• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you think Demyx is?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Although I don’t have any theories of my own, I have read a few different theories about who Demyx might be and I was wondering if anyone has any theories or if anyone thinks any of these theories could be possible? My thoughts on the theories I’ve seen are:

Demyx is from Quadratum - This is probably the one that is most likely to happen in my opinion as considering members 9-12 all have the ancient Keyblade legacy within them and as Lauriam and Elrena are from Daybreak Town and Luxord is from Quadratum it just feels that he’s most likely going to be from Quadratum as well.

Demyx is the player from Union X - This is unlikely, however I do find it a very interesting theory in my opinion and I wouldn’t mind if it was true. As the default male character does kind of look like a younger Demyx in some ways and the player character seems like all they want to do is make friends wherever they go and in the KH3 character files Demyx says
” Why am I in the Organization well I mean there lots of reasons but - oh right I wanted friends right”

Although the Player could fight and fought when they needed to they still seemed like they would rather not have to resort to conflict and would rather talk things out if they could and on the other hand we have Demyx who can fight but hates it and avoids it whenever he can as he doesn’t like work and would rather sit playing his sitar all day. Although if Demyx was in the Keyblade war back then, maybe it’s possible that although he can’t remember his past including the Keyblade war perhaps it somehow subconsciously influenced his Nobody personality and if that was the case it would make this part of Demyx’s character file interesting

“ I hate fighting and jamming out is way more fun, sad stuff, painful stuff why would I want to do anything like that? I guess there’s the stuff you got to do to survive but if I can I’d much rather live a life on easy street”. Also it makes this line from KH2 quite interesting as well

“ I’m extremely imposing when I want to be which is admittedly almost never”
again this theory is unlikely to happen but i still find it interesting.

Demyx is one of the upperclassmen that went missing in Dark Road - I don’t think this would be the case as if he existed around this time period I don’t think this would count as having a ancient Keyblade legacy as young Xehanort and young Eraqus were around then too.

Finally Demyx is the MoM - I don’t like this theory, I want the MoM to be his own character not someone else we have had enough of that happen in the series already. Although I’ll admit that even though I don’t like this theory and don‘t want this to happen, I would rather Demyx be the MoM instead of Sora,if the MoM has to be a character that already exist.

Anyway what does everyone else think of these theories do you want any of these to be true? Or do you have any other theories that you think could happen? I’m curious what everyone else thinks

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Fairly confident that he isnt a Dandelion from the Chi era nor the player. While he could be one the the upperclassmen that went missing(or a resident of Quadratum) I think Nomura has something bigger planned for him that will pay off in phase 2. Which could either be him being the MoM or something else entirely.

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
I'm all but certain that he's from Quadratum, for a really big reason beside the ones you've mentioned.
We know Luxord's Somebody is from Quadratum. And we know that Quadratum is basically a different version of the city from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. By that same logic, we know that Yozora is a dead-ringer for Noctis. Luxord's Somebody has been confirmed to be the analog to the driver character from FFXV, so by that same token, we can also infer that Demyx's Somebody will be another character from that game, the most obvious choice being Ignis. The dude is a DEAD MATCH for Demyx, it's like it was planned in advance. If he isn't the same guy to Yozora that Ignis was to Noctis, then I will be completely shocked, because the evidence is just too compelling in that direction.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hope its Myde....;).
Is this supposed to be pronounced like "midi"? If so, I'm on board. And if not, I'd rather Dyme because it reminds me of "Thyme." (Thinking of Rosemary & Thyme, don't know if anyone's ever seen that show.)

Luxord's Somebody has been confirmed to be the analog to the driver character from FFXV, so by that same token, we can also infer that Demyx's Somebody will be another character from that game, the most obvious choice being Ignis. The dude is a DEAD MATCH for Demyx, it's like it was planned in advance. If he isn't the same guy to Yozora that Ignis was to Noctis, then I will be completely shocked, because the evidence is just too compelling in that direction.
I actually think Demyx's personality is almost exactly like Prompto... Him playing the Ignis role would be a little weird.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
we can also infer that Demyx's Somebody will be another character from that game, the most obvious choice being Ignis. The dude is a DEAD MATCH for Demyx, it's like it was planned in advance. If he isn't the same guy to Yozora that Ignis was to Noctis, then I will be completely shocked, because the evidence is just too compelling in that direction.

But isn't the "Ignis" character from Verum Rex supposed to be either Aegis or Magia? Aegis at least is some weird fusion of Ignis and Gladio-- Magia seems like some fusion of Prompto and Ardyn. And Demyx doesn't really resemble either of those people.

Unless the video game trailer isn't exactly 1:1 in their reality.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Demyx can't be the Player. They're building up something between Player and Young Xehanort. I doubt Demyx has anything to do with the KHx/Ux era. We also have to take into consideration how Luxord falls into the Ancient Keyblade Legacy, seeing as how he's from Quadratum.

