• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who all wants BBS for the PS3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex999

actually i was thinking more that nomura would release something for ps3 like HD remake like has been done for god of war and others. he said he was worried that the series had become too long and new ppl wouldnt be able to keep up so i would think that would be a decent choice. maybe have kh1, h2, re:com, possibly bbs in it.

if they priced it at 40$ that would give alot of value to new players b4 kh3 was released, i was actually thinking he might announce it or release it for KHs 10th anniversary

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I see the idea behind it, yet the question is if there's time for such a thing.
After all, the ridiculously long development time of FF vs XIII is already pretty much holding the progress of KH at bay.

Alex999

well according to the develepors from god of war they said it was very easy to do. mind they did this while still working on god of war 3 as well. im sure they'll be able to just fine if they decide to do it, of course it depends too on what they would put in it as well.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
well according to the develepors from god of war they said it was very easy to do. mind they did this while still working on god of war 3 as well. im sure they'll be able to just fine if they decide to do it, of course it depends too on what they would put in it as well.
The God of War PS3 collection was relatively easy to develop for a number of factors that those two games had, and that BBS very much lacks. The God of War games were developed for a console towards the very end of its 'life' as it were. It was the most popular console of a generation, and had a huge plethora of titles that allowed hundreds of develops to push the technology of the PS2. Sony Santa Monica, making the God of War games so late in the PS2's life, had several years of experience seeing just what the PS2 could do, hence why they were able to get such relatively good graphics on a sixth-generation system. When it came to upscaling them for an HD collection, all they had to do was improve the graphics engine of the game for more complete HD, and allow it to have HD output. Many games, Kingdom Hearts 2 especially, would look much better if you simply had an HD cable to display them through, rather than the standard component cables, as forum member Dogenzaka has demonstrated.

Birth by Sleep, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. The graphics engine used in Birth by Sleep was not a new one, but a rejigging of Days' engine, and it was designed purely to be used on a screen of certain size, resolution and aspect ratio. In the case of Birth by Sleep, the actual image quality and drawing quality are two separate things, so if you were to simply take Birth by Sleep and greatly improve the graphics engine, all you're doing is taking the drawn-for-PSP visuals and making them all the more obvious they were never designed for a bis screen. To do visual justice to Birth by Sleep on the PS3, you'd need to not only improve the graphics engine, but also redraw everything in the game so that it looks relatively good in HD.

Last edited:

zero123

Maybe for the tenth anniversary or something. Otherwise, the time's better spent on other projects. However, my reasoning for wanting to see BBS on the PS3 has to do with this: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 3 PS3 VS PSP Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Walkthrough Part 19.5 KH2 Secret Ending

Look at how much better it might look on the PS3. Like I said, if they can't re-release the first two games (preferably the Final Mix versions) for the tenth anniversary, I'd take Birth By Sleep on the PS3 as a substitute, since it was after all, made during the PS3 gen and it's a main game (KH0). If KH3 won't be out until late PS3 gen or even the PS4 gen, why can't we at least have BBS on the PS3 between now and then?
I don't think they'll ever make a KH game with that kind of graphics style simply because of all the disney characters and worlds in the game

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I guess it's not as easy as I thought, then I guess that leaves KH1/ KH2 (FMs) HD as the only possible alternative for the tenth anniversary. Seriously, there has to be something coming out for the tenth anniversary, other than a new game. I'm going to be disappointed if Nomura doesn't do anything for it. I'd still like to see BBS with cutscenes more akin to those seen in the KH2 FM trailer HD. As for the PSP crap, I'm just going to painfully skip BBS and stick to Youtube. There's nothing worth buying a PSP for other than that game, so no thanks on buying one. I also don't know anyone with a PSP I could borrow. If the opportunity presents itself, I'm going to get a DS/ 3DS for Days and Coded (maybe KH 3DS), but only because there's other games worth buying.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Though I don't have a PS3, but i do hope KH3 is made on PS3..just because of the graphic maybe..
You really wouldn't notice the difference if KH3 was made on the PS3 or 360, possibly even the Wii too. KH3 is simply not going to make use of the graphical grunt of any of this generation's home consoles.

