• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you Believe to be the Main Antagonist for Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the Main Antagonist for Sora?

• Master Xehanort

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Xemnas (Xehanort's Nobody)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Xigbar/Braig

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Marluxia

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Young Xehanort

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Heartless/the darkness

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Throughout Kingdom Hearts Sora has fought many villains, some Disney, some original characters, but mostly incarnations of Xehanort. I am curious to see which villain people most closely relate to being Sora's main antagonist. The villain that Sora is most driven to defeat, the villain that Sora has a deeper connection with.

I also realize that I have missed some choices on the poll, but you get the general idea.

Let me know your thoughts!

To clarify some confusion (sorry guys!) I do mean Sora's personal Antagonist, not the Antagonist of the entire series. Think more along the lines of Riku has Ansem, Ven has Vanitas, etc.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's actually really interesting, I was discussing this with my friends a couple days ago.
With DDD they paired Sora with Xemnas, as a parallel of Riku and Ansem: but I think Roxas might have more to do with that.
I don't see Braig as the main antagonist, although some exchanges in DDD between them were actually interesting.
I'm actually going to say the Heartless/Darkness: Sora lost a lot due to them, and is arguably the protagonist that spent the most on-screen time dealing with them.

I thought it was pretty obvious that MX is the main antagonist.

He's the main antagonist of the saga, not necessarily Sora's. I'd say Terra or Ventus have more scores to settle with Master Xehanort than he does.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd say Marluxia. Sora had more reason to hate him then any of the series other villains. That may change once he meets Xehanort in KH3, but for now they don't have any true beef with each other.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'd say Marluxia. Sora had more reason to hate him then any of the series other villains. That may change once he meets Xehanort in KH3, but for now they don't have any true beef with each other.

^

This would be a great answer if he was in the new organization.

As for me, I'm going with Ansem. He plunged his world into darkness, ripping his home and friends away from him, and almost ruined Riku's relationship with Sora forever. Not to mention, you know, being the asshole that actually started this whole mess. I'm sure Sora is happy that he's helping out as he can, but he never would have had to go on this journey if Ansem hadn't existed and ripped his home away from him. And he almost killed his girlfriend Kairi as well, so you've got to imagine he doesn't like the guy much.

The most personal Xemnas and Sora really got is when Xemnas strikes Riku straight in the back with the ethereal blades, and other than that he was just a bad guy he had to fight to save the world again.

Again, Swoosh said it best; Marluxia almost destroyed Sora emotionally.

Xigbar... he's just a guy that tells jokes. Sora hates him, but he hates everyone in the organization. He hates Saix a hell of a lot more, I can tell you that much.

Master Xehanort and Sora aren't very personally connected at all. While Master Xehanort is the guy that orchestrated all of this chaos, him and Sora have never really met. The only time they were in the same room is when Sora was asleep; hell, he probably doesn't even know what he looks like! He might have caused everything and almost turned him into a Xehanort, but that doesn't mean it was personal by any means.

And Young Xehanort... Sora fucking HATES this guy. Honestly, he probably hates the young version way more than he'd hate the older version. Young Xehanort screwed with him a ton, I can imagine this being the reason Sora wants to go after Xehanort so bad during Kingdom Hearts III. It's his younger self that pissed him off, not the geezer version we see today.

If I had one choice, though, it'd be Ansem. Sorry, Marluxia, but you were only in one game, so you didn't get to do any further harm.

Hirokey123

Awards
Going with Xemnas there isn't a being alive who has done more to actively hurt Sora than Xemnas has.

Xemnas tested and played with Sora many times both in KH1 and KH2 for. Even being the busy machination making man he is he came to greet Sora when he first woke up and he came to see him in RG after he finished his business in the chamber. He did both of these for really no reason other than he could. He sent his organization members after him constantly with orders to stir his heart and confuse him, to "make the journey one he will be sure to remember". He set up complex plots designed to rip Sora into pieces then monopolize those pieces for his own usage. He obsessed at obtained Sora's power to the point of trying to make replicas of him. He abused Sora's power, he abused Sora's body and soul, and he brought Sora's memories to life and abused those to. This man has abused every inch of Sora's being. Even DDD makes it clear that Xemnas is to Sora what Ansem is to Riku. Now that he wasn't busy with other plots Xemnas was able to dedicate even more time to personally dissecting Sora's make-up, screwing with his head, making him suffer and doubt, and of course teach him in hopes he could get Sora to go along with them willingly.

