• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

White in COM/RECOM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey D. Rocky

Did anyone else kinda get annoyed by all the white in COM/RECOM? The walls, floor, everything hurt my eyes a ton! And this fall I'm gonna experience all that white again in HD? Challenge Accepted!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Didn't bother me. In fact I loved it for some reason. Everything being all white kinda gave you the feel that you was really wandering into oblivion.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I actually love Castle Oblivion's design.

sorasgoof

Yeah, I loved Castle Oblivion's design as well. Made it feel somewhat disorienting, which is probably what they were going for considering the plot of the game.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Didn't bother me. In fact I loved it for some reason. Everything being all white kinda gave you the feel that you was really wandering into oblivion.

I pretty much agree with you; it does really give off the vibe that you're walking into oblivion. It was a nice change from all those multiple colors we keep seeing in KH1. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nope, didn't bother me at all.

With what little color there was in Com/Re:CoM it helped the characters stand out more when they came running into a room and give them our undivided attention.

It also gives more depth to the story as well. White and black make up the organization for what it is too. :D

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think the all-white aesthetic fits Castle Oblivion thematically.

It never bothered me in either version; I think they did a good job of keeping enough color on the screen to balance it out.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I thought it was fine in the GBA version. As for the PS2 version I can see how it would strain your eyes, but I've never played it so I wouldn't know. It looks so pretty though~

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Did anyone else kinda get annoyed by all the white in COM/RECOM? The walls, floor, everything hurt my eyes a ton! And this fall I'm gonna experience all that white again in HD? Challenge Accepted!
Are you playing in the dark, cuz in dim light it's bright but my eyes adjust.

I can't imagine what bright scenes in a movie would do to you; especially in a movie theatre.

To cover all my bases, I'll say that I don't intend to be rude. I for one like all the white. Especially since its not all one shade in any shot. There is enough color in the characters to balance it out.

Last edited:

LeFreak

It was eerie and did sometimes get annoying/creepy, but as others have said, I think it fits with the whole idea of Castle Oblivion.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think the white gave us a nice break from all of the dark-like areas from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back