• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you consider the main lead of birth by sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noivern

Awards
Was it really necessary to bring back a post from half a year ago just to revive this discussion?

And since we're here, I never considered her the main character of the game. She's the one who cleans things afterwards, sure, but her route through the main game feels less relevant than the other two since we just deal with the fall out of their actions until the big showdown.

If anything, it's almost like Aqua's actual side of the game doesn't really start until the Endgame + Extra Route because everything before that is just a build up.

It's sorta like saying Riku is the main character of 3D because he deal with the ending.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
910BpgObXUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Aqua is in the centre for the HD 2.5 Remix cover. I think that's telling as to who's considered the main protagonist of that trio.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm going to leave this open since the discussion has already progressed but please stop bumping old threads, guys. 3 months is the cutoff. Just make a new thread, it'd save you the trouble of digging through the archives.

pls and ty

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I certainly don't. She's a boring miss goodie two shoes. I don't like hate her but the other two are much more interesting to me. Besides i reckon 90% of her fans only like her because she has certain assets, which a good character does not make.

Excuse you, I resemble that remark.

Aqua is the main lead of BBS.
Honestly though, it's because her magic.
The boobies are (flips through notebook) fifth on the list.
1. Magic <3
2. Cartwheel
3. She don't hold her Keyblade like a moron.
4. She's internally tough, having to make the hard choices.
5. Dem tiddies
6. Thigh gap <3 <3 <3
7. Blue hair <3 <3
8. Her heart is stronger than both Terra's and Ven's (though that second one isn't much of a feat)
9. She's not an amnesic heart parasite.
10. She's the only one of the BBS trio to get their own game.
11. She's the only one to attain the rank of Master.
12. She's not Ven.

Foxycian

Awards
Excuse you, I resemble that remark.

Aqua is the main lead of BBS.
Honestly though, it's because her magic.
The boobies are (flips through notebook) fifth on the list.
1. Magic <3
2. Cartwheel
3. She don't hold her Keyblade like a moron.
4. She's internally tough, having to make the hard choices.
5. Dem tiddies
6. Thigh gap <3 <3 <3
7. Blue hair <3 <3
8. Her heart is stronger than both Terra's and Ven's (though that second one isn't much of a feat)
9. She's not an amnesic heart parasite.
10. She's the only one of the BBS trio to get their own game.
11. She's the only one to attain the rank of Master.
12. She's not Ven.
Sorry but I respectfully disagree with you, here’s why
Ventus is better (imo)
1. Strength + Speed + Magic = balanced<3
2. The classic dodge roll (nothing beats this:p)
3. Unique style of holding his keyblade (u jealous)
4. will take his own life to save his loved ones
5. Better keyblade glider at least better then aqua’s weird looking one
6. looks like Roxas nuff said
7. Roxas beautiful hair style
8. Umm they are all have equally strong hearts what game have you been playing?
9. Amnesia parasite? let xehanort split aqua’s heart in half then lets see how she acts, Despite being split in half and getting amnesia, ven still stays strong
10. Well Duh she wasn’t targeted by MX she was the lucky one between the three cause he didn’t include her in his plans
11. Terra is a a true master obviously, if Eraqus was a better teacher and wasn’t racist toward the darkness, then terra would have passed, eraqus and aqua are blinded by the light
12. How many times did ventus save “Master Aqua” from vanitas again? Lol yea she wishes she was as awesome as ven.
13. (Bonus) ventus didn’t Doubt his friend (terra) like a certain girl with blue hair who believed in the rumor that terra did bad things when he actually didn’t

Edit: leave my boy ven alone xD

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
2. The classic dodge roll (nothing beats this:p)

I love the cartwheel more, but to be fair, Dodge Roll is God-Tier evasion.

3. Unique style of holding his keyblade (u jealous)

AAAAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA *COUGHS FROM LAUGHING*

no

4. will take his own life to save his loved ones

Yes, being emo makes him cool.
"pwease kill me guise. I dun wanna be a kiblead"
/s

6. looks like Roxas nuff said

And now you disrespecting Roxas?

9. Amnesia parasite? let xehanort split aqua’s heart in half then lets see how she acts, Despite being split in half and getting amnesia, ven still stays strong

And was the first to die in the original timeline. Ven is the Kingdom Hearts version of Yamcha.

