• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who do you ship together in this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 246005

Riku X Yuffie or Riku X Hayner
Aelues x Dilan
One-sided Ienzo x Aerith

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't fervently ship anyone as I used to. I've become so detached since 358/2 Days occurred and brought my KH experience to limbo due to the shoved down your throat inclusion of Xion and some writing fallacies. Once DDD happened, I'm like, nope. I just care for the conclusion of a few characters since I was invested at some point (beautiful blonds Larxene[Elrena], Roxas, and Naminé). Too lazy to change my sig, I'm barely here.

I guess I still like Roxas and Naminé, but they need more than what KHII offered before they become "canon" (which, I'm gonna say now, I doubt will happen in III...or soon). Some focus too heavily on one tiny aspect of their communication: the romantic subtext. But at the end, it's still subtext (ex. the "Girl of my Dreams" trope that was used, for instance, but at its core, they are just telepathically linking briefly without that in itself being a sign of love and/or feelings for one another). It has nothing to do with the actual reason as to why they are connecting. This has to be understood when it comes to storytelling technique, a fact people sorely bypassed.

As of this moment, they are still friends and not canon, nor official. Naminé's role was pretty much her acting as a guide, or angel, when Roxas was having turbulent times and needed someone he could seek answers from. Despite their limited time together, they ended up bonding enough to form an opinion that they like each other as people. They also formed a co-dependency type of relationship. She was there for him when he needed it the most, and Roxas in turn managed to change or reanalyze some of the concepts Naminé has been conditioned to believe about herself and Nobodies due to being abused and used as nothing but a tool. They both suffered the same fate, yet looked at the brighter side that at least they won't suffer it alone. They can see each other through Sora and Kairi (which makes it a bit funny when Kairi hugs Sora in II, but I digress). But that's what the crux of "we can be together again!" meant. Which in the original Japanese line, was "we can meet each other again!". This was meant more as a silver lining statement than "I WANT TO BE WITH YOU 5EVER XOXO".

According to a translator, that phrase has romantic connotations in Japanese because love isn't expressively shown verbally. So I guess to keep the subtext, they tweaked the line to at least kind of match the implication.

Basically, Roxas' and Naminé's interactions themselves aren't really romantic to be honest, but the implications surrounding them are. Which means there's a reason behind why they are trying to hint things to the player. While I see that there's an attachment, spark, one could say, that they can build from and that they set up, those two don't have feelings for each other yet. Let alone love, lol.

So yeah, I rather they keep working on them getting to strengthen their friendship before anything comes out of it beyond that frame. Based on the 2.8 credits, they are intended to be endgame (which is different from canon, by the way).

Other than that, SoKai is gonna happen somewhere down the road. I don't really care for them too much as a couple or pair however.

I rather not touch Xion in any possible way for reasons.

Aqua can remain an independent woman who don't need no mans. Riku is fine by himself as well.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sora/Riku is the only ship I'd say I'm especially attached to. On a smaller level, I like to think of Lea/Isa, Roxas/Hayner, and Namine/Repliku as being together.

I'm open to most ships in a casual sense though, and I've read a lot of combos of characters over the years. To me, most of it is a case-by-case thing depending on how good the picture/writing is. I've had my mind changed about ships I thought were crazy or hated before by reading a good fanfic (after sorting through the garbage...) or seeing a picture that pulls on your heartstrings. For example, I tend to hate ships that involve characters I ship together with some other character instead, but I saw a Roxas/Riku fanart once that made me understand what others get out of it (douse it with angst).

Veevee

Awards
Xemnas x Artificial Kingdom Hearts

Ansem x Darkness

Yen Sid x Chair

The chair one killed me. :D

I like Axel x Saix (only possible ship I actually care about) because I think they have a pretty interesting dynamic and don't like underage pairings that much. Axel is more like an uncle to Roxas for me than a possible lover ...
I'm not into SoKai and even though SoRiku does seem really natural and smooth to me, I don't actively ship it.
I'm generally not into shipping characters who are too similar in character. While the "opposites attract each other, so let's put together characters who are drastically different from each other and have practically nothing in common or to talk about" is bull, being too similar can also be a turnoff (which is why I think Roxas and Xion are cute as friends, but not as a couple), so somewhere in the middle is fine so that characters actually improve each other. SoRiku is a good example, Riku is rather level-headed, grounded and quiet and gets livelier and more open when Sora is around, Sora on the other hand is more grounded and responsible when Riku is there.

I can be convinced to like ships though; for example I was a firm believer in Tai / Sora from Digimon for years and was quite unhappy it turned out to be Matt / Sora; I read quite a few really good Tai / Mimi fanfics then and now I don't want to go back. Ever.

ROKU-SHI

Banned
Axel and Kairi - yes i ship it :cool:
Riku and Namine
Roxas and Xion - OTP
Marluxia and Larxene
Gula and Ava
Seifer and Fuu
Hayner and Olette
Terra and Aqua
Blaine and Strlitzia
Ephemer and Skuld

Foxycian

Awards
Axel and Kairi - yes i ship it :cool:
Riku and Namine
Roxas and Xion - OTP
Marluxia and Larxene
Gula and Ava
Seifer and Fuu
Hayner and Olette
Terra and Aqua
Blaine and Strlitzia
Ephemer and Skuld

kairi and axel could be siblings tho there's theory of it, both have red hair and both came from radiant garden

as for skuld and ephemera totally ship it

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
"Axel struggled to his feet, back-to-back with Sora, and readied his chakrams. He could feel Sora's heat against him, the hint of sweat. It reminded him of Roxas." (Kingdom Hearts II The Novel)

You can just tell how badly Tomoco wants to make the gay real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back