Or we're assuming he's from Quadratum. Maybe he's one of the upperclassmen from Dark Road, and said upperclassmen ended up in Quadratum somehow? And Luxord and Demyx were both upperclassmen?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
And if not, I'd rather Dyme because it reminds me of "Thyme." (Thinking of Rosemary & Thyme, don't know if anyone's ever seen that show.)

Cozy British murder mysteries are my jam~

I could go for either Dyme or Myde honestly. So long as Dyme isn't pronounced horribly like "Die-me" haha

Chie

Awards
By the way, we really do not know that Luxord's somebody is from Quadratum; it's not an unreasonable guess to make from "a character we see briefly is voiced by the same VA" (but doing a completely different voice... i'm not sure why nobody thinks about that...) but that's far from confirmed, and even if it was, he might not originate from there (especially if he's connected to the keyblade).

okhi12

Awards
As AmaryllisMoth said,
Yozora = KH version of Noctis
Aegis = KH version of Ignis + Gladio
Magia = KH version of Prompto + Ardyn

What if Demyx's somebody is the KH version of Dino from FFXV?
That guy at Galdin Quay with the weird accent who gives sidequests asking for gems so he can make some jewels.
He's a lazy guy, and Demyx is lazy too.
Dino = Dyme, four letter name and starts with a D.

C'mon, accept it. He's Dino. If he's not Dino he's Alfyn from Octopath Traveler.

I'm joking. I don't even think Dino was already designed back then when FFXV was still Versus XIII and Octopath is unrelated to Nomura.

There's not any strong hint to possibly guess Demyx's true identity, other than his personality which leads some people to think he's the Master of Masters.
He could also be a Dandelion, the Player (I don't like this one), one of the keyblade trainees from Scala, the Quadratum version of any known or unknown character from FFXV/Versus XIII, or an entirely new character.
He could even be the KH version of a character from the Type-0 universe as there are some theorizing that Nomura is recycling ideas from that game and Agito as well. At this point, who knows... I can already see similarities between Demyx and Fret from Neo:TWEWY and that p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ game is yet unknown.

Luxord = Yozora's driver is not a fact yet but at least his voice actor being the same is a valid hint and the driver's face in that Versus trailer is somewhat reminiscent of Luxord's.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Emyd is from Quadratum. It makes sense to have two from KHUX (Lauriam and Elrena) and two from Quadratum (Durol and Emyd).

It's just strange that Emyd disappears after the events of KH3. Durol goes back to Quadratum. Demyx never was killed to turn back into Emyd... or maybe he was, and he was recompleted in Quadratum?

palizinhas

Awards
It's just strange that Emyd disappears after the events of KH3. Durol goes back to Quadratum. Demyx never was killed to turn back into Emyd... or maybe he was, and he was recompleted in Quadratum?
Even is apparently normal now, so I guess either they found a way to turn him back or the other apprentices straight up murdered him. They probably did the same to Demyx, since he was hanging around.

okhi12

Awards
Even is apparently normal now, so I guess either they found a way to turn him back or the other apprentices straight up murdered him. They probably did the same to Demyx, since he was hanging around.
Oh, so it was something like this:

Vexen: Xehanort has been defeated. Roxas and Xion are back. Soon we'll finally atone... once Naminé returns as well. But first, we need to get rid of Xehanort's pieces in our hearts as soon as possible.
Demyx: Ok, as long as I don't have to fight or tire myself in any way.

(They get to the castle gate in Radiant Garden, guarded by Aeleus and Dilan)

Vexen: We need Master Ansem's help to find a way to remove Xehanort from our hearts.
Demyx: Yeah, let us through.

(Dilan and Aeleus stare at each other)

Dilan: No need to bother him. We can handle this.
Aeleus: We'll beat Xehanort out of you.
Vexen: ...I understand. A rude approach for a researcher, I must say, but effective nonetheless. But make it quick! Last time I was burned to death, it was painful. Axel simply does not respect his elders...
Demyx: No way! Are you mad? I said I don't want to do any fighting!
Vexen: You don't have to. Actually, it will be far less painful if you let them finish you off with a single strike.

(Dilan and Aeleus ready their weapons and come closer to Vexen and Demyx. Vexen opposes no resistance and is struck down, Demyx steps back)

Demyx: W..wait! I've got a better idea! Any of the Guardians of Light could use a keyblade to force Xehanort out of me, just like Sora did to free that guy, Terr-

... and that's what happened at some unspecified moment between Xehanort's defeat and Namine's return.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Where are we getting the idea of Luxord and Demyx being from Quadratum? If Quadratum is impossible to reach from KH reality, I don't think people from there could be Nobodies recruited by Organization XIII because the Organization wouldn't be able to find them. Also, the conversation about Quadratum's existence had former Organization members in the room. Wouldn't at least one of them know where Demyx and Luxord came from? Wasn't Demyx last seen in Radiant Garden? Couldn't he walk by the computer room to say "Dude! Quadratum! That's where I'm from!" Actually, I don't think he ever used the word "dude" before, but whatever.

Back