Alex999

You really wouldn't notice the difference if KH3 was made on the PS3 or 360, possibly even the Wii too. KH3 is simply not going to make use of the graphical grunt of any of this generation's home consoles.

the wii is a big stretch, i remember playing cod on my ps3 then on my friends wii and i was like "wtf is this..."

i understand that kingdom hearts (while colorful and pretty) has not been a graphical masterpiece like FF and such, besides kh1 of course which at the time it came out were very good graphics for the ps2. still though, im sure kh wii and kh ps3/360 would have a marginal difference visually

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
the wii is a big stretch, i remember playing cod on my ps3 then on my friends wii and i was like "wtf is this..."

i understand that kingdom hearts (while colorful and pretty) has not been a graphical masterpiece like FF and such, besides kh1 of course which at the time it came out were very good graphics for the ps2. still though, im sure kh wii and kh ps3/360 would have a marginal difference visually
The thing is, KH3 on the Wii would be visually fine, albeit pushing the console slightly.

Kevin Perez

I always figured that a game like BBS would've been much fit for the PS3. They defintely could've done a lot more and expanded the game just a bit more. How much information/data/etc can the PS3 disc store compared to the previous generations and the PSP.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe for the tenth anniversary or something. Otherwise, the time's better spent on other projects. However, my reasoning for wanting to see BBS on the PS3 has to do with this: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 3 PS3 VS PSP Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Walkthrough Part 19.5 KH2 Secret Ending

Look at how much better it might look on the PS3. Like I said, if they can't re-release the first two games (preferably the Final Mix versions) for the tenth anniversary, I'd take Birth By Sleep on the PS3 as a substitute, since it was after all, made during the PS3 gen and it's a main game (KH0). If KH3 won't be out until late PS3 gen or even the PS4 gen, why can't we at least have BBS on the PS3 between now and then?

HA! That's FAAAAR too much quality for the PS3 to handle. That's more like PS4 Graphics if anything XD

Narnianqueen

I think it would be pretty cool.

But, I hate how you have to buy another game device to play one game. I mean, I only bought the PSP for BBS and that's a big waste of money. I try to look for some other games on the PSP but there aren't really any I'm interested in. I think all games in a series should be on one console so you don't have to keep buying different ones just for one game. That's the only thing I don't like about the KH series. I can't just keep buying different consoles. Not everyone has rich parents or are rich themselves :)

People, I ask you, don't put me down for this unpopular opinion :)

Decade

I want it on my Playstation 6 so I can have another game to play besides Dragon Quest 13.

Key to Truth

Awards

For that reason it would still be better to release on PS3/Xbox 360 (I still prefer Ps3), if they aren't going to put AWESOME graphics it means they will have less CPU use. Which means they will be able to put more things on screen, add more gimmicks, bigger maps, bigger worlds, more voice acting, and more of everything whatsoever, making the game way more attractive to the user. Also, multiplatform games are always downgraded because they have to make everything possible on two different systems the same way and both consoles are different.

HA! That's FAAAAR too much quality for the PS3 to handle. That's more like PS4 Graphics if anything XD

Actually, Ps3 could handle something like that perfectly, just a bit more cartoony.

Arkaria

People complaining about not having a certain platform need to stop BAWWWWing. It's childish to expect the universe and everyone in it to bend to your whims and desires. The correct answer to this thread, is that it would have been nice if they had made BBS for PS3 in the first place. The fact that Square insists on spreading the KH games across as many gaming platforms as possible is what causes fans to RAGGEEE.

Want to play KH1 and 2? Buy a PS2
Want to play KH 298347823/2 Days? Buy a Nintendo DS
Want to play BBS? Buy a PSP
Want to play KH 3D? Buy a Nintendo 3DS
Want to play KH 3? Buy a PS3

Why don't they just make KH3 for the fukcing xbox to inconvenience everyone a little more. I don't even see the benefit of spreading the games over so many platforms. Unless you count:

A. KH fans will be forced to buy all those platforms, much to the pleasure of the companies who make those platforms
B. If they release games on every platform, the people who have those platforms as opposed to PS2 might try the KH games for the platform they have and get hooked. Which in turn may cause them to join the platform buying frenzy so they can play the other games.

Myself? I have a PS2/3. When the time comes I may get a 3DS. For all the games I can't play, there's always youtube ;DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back