11. Terra is a a true master obviously

debatable

if Eraqus was a better teacher and wasn’t racist toward the darkness, then terra would have passed, eraqus and aqua are blinded by the light

I'm not going to argue with you on this point, because it is true.

13. (Bonus) ventus didn’t Doubt his friend (terra) like a certain girl with blue hair who believed in the rumor that terra did bad things when he actually didn’t

Ven's a kid. He literally gave Anakin the benefit of the doubt because "we're friends".
Aqua's not a child. She knows Terra better than Ven. And all she does is try to talk to him and convince him to not do evil stuff. Ven follows like he's codependant.

Trash talk my precious boy again and I will attack your precious wifi or waifu? Either way you have been warned!!!! xD

As convinced as I am that Ven is the MoM, until he grows up, he sucks. He's the first to get his ass beat, and the second-to-last to do something relevant. He's been a pawn his entire life. Even when he does have clout, he's being used by someone else. Condoms get used once. At least they're functional, but that's the thing. They only get used once.

Ven is a mark.

Foxycian

Awards
I love the cartwheel more, but to be fair, Dodge Roll is God-Tier evasion.

AAAAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA *COUGHS FROM LAUGHING*

no

Yes, being emo makes him cool.
"pwease kill me guise. I dun wanna be a kiblead"
/s

And now you disrespecting Roxas?

And was the first to die in the original timeline. Ven is the Kingdom Hearts version of Yamcha.

debatable

I'm not going to argue with you on this point, because it is true.

Ven's a kid. He literally gave Anakin the benefit of the doubt because "we're friends".
Aqua's not a child. She knows Terra better than Ven. And all she does is try to talk to him and convince him to not do evil stuff. Ven follows like he's codependant.

As convinced as I am that Ven is the MoM, until he grows up, he sucks. He's the first to get his ass beat, and the second-to-last to do something relevant. He's been a pawn his entire life. Even when he does have clout, he's being used by someone else. Condoms get used once. At least they're functional, but that's the thing. They only get used once.

Ven is a mark.
My God you’re such a troll xD I can’t tell if you’re joking around or being serious or not but I will respond anyway

1. Looks like you never saw backhanded sword (or dagger) style cause it’s better then Aqua “I’m fabulous” style

2. Hahah you serious his the least emo in the bunch

3. At least his not Im ms perfect doubt your friend and ruin your friendship

4. This Yamcha (ven) beat vanitas in the rematch fight the same vanitas that Aqua got a draw with in neverland lol

5. It’s not debatable, since she didn’t show any feat that puts her above terra in bbs

6. Trusting a villain who you barely know over your own friend who lives with you and know you your entire life? I guess your love for aqua blinded you, I can see that you maleficent and Pete can be Good friends

7. Well yea he got his ass beat cause his the least trained probably Eraqus was afraid he will gain power so he didn’t bother to train him as much, yet despite being the less experienced one (cause his the youngest) his still close to Terra and Aqua in power and that’s when his still in training

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
My God you’re such a troll xD I can’t tell if you’re joking around or being serious or not but I will respond anyway

Yeah. I've had years of practice at this. In fact, when I first joined KHI, people would get in trouble for derailing threads, but I'd often wind up fine because it was so damn funny.

1. Looks like you never saw backhanded sword (or dagger) style cause it’s better then Aqua “I’m fabulous” style

I don't think that style works well for Keyblade wielders. It's beautiful and all, but Aqua's cartwheel adds love fluff to my heart.

2. Hahah you serious his the least emo in the bunch

3/4 serious. He did literally beg Terra and Aqua to kill him.

3. At least his not Im ms perfect doubt your friend and ruin your friendship

My point with that statement was that Aqua is smarter and more mature. she can think with an adult brain. Whatever's jamming up Ven's jelly is keeping him biologically frozen at 15. And she didn't ruin their friendship. If anyone did, it was Terra and Xehanort.

To be fair, Aqua was right to question him. His very first world, he forged a very questionable friendship. First of all, it's dumb to trust someone names Maleficent. The prefix alone means evil. Under possession, he snatched someone's heart. Terra's kinda dumb.

4. This Yamcha (ven) beat vanitas in the rematch fight the same vanitas that Aqua got a draw with in neverland lol

Yes, and even Yamcha beat Goku once.

5. It’s not debatable, since she didn’t show any feat that puts her above terra in bbs

Resisting the allure of darkness. The title of Master isn't solely based off of strength and you know it; otherwise, Sora would have been a Master in KH2.

