• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think is the most annoying boss ever!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

I'll give one boss per game in the series.

KH1: Definitely either Riku 2 or Ansem 2. Thankfully Leaf Bracer and spamming cure makes most KH1 bosses easier to deal with in the remix.

Re:CoM: ANSEM IN REVERSE REBIRTH IS SO ANNOYING. I never really have trouble with any bosses in Sora's story because of spamming sleights, but Riku doesn't get that same privilege. Still, most of Riku's bosses are manageable if you can get into dark mode quickly and level at a steady pace. But Ansem is such a difficulty spike, and it causes me to have to spend another hour or two grinding before I can finally beat him. Die Ansem. Die. :mad:

KH2: Probably Xaldin. Demyx used to be really difficult for me when I was younger, but now I know to just abuse Knocksmash, which makes the fight considerably easier.

Days: Leechgrave simply because of pure annoyance. It's not that difficult exactly, but it just takes so needlessly long. This is a problem with a lot of Days bosses actually; they gave them wayyy too much HP.

BbS: Terranort at the end of Terra's story. I started jumping around my room when I finally beat him on my first playthrough of BbS xD. He's much easier to face with Aqua in final episode, thankfully.

Coded: Everything? This game is probably the hardest KH game IMO, and I regret playing through the game on Proud on my first playthrough. The first time playing through, I just wanted to know the story and finish the game, but everything just kept murdering me without giving it a second thought. I remember the Invisible being especially annoying, so if I had to say just one "boss", I'd say the Invisible.

DDD: Probably Ansem 2. He's appeared 3 times on this list now...I never realized how he was the hardest boss for me in 3 different games xD. No wonder I prefer Xemnas to Ansem so much.

XINekuIX

Demyx
"Dance water, dance!" (Need I say more?)

and then Xigbar, everytime I tried to Drive I went anti-form and he always did that move where he traps you on the platform and spams you with lasers.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'll separate these into different categories: Optional Bosses and Normal Bosses

For the Normal Bosses:

As much as people complain about Demyx being a pain, I still find Xaldin to be an even bigger pain. Neither of them are particularly difficult, but there is the issue of that one wind attack from Xaldin that is all but impossible to avoid.

Birth by Sleep had some of the hardest bosses in the entire series. If you want to survive, you HAVE to be able to get abilities through the command meld system. Otherwise, you'll get a wake-up call from Final Fantasy's Zack Fair...

Dragon Maleficent and Dark Riku used to be this, but are no longer due to using Tinker Bell for the former and outright abusing the Guard-Counterattack method to where he doesn't even use Dark Aura (I've managed it at least twice in the vanilla version, not so much in Final Mix).

Optional Bosses:

Young Master Xehanort...good lord, Young Master Xehanort. Do I even need to point this out?

Armor of the Master and No Heart would have made this list if I actually fought them, but I haven't as of yet.

Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts I: Final Mix wasn't particularly difficult, but his one attack that can inst-kill you is a severe pain (come to think of it, Sephiroth's Heartless Angel has a similar problem).

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Oh what the hell. I'm going to skip Superbosses and just write about the mains.

KH1: Anti-Sora. The way he's invincible during his splitting animation and in so many other parts of the fight is so frustrating that I have shouted at the screen. It's not fun to watch the boss do nothing while you can't do anything to him! (EDIT: 1.5/FM seems to have tidied this up a lot.)

KHCoM: Ursula with Riku in the GBA Version. The GBA Atlantica deck sucks. If you've never played the original, I will enlighten you: the deck is deliberately terrible so you use your one and only one Sea Neon card to get random valued cards, for a single reload. If the Sea Neon had lasted the rest of the battle, we might have been okay, but one reload was useless even against the regular Heartless. Once that reload is up your deck goes back to sucking for the rest of the battle. Ursula got a difficulty boost to compensate for Riku's actually competent Darkball based deck in Re:CoM but nothing tops the GBA battle for annoyance.

KH2: I am also no fan of Xaldin.

KHDays: Leechgrave and Ruler of the Sky are both infuriating. Leechgrave definitely has the worst challenges but I think the raw boredom of Ruler of the Sky wins the mandatory battle for me. Once you start to outright hurt my hand as I chase after you, you've outlived your welcome.

