• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whitney Houston Dies at 48

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
[video=youtube;I5Wqx8LmHX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Wqx8LmHX8&feature=g-all-u&context=G2aee4cfFAAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Suddenly, EVERYONE'S A WHITNEY FAN!

Sad that she died and all, but people need to stop saying things like "omg i was such a huge fan" when they likely barely even listened to her.

I didn't even know who she was until I started seeing those "I WILL ALWAAAAAYS LOVE YOUUUUU" posts on Facebook. And even then I still didn't really give a shit.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
worst news of the kupo!ing year.

She was THE best Fairy Godmother, screw off Disney.

;A; she even died on Brandy's birthday.

I know I should say that I feel bad, but to be quite frank, I don't. I mean, yeah it's sad that she died, but seriously? She was a drug addict for god's sake. Even if she did get off it for a while, she's still an addict. Just like Shin said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was drug-related. But hey, at least she gave us one last performance a few years ago.

Why does the fact that she became a drug addict make her death less sad? Might make it less surprising (though TMZ is reporting that she didn't die from crack....she drowned in the bathtub), but not less sad.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I know I should say that I feel bad, but to be quite frank, I don't. I mean, yeah it's sad that she died, but seriously? She was a drug addict for god's sake. Even if she did get off it for a while, she's still an addict. Just like Shin said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was drug-related. But hey, at least she gave us one last performance a few years ago.

You are a horrible person just for having said that. "Oh no a person died guys, we shou... oh no wait just another addict. Move along folks nothing to see here." Jeesh.

That said, I (like others here) wasn't really a fan, but did like listening to her. She was a great singer imo. Definetely gone too early.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
worst news of the kupo!ing year.

She was THE best Fairy Godmother, screw off Disney.
Seriously, respect.

The saddest part for me was, despite having never closely followed Houston's work myself, this got me to start looking up the videos for her Nothing But Love tour. Seeing her fall apart on stage to the point where she wouldn't even sing her songs immediately reminded me of the whole affair with Amy Winehouse. I'm hoping it doesn't come out that Houston's death was an overdose or suicide, but, regardless, it's hard to see powerful musical figures hitting that wall publicly and never having the chance to recover. Despite never feeling closely attached to her songs, I hope people will celebrate Houston for the amazing work she did and show respect for the people who will miss her, because that's what I would want if one of my favorite artists was to pass on.

She was a drug addict for god's sake. Even if she did get off it for a while, she's still an addict.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Are you blaming her for her drug addiction? Are you inferring that a death from drug usage is somehow less tragic than a natural death? Or does it take something along the lines of what happened to Aaliyah to give you cause to feel sympathy for the loss of another person? Her drug addiction shouldn't really be a factor in measuring the sadness surrounding her passing. She was a human being with human conflicts: indeed, the idea that those struggles may have claimed her life only serves to add more weight to that loss, in my mind. :/

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
You are a horrible person just for having said that. "Oh no a person died guys, we shou... oh no wait just another addict. Move along folks nothing to see here." Jeesh.

That said, I (like others here) wasn't really a fan, but did like listening to her. She was a great singer imo. Definetely gone too early.

Why does it make me a horrible person? This thread is open to what people think. You have some saying they feel bad, and some that don't. It's not my fault that I really don't care for Whitney Houston. So it's pretty clear that her death wouldn't affect me at all. I'm not going to apologize for what I said. I did nothing wrong.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Why does it make me a horrible person? This thread is open to what people think. You have some saying they feel bad, and some that don't. It's not my fault that I really don't care for Whitney Houston. So it's pretty clear that her death wouldn't affect me at all. I'm not going to apologize for what I said. I did nothing wrong.

Not caring about the deaths of people you don't know is a horrible thing. /sarcasm

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Its fine if you didn't care for her but the comment was kind of over the the top and insensitive.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Not caring about the deaths of people you don't know is a horrible thing. /sarcasm

It's not the fact you said you didn't care. I'd be perfectly fine with that. It's the fact you pretty much specified that it's because she had a drug addiction. Not the same thing. You were basically going "nope, just an addict, not worth caring for" which is something I don't agree with. If that wasn't your intent, you should've worded it better.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Its fine if you didn't care for her but the comment was kind of over the the top and insensitive.

How exactly was is insensitive? I didn't know I had to be careful about speaking my opinion.

It's not the fact you said you didn't care. I'd be perfectly fine with that. It's the fact you pretty much specified that it's because she had a drug addiction. Not the same thing. You were basically going "nope, just an addict, not worth caring for" which is something I don't agree with. If that wasn't your intent, you should've worded it better.

Okay, so maybe the way I worded it wasn't exactly the nicest way, but there is no way I'm going to take it back. You don't have to like my opinion, but you do have to respect it. Free country here broski~

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
How exactly was is insensitive? I didn't know I had to be careful about speaking my opinion.

Okay, so maybe the way I worded it wasn't exactly the nicest way, but there is no way I'm going to take it back. You don't have to like my opinion, but you do have to respect it. Free country here broski~

First off, doubt we live in the same country, second: I don't have to respect didley shit. Respect, imo is something earned, not gotten because everyone thinks it should be. And saying there's no reason to care about a death because it happens to be an addict isn't exactly something that earns respect, regardless of who died.

That said, I never said you're not entitled to your own opinion. I disagreed with it just like you disagree with mine. What was that you said, this thread is open to what people think? Works both ways. ;)

Last edited:

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
It's general douchebaggery to consider someone less deserving of condolence upon their death just because they became addicted to drugs. That's like saying "Oh I didn't know your grandmother died. Wait, she was a smoker? lol who cares then"

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
but seriously? She was a drug addict for god's sake. Even if she did get off it for a while, she's still an addict.

IDK, that statement sounds insensitive to me =\
Every one has the right to say what they want, but people judge your character by what you say....

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
^ I mean, I really really don't like Lindsay Lohan anymore, and she's a drug addict. If she died, I wouldn't pity her any less because she's a drug addict. My hypothetical apathy for her death wouldn't be elevated more or less by the fact she's a drug addict.

but whatevs. haters gonna hate, Houston was one of the last great female singers of our time left. She had some impressive pipes (not just the crack pipes either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back