6. Trusting a villain who you barely know over your own friend who lives with you and know you your entire life? I guess your love for aqua blinded you, I can see that you maleficent and Pete can be Good friends

Maleficent strikes me a "Lucielle Bluth" evil. Like, she'd probably invite Sora to her wedding if her and Pete ever got hitched.
And hell yeah, I'd get drunk with Pete.

I'd also have no issue siccing Heartless on people if they meant me harm.

Foxycian

Awards
Yeah. I've had years of practice at this. In fact, when I first joined KHI, people would get in trouble for derailing threads, but I'd often wind up fine because it was so damn funny.

I don't think that style works well for Keyblade wielders. It's beautiful and all, but Aqua's cartwheel adds love fluff to my heart.

3/4 serious. He did literally beg Terra and Aqua to kill him.

My point with that statement was that Aqua is smarter and more mature. she can think with an adult brain. Whatever's jamming up Ven's jelly is keeping him biologically frozen at 15. And she didn't ruin their friendship. If anyone did, it was Terra and Xehanort.

To be fair, Aqua was right to question him. His very first world, he forged a very questionable friendship. First of all, it's dumb to trust someone names Maleficent. The prefix alone means evil. Under possession, he snatched someone's heart. Terra's kinda dumb.

Yes, and even Yamcha beat Goku once.

Resisting the allure of darkness. The title of Master isn't solely based off of strength and you know it; otherwise, Sora would have been a Master in KH2.

Maleficent strikes me a "Lucielle Bluth" evil. Like, she'd probably invite Sora to her wedding if her and Pete ever got hitched.
And hell yeah, I'd get drunk with Pete.

I'd also have no issue siccing Heartless on people if they meant me harm.
the only one with normal fighting stance in this franchise is eraqus and possibly terra, meanwhile Aqua stance is hmm I feel like it’s just like everyone else, not saying it’s bad but just like Sora riku kairi and Xion, it’s a stance you don’t often see anyone use in real life, heck even ventus’s stance look more real (with dagger as weapon) except the spinning part, also what is weird is that they are wielding a key+sword kind of weapon but instead him holding his keyblade backwards is what bothers you lol but eh I don’t mind if you don’t like it it’s your opinion we are all free to voice opinions, I love his keyblade stance anyway:p Also

1) hmm asking someone to kill you is considered emo? That is new to me cause when I say emo I’m talking about characters like KH2 Riku+versus13 Noctis+Yozora, point Is to assure their safety he wanted to die just to protect his friends not for selfish reasons, if you see that as emo then don’t know what to say to you, I Guess whatever makes you sleep at night.

2) she may be wise but that’s it, just like terra and ven she made mistakes, also terra didn’t help maleficent you blind or what lol again can’t tell if you’re just messing around or serious, she manipulated him he wasn’t in control he didn’t trust her or even help her, you’re just covering for Aqua’s mistake cause you like her cause she has boobs cause she is A Girl!!! Probably the main reason why she’s soo popular lol I like aqua because of her character unlike fake guys who love her cause she’s a strong female fighter, point she made a big mistake believing in maleficent lies and distrusting terra, don’t cover for her, the fact the three of them made a mistake shows they have flaws which what makes them human, in my eyes she made mistakes like everyone and I think she’s a cool character but you and aqua fans making me hate her even more when you try making her look flawless and never made a mistake,

3) then Aqua is much weaker then I thought struggling against vanitas who is a small fragment of yamcha (ventus) lol ok let’s put the yamcha jokes aside now it’s getting ridiculous, overall ventus is not weak despite being the less experienced one he grew on his journey and got stronger to the point he could beat vanitas on his own without Mickey’s help in the final battle that’s fact no need for a debate

4) obviously strength alone isn’t enough to be a master, but Terra is a master in using his keyblade and using magic and just like Aqua he knows everything about the knowledge of the keyblade, his only struggle is to face his darkness
(like we said already Eraqus darkness racism is why he failed) and that is not easy specially when you have Master xehanort lurking around every corner trying to make him trip every second, his a master but not in title and yea just like you said his like Sora, except Terra is more experienced on using the keyblade since he was trained by a keyblade master.

about the last one... Eh I actually like maleficent she’s my favorite Disney villain so I wouldn’t mind being friends with her and hear her witchy laugh.