Sora and Xemnas have never physically merged, thank god, but Xemnas is the Xehanort Sora has interacted with the most personally and the nort who has interacted with him the most. Master Xehanort is overall antagonist of the series and personal antagonist of TAV. Ansem is the personal antagonist of Riku, Sora was afterthought. Marluxia is the personal antagonist of Namine, Sora was a prize. Xigbar is antagonistic to everyone equally be they friend or foe. Young Xehanort isn't really a personal antagonist to anyone but the closest he would have is being one to Riku. The heartless get in Sora's way and threaten his friends but he's never openly been hunting them down they just hunt him down, the heartless are the keyblade's antagonist if anything.

senninichigo

Awards
^

Xigbar... he's just a guy that tells jokes. Sora hates him, but he hates everyone in the organization. He hates Saix a hell of a lot more, I can tell you that much.

Master Xehanort and Sora aren't very personally connected at all. While Master Xehanort is the guy that orchestrated all of this chaos, him and Sora have never really met. The only time they were in the same room is when Sora was asleep; hell, he probably doesn't even know what he looks like! He might have caused everything and almost turned him into a Xehanort, but that doesn't mean it was personal by any means.

And Young Xehanort... Sora diddlying HATES this guy. Honestly, he probably hates the young version way more than he'd hate the older version. Young Xehanort screwed with him a ton, I can imagine this being the reason Sora wants to go after Xehanort so bad during Kingdom Hearts III. It's his younger self that pissed him off, not the geezer version we see today.

If I had one choice, though, it'd be Ansem. Sorry, Marluxia, but you were only in one game, so you didn't get to do any further harm.

I agree with what you said about Master Xehanort and YMX; Master Xehanort has never messed with Sora to his face (unless Sora was sleeping) and YMX messed with him all of DDD and even had that long cutscene where he showed him when YMX was still on Destiny Islands and everything so he got a little more personal with Sora. Although let's also remember that other people are Sora's power so Sora may have BIG BEEF with MX just because he's messed with so many people(Also we don't know a lot about YMX while in his youth on Destiny Islands and his ties to other characters). As for the rest, I don't know. Ansem SOD seems to have the most to do with Riku especially with all the hints that The Guardian has something to do with Terra and his darkness/darkness in his heart. And Xemnas just messes with Sora probably because he's the villain that Sora has the most connection to emotionally, with him not only using Sora but using Roxas and Sora now having those memories/feelings, and YMX and MX wanted to use the to their advantage in DDD. Now here's where we get into speculation so bear with me........and try not to tear this apart and be mean guys just speculating.

Braig.....yes braig.....is probably the worst villain that Sora WILL HAVE (out of the current list/13 darknesses) to face but not currently. There is still a lot unknown about the MOM and his role manipulating everything could be the greatest threat of all but with everything from back cover and going back and observing Braig/Xigbar theres enough to speculate that he has something to do with MOM which I think will play a huge role toward the end of KH3. I'll go into more details in another post on their connection but regardless of if Braig turns out being the MOM or vice-versa or anything like that Braig is one of the most sadistic, antagonizing characters in the series, besides MOM, and he really knows how to get under people's skin. This along with the fact that it seems like he's the errand boy of MX means he'll probably be in the way of Sora a lot in KH3 similar to how Axel was in COM. Also, I'm being very specific in calling him Braig because I think Nomura has something up his sleeve with him(which will be in the Theory I post on the forum sometime today).