KHBBS: Iron Imprisoner II: A lot of people don't have trouble against the Imprisoners, but I am not one of those people. imho, BBS' bonus bosses were all too much about absolute precision and that just isn't fun for me (and tends to hurt my hand, as well). Technically, the Imprisoner isn't a bonus boss, since you have to fight him as Terra to get the Xehanort report, but since it's programmed like Imprisoners III and IV, the same principles of stupid precision apply. With a friend, I can take them no problem, and you can just come back at the end of the game when you're overlevelled, so maybe this one shouldn't count, but I'm going to include it all the same.

KHRe:coded: I found coded very easy, but since this is a list about "annoying," my prize goes to the very first boss, the Darkside. Why? Because I have always had trouble with Damage Blocks, never learned how to deal with them in a way that satisfies me, and so was never really able to fight the third glitched form of this Darkside without a lot of trouble. And guess what level I picked to do a 1HP run against for my trophies? I did not think this through.

KHX: Dear Kingdom Hearts X[chi], Attached please 230 000HP remains of Defender Heartless, shipped bulk freight. Please note that this enemy was comparable to former top-tier event targets (Lv 444 Wizards). Due to your repeat assaults upon my AP reserves now reaching enemy levels more than triple my own and 2.5x the maximum, I will approach future story missions with a bigger gun. Signed, BD.

Last edited:

blksabbath74

I remember the Cave of Wonders Guardian being pretty annoying...just very repetative, climbing up his head, getting in a whack or two, then getting shaken off.

It wasn't particularly interesting, but seemed to take 20-30 minutes.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I remember the Cave of Wonders Guardian being pretty annoying...just very repetative, climbing up his head, getting in a whack or two, then getting shaken off.

It wasn't particularly interesting, but seemed to take 20-30 minutes.

Hrm, I only rarely get knocked off him, I can't say what we're doing differently, but the fight is still super-tedious if you keep on top. He can only really hurt you with this fireball attack when you're up there, and yeah it hurts but that's about it. It's fairly infrequent and your attacks often intercept it by accident so you just keep going about your tedium.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Cave of Wonders Guardian.

There are a lot of bosses I don't like, but this one in particular is the absolute worst. He's the worst boss in a speedrun, worst boss in LV1... he's just plain obnoxious. He dances around more than Gaius in Shadow of the Colossus. And all the Heartless he spawns don't help at all.

blksabbath74

Hrm, I only rarely get knocked off him, I can't say what we're doing differently, but the fight is still super-tedious if you keep on top. He can only really hurt you with this fireball attack when you're up there, and yeah it hurts but that's about it. It's fairly infrequent and your attacks often intercept it by accident so you just keep going about your tedium.

Worst was when you'd just get up to the top and one of those heartless bandits would knock you off before you could get your hits in...

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Oh glob anything in Mission Mode from Days, especially Mission 89....MISSION 89! Everything gets beefed up and you have to make do with what little slots you have left since LvL panels take up everything. It becomes near impossible to beat Dustflier; Seconds becomes minutes and minutes become lost hours of frustration and losing. I'd rather fight Mysterious Figure/Julius ANY day over Mission Mode.

Oh bless your heart if you even try the Challenge Missions.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Cave of Wonders boss. How did I forget this one...

The problem with that boss is that it can be difficult to hit him if you don't get on the head. The fact that it's a boss also comes completely out of nowhere.

Unnecessary boss is unnecessary.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

The problem with that boss is that it can be difficult to hit him if you don't get on the head. The fact that it's a boss also comes completely out of nowhere.

Oh, don't forget it comes immediately after the Pot Centipede...

This is turning into a rout against the poor cave.

blksabbath74

I mean, I actually enjoyed the concept, but even after you figured out what you were supposed to do to beat it and how to accomplish that, it was just very long, drawn out and repetative.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I mean, I actually enjoyed the concept, but even after you figured out what you were supposed to do to beat it and how to accomplish that, it was just very long, drawn out and repetative.

The concept was actually pretty good. The execution, however, was not. That is why I consider it unnecessary. If the fight was fun, then it would have come off as an unexpected surprise. In this case, it's simply a surprise boss that could have been better.