Last edited:

LinLin

Reason why I opened this topic is to state something, first of all i know all 3 main characters are equally important even the villain is important, however about the main lead role of this game, the thing is Nomura in the interview said
“haha you can also say she is the true main character” but judging by that tone I cannot help but think that Nomura clearly saying that YOU can view her that way if you want, since she has the big role at the end now that the boys are out of the picture, so yea imo all three are still equally main characters, and yes now that the boys are out of the picture she is the only one that still active and can be considered the true main character, I get that but I can only see her as the true main character of the sequels like 0.2 (and maybe birth by sleep final mix cause the secret ep) but as for the original... still if I had to pick one to be the lead then I pick ven, the main story of the original focused heavily on ven and terra, Aqua also had some sort of connection to the story but still I say ven is the main lead of the original since Aqua importance didn’t start until the final episode which is the end of the game,

it’s like Nier basically

2b = terra
9s = Ventus (9s had the bigger role in His game)
A2 = Aqua

Edit: I had to re-edited my comment cause I had come to conclusion that I was bit rash and new at this but now I fixed it.
they are three main characters... simple as that. Though to be frankly I have always seen their roles like this.

birth by sleep + birth by sleep final mix
Ventus the protagonist
Terra the main character
Aqua the Hero of the story

since many already pointed it out, Aqua didn’t get much focus regarding the scenario of the Main story like Terra and Ventus, her story was all about just chasing her friends, she wasn’t part of xehanort plan, she didn’t have a villain of her own like her friends, her real story didn’t start until the final episode at least in my opinion, final episode and beyond is when the game started focusing on her, now that her friends are no longer active she became the sole main character

birth by sleep fragmentary passage 0.2
Aqua the main protagonist

obvious no doubt she is the main protagonist of the birth by sleep sequel 0.2

That’s all I know and what I believe.

disney233

Awards
You wanna know the answer?

YOU WANNA KNOW WHO'S THE MAIN CHARACTER IN BIRTH BY SLEEP?

IT'S SORA!

BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT GODDAMN TITLE IT IS, NOMURA WILL ALWAYS TIE SORA IN AS THE CATACLYSM TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON EVERYONE. Literally, he's a goddamn child and he's the one that ties into TAV's story. HE'S ASLEEP, AND HE TIES INTO RAX'S STORY.
Sora's literally the annoying-ass flee that will always serve as the center of attention. Sora's the main protagonist in just about every title, while Xehanort's LITERALLY the main antagonist in every title. Even in the games they don't even star in, Sora will always serve as the main character.

LinLin

IT'S SORA!

BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT GODDAMN TITLE IT IS, NOMURA WILL ALWAYS TIE SORA IN AS THE CATACLYSM TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON EVERYONE. Literally, he's a goddamn child and he's the one that ties into TAV's story. HE'S ASLEEP, AND HE TIES INTO RAX'S STORY.
Sora's literally the annoying-ass flee that will always serve as the center of attention. Sora's the main protagonist in just about every title, while Xehanort's LITERALLY the main antagonist in every title. Even in the games they don't even star in, Sora will always serve as the main character.
Yea you’re right but I learned to accept that Nomura loves spoiling Sora so much and involves him in everything and every game, but I’m fine with that now.

Foxycian

Awards

IT'S SORA!

Tbh Sora is my favorite, his one of my childhood heroes, even if a game mentions him a lot doesn’t mean he is the main focus of bbs or 358/2days, Sora just has his role since his the protagonist of this franchise that’s all.

358/2days is Roxas Xion Axel Story

birth by sleep is Ventus Aqua Terra story

Kingdom hearts 1 is Sora kairi and riku story (ofc and maybe other games where all three of them are important and not just Sora)

each trio had their own game focused on them I think it’s fair, Sora gets more cause his simply the main protagonist of the series.

LinLin

all three are main protagonist some say ven because of his role in the story and how he is connected to everyone and some say terra because his connected to xehanort and the events to come and some say Aqua because she fought the final boss Secret ep

I say all three are mains each had their role, but if I had to choose 1 than I lean towards Vantus more since the story focused on him, the story kept throwing him in my face that everyone wants him and how important he is in terra and aqua story, Ventus also has the Chrisma of a main character type, moreover the name title of the game birth by sleep is clearly meant to represent him or better say his fate and maybe also his connection to Sora too cause Sora was born when Ventus was brought to the island in the start of birth by sleep, I always considered ventus the main character, but still facts are facts and that is all three are main characters.