Just my thoughts on the discussion but personally I think the biggest antagonist for Sora will be his own darkness, possibly even Vanitas(At least in an emotional point of view and obstacle for Sora to overcome).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The antagonist for Sora is MX. Even if they haven't personally come to blows yet (though one could argue that any incarnation of Xehanort is technically MX), it's clear that they are each other's match. MX as a character is a complete foil to Sora and is the series' antithesis. The other characters have more personal histories/interactions with the villains, but it's MX's impersonal quality that makes him the direct match for Sora. MX has dehumanized everything and everyone, which runs counter to Sora's values and core more than any other singular villain. They are thematic and character polar opposites.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
In the 2015 E3 trailer Sora`s and Xehanort`s chess pieces were shown last in a face off, so I with that Nomura probably also wanted to communicate that MX is Sora`s antagonist.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Guys, he meant which villain is more personally connected to Sora, his "main" villain, he's not literally asking who the main antagonist will be. We all know the answer to that question. Just making sure to inform you guys if you didn't read the original OP or just misunderstood it or something :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sora is the kind of guy whose biggest enemy would be his friends' biggest enemy. So I'll go with Geezernort.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel like the Sora - Master Xehanort parallel indicates they're destined enemies, but I don't feel like it means they're proper antagonists.
Master Xehanort actually took interest in Sora even after he thwarted his plans twice, and Sora... still haven't even properly met the guy.
KH III is gonna be the first game to feature them having a proper meeting, I feel like it's not enough. There's plenty of enemies Sora interacted with the most.
To Sora, Master Xehanort is merely the next threat. To Xehanort, Sora is the last vessel or just another enemy to topple over. They're not really tied by anything else.
Being complete opposites doesn't really mean a lot when your fight is merely duty-bound.

I'd say Larxene hurt Sora more than Marluxia. Granted the two have a deeper history than others (or what's left of it after the memory wipe), most of it happened when Sora was altered by the obsession for Naminé, I kinda see that Sora almost as a different version of the "canon" Sora.
Also, to me antagonist means something a bit more than just "I really hate this guy": Sora never understood what Marluxia was doing or why.
Xemnas is probably the only one that Sora actually bothered analyzing and questioning before drawing his mighty light sword and battling, so I respect people pointing at him. But I still think Roxas has even more beef imo.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I also voted for Master Xehanort, since I don't feel like Marluxia, while having the most personal connection, can be really considered Sora's main antagonist if he's just in one game.
Also gotta agree with Void, his friends' enemy is his enemy as well, regardless whether they have any connection or not.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I know that Sora and Marluxia only had one game but wouldn't the same apply to Sora and Geezernort? They'll only have KH3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I know that Sora and Marluxia only had one game but wouldn't the same apply to Sora and Geezernort? They'll only have KH3.
Yeah, but I meant in the whole series. Marluxia is only in one game, Xehanort in 3 (including KH3). He just feels kinda insignificant to me (idk know why tbh)

Obey_Robin

im really thinking Braig will overthrow Xehanort and be the next big bad after the final battle in 3. Braig has always been in the shadows but always just in view of the plans. and he was there during BBS... i've just always had a close eye on him

Muke

whatever
Awards
I wouldn't want another man behind the man scenario, jesus please no. It's why I want all the ORG members to die in KH3. No redemptions. No backstabing. Kill every one of them please, thanks.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
While I get that Sora and MX aren't well-acquainted in any sense, and thus it's easier to view Marluxia or Xemnas as someone who is more "Sora's" villain, I'm still going with MX. Master Xehanort is thematically opposed to Sora. In every way possible, they are the opposite of each other.

- Sora is warm, unconditionally loving, and helpful to a fault. Xehanort is cold, calculating, and only cares for achieving his own ambitions.

- Sora consistently puts himself in harms' way and makes personal sacrifices so that others may find happiness. Xehanort consistently puts everyone else in harms' way and either manipulates or outright forces all those around him to sacrifice their own happiness so that he may get what he wants.

- Sora welcomes those around him into his own heart out of love. Xehanort forcibly inserts his heart into others out of selfish desire.

Regardless of incarnation, Xehanort is Sora's fundamental opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back