keep her head cool. Also, she has been proven to be capable to take on Terra in a straightforward combat, despite the fact that her specialty should be in magic.

Nukara

Awards
So, the typical question, asked about thousand times already. Still, I think it's always interesting to look for new perspectives.
Let's imagine our heroes from the main Kingdom Hearts-series would have to go up against each other, until only one would be standing. Who do you think could have the biggest chances for triumph, if they would all be equally in their top forms? And why? The 10 competitors are:
Sora
Riku
Kairi
Mickey
Ventus
Aqua
Terra
Roxas
Axel/Lea
Xion

My two main categories are their skills in battle(strength, technique, speed etc.), and the fortitude. I won't think about the personal relationships, like the idea of Sora risking himself while protecting Kairi, or Ven, Aqua & Terra teaming up against others. I want each and every one of them to stand on their on feet here. Of course, it would difficult to imagine this kind of fight actually happening. But I hope you bypass that issue. Now, let's see what you've got... Just remember: disagreeing about a subject this difficult would be natural, and that's life. Still, let's keep it civil!

P.s. Granted, these are not the only ones we have, but some well-known one were excluded: Master Yen Sid and Master Eraqus, due to the very little material we have about their fighting skills. Vanitas and Master Xehanort, because they're more known as seekers of darkness. Also, Xehanort might be too overwhelming with the X-blade. So sorry, if I missed someone!
Roxas is one of the strongest, he fought on equal terms with such a strong opponent as Saix in KH3.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Terra
Roxas
Sora
Aqua
Riku
Ventus
Kairi/Xion
Lea

This is based on narrative, strength presentation throughout the games, abilities, power/energy, and swordsmanship. Terra and Roxas in particular I feel are treated as juggernauts in-story a.k.a. "flashy". Roxas defeated Sora, that battle was dominated by him within the Heart Station.

Roxas vs. Riku had too many external variables in the way (lack of Keyblade, so borrowed Keyblade, Ansem SoD being used, Roxas' emotional state, etc., Xion somehow interfering after she got retconned in). I wish we did have a fair one on one without all the mess.

I'm struggling on where to place Mickey. He no doubt has the highest magic stat next to Donald (but he doesn't wield a Keyblade) and Aqua, but everything else is a toss up.

Last edited:

welken

Awards
The strongest, of course, is Sora. When it comes down it, who are you gonna count on? Who saves the day? Who did that? Sora does it. He might fall down, but he gets back twice as strong every time. It's his story and he can and WILL do anything, and everything. He is the once and future king, of Kingdom Hearts.
Then, naturally Riku. He's basically a god, walking between light and dark with ease. He was almost the one... but in a war between brothers, the lighter heart will win out. There's silver, and then there's gold. There's probably a what-if worldline where Riku was ready for the Kingdom Key, took the throne and made it his way. His power is undeniable.

After that... it's hard to say. We see many of these characters at their weakest moments, and we've seen them all capable of insane feats.
Kairi probably holds within herself, greater power than any of them. But her strength is on a level deeper than physical. It's still mysterious. But she really can't be compared with the rest, and after all she is a princess, The Princess even.

Mickey, too, lurks outside the bounds. The mouse in the dark. His power is that of history and money and iconography. His power transcends the story, and it's scary if you think about it.

Going only on the impression I get from the rest of the characters, I would say Aqua is strongest. She is a natural prodigy, at one with magic. She understands, and put up with more than anyone could have.
Next, Axel. He's the wildcard. A trickster you can never count out, with a heart blazing full with fire. He knows what's up.
Terra, he's a brickhouse. He's as manly as we've got to work with here. He's got the POWER. It's just his foolishness that got in his way. He needs a guiding hand.
Roxas is some kind of god-child. He's not quite Sora, he's his own thing. He's the Nobody that became a Somebody.
Ventus is next. He's a very special boy, but sadly a piece is missing. He has that Sora-somethingness, yet he's deeply dependent on his friends. In fact, his dependence is essential to his being.
Xion... sorry, fragment. When it comes down to it, she would lay down and give her life for anyone. It doesn't matter how much sacred power was encoded into her. She doesn't care about victory, or power. She's kind, and ready to let go.

Snowflake:3

Awards
Ventus.
Isn’t he a pure light? I think his the strongest when it comes to light.

If you mean the strongest among the Good guys than Riku or maybe Tie between Aqua and Terra

Ultimately I Don’t really know T.T

Awards
Nice to see the answers are a bit divided. Makes this only more interesting. With a battle so full of variables, anything could happen. I especially appreciate how deep welken went with his/her answer. And I did see Sora, Roxar & Terra coming up. But I have my own reasons not to put my money on them.
Terra most likely has more brawn than anyone else, but his style feels a bit unbalanced, leaving him vulnerable in a full battle.
Roxas has speed & a good technique with his dual-wield of Keyblades. And of course, the first two also go with Sora, the main hero. But all of that, combined their flashy battle styles could quickly make both of them targets for others. And I think the battle includes more than one wielder who could outpower them when facing head on.

Riku & Aqua are still my top 2 choices. Well balanced, with great strengths and not that many weaknesses.

Ventus.
Isn’t he a pure light? I think his the strongest when it comes to light.

Otherwise, a good point. But yeah, I was meaning like all them facing each other, in a gladiator-kind of match😁 So the more typical kind of strength is what most likely counts. For example, Kairi is also pure light, but a likely underdog here.

Back