Last edited:

Keyblade07

they are three main characters... simple as that. Though to be frankly I have always seen their roles like this.

birth by sleep + birth by sleep final mix
Ventus the protagonist
Terra the main character
Aqua the Hero of the story

since many already pointed it out, Aqua didn’t get much focus regarding the scenario of the Main story like Terra and Ventus, her story was all about just chasing her friends,

birth by sleep fragmentary passage 0.2
Aqua the Main protagonist
I agree with this but in the end they are all main characters

Pure_Dandelion

Forgive me for reviving old conversation but wanted to say my viewpoint on this, Ventus had many focus in the story of birth by sleep. I always considered him the main protagonist he is always sitting in the middle. The game started with him and also ended with him. When you finish the final episode and the credits roll the last scene in the birth by sleep timeline is of Ventus and kid Sora then after This you successfully completed the game, The reason why I don’t count Blank point cuz its more of a secret ending that you must do certain stuff to unlock, the true ending in video games is always the one that comes before credit or after credit, the secret ending in video games specifically kingdom heart is most of the time tells about what’s gonna happen next so it wasn’t the finale of birth by sleep, the secret ending also does not focus on just aqua but all the main kingdom hearts characters that are connected to Sora and blank points take place in the future with ten years have already passed but in the original birth by sleep timeline before the time skip the game ended with Ventus and Sora, Aqua survives the final clash so its not weird she getting focus in the new birth by sleep 2.8 just like yuna from final fantasy X she got her own game x-2 since tidus was gone

This here is where birth by sleep really ended after you beat the game you will get this finale after the credit song, the last scene of the game is of Ventus and little Sora, Sora roxas and Ventus are the protagonists thats why they are the center in the games covers

Foxycian

Awards
Guess I’ll end this silly topic... (that I started) my last comment for this topic

All three are equally main protagonists
Terra main character
Ventus main character
Aqua main character

you could say Aqua can be considered the true main when you reach the final chapter of the game, since she is the last one standing or you can say cause she’s the only one available (Also she’s more popular) BUT Now that all three are reunited again at the end of this saga I say they are back to being equally main characters👍

but that’s my opinion, And ofc everyone is free to think of who ever is the true main character, but for me they are all equally main protagonists.

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Edit: leave my boy ven alone xD

Disagree all you want but Ven only has 2 game appeareances, BBS and KH3. He is the first to get his ass knocked tf out in both. TWICE in BBS.

How the fuck you lose to a Neoshadow? Roxas' first appearance has him murdering Neoshadows left and right, and Roxas is half of Sora.

Sora>Roxas>Vanitas>Ven

Foxycian

Awards
Disagree all you want but Ven only has 2 game appeareances, BBS and KH3. He is the first to get his ass knocked tf out in both. TWICE in BBS.

How the fuck you lose to a Neoshadow? Roxas' first appearance has him murdering Neoshadows left and right, and Roxas is half of Sora.

Sora>Roxas>Vanitas>Ven
Don’t know what you’re talking about my friend, Ventus appears in more games then terra and aqua, oh and guess what his the only one to accomplish his goal successfully by the end

Terra “Failed”
he may have gave Xehanort amnesia when lingering will beat terranort but still in the end Terra Got possessed, Xehanort got what he wanted a young body

Aqua “failed”
fell in the realm of darkness and even saved the main villain thinking that terra can take back control but didn’t

Ventus “Succeeded”
the only one in the trio to win in the end, both terra and aqua did their part in trying to stop xehanort and they did Good but Ventus is the one that accomplished the most by the end, in order to ruin xehanort plan he destroyed the X-blade Through his own sacrifice

Also about the Neoshadow heartless, can’t tell if you’re serious or joking... Ventus age in that flashback was 12, he was younger then kh1 Sora and Roxas in days, and he didn’t have Donald and goofy to aid him, plus xehanort also commented Ventus had pure heart he would rather die then use the darkness to save his own skin, at least that’s what xehanort said, lol who are you to judge Ventus? For years people think his the weakest of his trio even tho master xehanort himself said in his report that Ventus has Great potential, he might not be seen as equal to terra and aqua for now but he will get there shortly or maybe he already did, in the final battle ven got much stronger and he went all out and defeated Vanitas without collapsing like aqua, People think his the weakest but his actually really strong in times of need, you clearly didn’t by attention to him cause I’m guessing you don’t like him as much? Oh well to each their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back