• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who could you see providing new themes besides Utada?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behonkiss

Website
twitter.com
Obviously, Utada Hikaru contributed the series' two most iconic themes, but it still seems to be very up in the air whether she'll return for KH3, since she's been on hiatus for years and only now apparently has a new album in the works.

This has got me wondering, since if she doesn't return, another artist will need to take her place. Do you guys have any thoughts on who would best be suited for the series?

My main pick right now would be the Jpop singer Ayaka. Her primary songs have a kind of folk-like sound compared to Utada, but I listen to her voice in this track and can imagine the emotion she'd put into a more intense song.

[video=youtube;A2SWGDmZ__Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SWGDmZ__Y[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ONE OK ROCK

[video=youtube;Hh9yZWeTmVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9yZWeTmVM[/video]

It's a complete divergence from Utada but if she doesn't return, they honestly might as well try for something completely different. An added benefit is that ONE OK ROCK is actually very popular in the west and Taka's singing in English is absolutely perfect!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
sia
chvrches
Lana del rey
jhene aiko
SZA

there is probably 0 chance of any of these coming true but idgaf

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas could make a great theme for KH3. They did the opening for Parasyte

[video=youtube;D-SQqppuGvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-SQqppuGvc[/video]

EchoFringe49

Salyu and Shiina Ringo would be my top choices. They're both bilingual and have dabbled in experimental music in the past

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Jesse McCartney and Jordin Sparks are two people I wouldn't mind with past Disney ties (plus McCartney already being in the series). Leona Lewis is another one with a nice voice, that has a connection to the company from providing the song for XIII, I think? Maybe Tori Kelly or Jessie Ware. I know next to nothing about Japanese artists to say about them.

It'd actually be cool if they got a Disney voice actor like Jodi Benson, Lea Salonga, or Judy Kuhn to sing a song written by someone else.

Rosebudx

Awards
Jesse McCartney and Jordin Sparks are two people I wouldn't mind with past Disney ties (plus McCartney already being in the series). Leona Lewis is another one with a nice voice, that has a connection to the company from providing the song for XIII, I think? Maybe Tori Kelly or Jessie Ware. I know next to nothing about Japanese artists to say about them.

It'd actually be cool if they got a Disney voice actor like Jodi Benson, Lea Salonga, or Judy Kuhn to sing a song written by someone else.

Beautiful Soul title song confirmed
[video=youtube;ek2PDE1cAyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2PDE1cAyY[/video]

Okay, but seriously, a dream for me would be Switchfoot. A crack dream, perhaps, but still...mmm, Jon Foreman.

Last edited:

JMT

Awards
Idina Menzel would be a great choice. But of course KH is nothing with out Hikki 100%.

Caxinuld

Awards
Joke answer: IceJJFish.

Serious answer: I don't know that many artists who could provide a new theme song for Kingdom Hearts, but I can see Disney picking the biggest musician of 2017 or 2018 to make a new song for KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back