VenTer

Awards
Toughest bosses
KH1: Ursula, she keeps saying Whahahaha! whahahaha! Seriously annoying and her spin attack. I kept dying 15 times and at the 16th time finally defeated her.
KH:2 Demyx, The time limit of his water clones, and I tried challenging myself if I could beat him without scan but it's still leaves me dead.
KH RE: Chain Of Memories: I'm still stuck at 4th Riku boss battle. He seriously hard.
That's about it.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Toughest bosses
KH1: Ursula, she keeps saying Whahahaha! whahahaha! Seriously annoying and her spin attack. I kept dying 15 times and at the 16th time finally defeated her.
KH:2 Demyx, The time limit of his water clones, and I tried challenging myself if I could beat him without scan but it's still leaves me dead.
KH RE: Chain Of Memories: I'm still stuck at 4th Riku boss battle. He seriously hard.
That's about it.

The fourth boss battle can definitely catch you off guard since he is significantly more strategic than before. My advice here would be to be defensive and use high-numbered sleights after he uses his and use 0 cards wherever necessary such as when he spams Dark Aura. Sonic Blade and Ars Arcanum are godsends when used effectively.

Does Pooh's Honey Tree count as a boss?

It can if you want it to be, though I personally think that the Tigger related mini-games were harder.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Sonic Blade and Ars Arcanum are godsends when used effectively.

I'd recommend Lethal Frame over Ars Arcanum. Because of the relatively low card value sum of the sleight, there isn't too many opportunities in which you can pull off an Ars Arcanum safely other than when Riku has run out of high-value cards or moments before he reloads (or even riskier, when he is).

If you don't care about playing fair, spamming Sonic Blade alone should be enough. It works exceptionally well with every human bosses in the game it should probably have been outlawed.

blksabbath74

It can if you want it to be, though I personally think that the Tigger related mini-games were harder.

Good call, that Tigger was an SOB. Never figured out how to play that. You still had enough carrots left to free Pooh even if you did nothing, so I just let it be.

I thought this was most annoying, which for me was the Cave of Wonders Guardian, just due to how long and repetative it is (reminds me of the Succubus in Devil May Cry, hated that one too).

Any fight where I literally have to pause it and walk away because my hand is cramping is obnoxious, especially when I know what I need to do, and doing it is simply that tedious.

As a grinder, I generally have an easy time with anything that you can just walk up to and beat by bashing it to peices. If I lose, I go level up about five times and come back. Usually does the trick, but I am generally pre-leveled enough to beat most bosses handily.

The most difficult in the original Kingdom Hearts were Oogie Boogie and Ursula, because you had to have specific tricks to beat them, and they weren't as obvious as beating Genie-Jafar.

My favorite, from a pure enjoyement persepctive, was the Uber-Oogie Boogie. That was just extremely fun to me.

KH2, probably Xaldin, but really, the minigames were more annoying.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'd recommend Lethal Frame over Ars Arcanum. Because of the relatively low card value sum of the sleight, there isn't too many opportunities in which you can pull off an Ars Arcanum safely other than when Riku has run out of high-value cards or moments before he reloads (or even riskier, when he is).

If you don't care about playing fair, spamming Sonic Blade alone should be enough. It works exceptionally well with every human bosses in the game it should probably have been outlawed.

Thanks for reminding me. That was a derp moment on my part. Lethal Frame is outright broken and spammable when used correctly. It was one of the best ways of taking out Marluxia in his second battle since his literal Deus Ex Machina was out of range of Sonic Blade and even Omnislash part of the time. The third battle was ironically much easier thanks to actually being on his Machina like in the original GBA version.

blksabbath74 said:
Good call, that Tigger was an SOB. Never figured out how to play that. You still had enough carrots left to free Pooh even if you did nothing, so I just let it be.

I thought this was most annoying, which for me was the Cave of Wonders Guardian, just due to how long and repetative it is (reminds me of the Succubus in Devil May Cry, hated that one too).

Any fight where I literally have to pause it and walk away because my hand is cramping is obnoxious, especially when I know what I need to do, and doing it is simply that tedious.

As a grinder, I generally have an easy time with anything that you can just walk up to and beat by bashing it to peices. If I lose, I go level up about five times and come back. Usually does the trick, but I am generally pre-leveled enough to beat most bosses handily.

The most difficult in the original Kingdom Hearts were Oogie Boogie and Ursula, because you had to have specific tricks to beat them, and they weren't as obvious as beating Genie-Jafar.

My favorite, from a pure enjoyement persepctive, was the Uber-Oogie Boogie. That was just extremely fun to me.

KH2, probably Xaldin, but really, the minigames were more annoying.

Agreed with the last Oogie battle. It was basically an awesome Colossal climb ala God of War and Devil May Cry 4 only not nearly as infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back