• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Youtubers did you unsubscribe from and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Mine has to be Ellie Steadman,

Why? her videos were great to start off with, She is a Disney lover , beauty and style vlogger, but since her weekly vlogs she has done nothing but brag about her new Disney job.

I am truly happy for her, but it's come to a point now that she just wont shut up, she even says that she's a princess and has became too full of herself. She's 22 years old btw.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Markiplier. I used to love following him. I enjoyed his FNAF videos all of last year until I heard how he treated some other fellow Youtubers, who were helping him do videos. Which he apologized for in a video but, it disappointed me because, he was a goofy and fun guy. It kind of changed my opinion about him, and with his new 'helpers' he still needs a bit of work on making them apart of his videos sometimes, especially if viewers like myself can see them. I noticed this only happened once in his Undertale video, where he introduces himself but not the other guy sitting right next to him right away. I don't know if that changed at all after I stopped watching him months ago though.

I might give him a second chance but, I'm happier following Dawko more.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I pretty much follow Andywawski, Devil's Advocate, HA Goodman, and a lot of other small Youtube channels. I occasionally watch The Amazing Atheist. Heck, I also follow Persephone Sixty-Six. I do also check out some other questionable Youtubers like Gazi Kodzo, Sensei Aishitemasu, Milo Stuart, and OnisionSpeaks.

Kounelli

Awards
So back in HS (2005 - 2010) I used to watch Tobuscus a lot cause I thought his personality was fun and eccentric. As time went on I just stopped watching his content. One day I went back cause his name popped up somewhere and I was just so shocked to find out about the rape allegations and questionable abusive relationships he had with many, many women. It's not why I unsubscribed from him originally (that stuff wasn't really known at the time I just found his content boring after a while) and I don't want to accuse him of anything that hasn't been proven in a court of law, but ouch. That's not something good to hear about when you look up updates on a youtuber you used to like lol.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So back in HS (2005 - 2010) I used to watch Tobuscus a lot cause I thought his personality was fun and eccentric. As time went on I just stopped watching his content. One day I went back cause his name popped up somewhere and I was just so shocked to find out about the rape allegations and questionable abusive relationships he had with many, many women. It's not why I unsubscribed from him originally (that stuff wasn't really known at the time I just found his content boring after a while) and I don't want to accuse him of anything that hasn't been proven in a court of law, but ouch. That's not something good to hear about when you look up updates on a youtuber you used to like lol.
I never heard of that guy, which is weird since I spend almost the whole day on Youtube.

Kounelli

Awards
He has several youtube channels including a gaming one and was the actor for main protag for the annoying orange show that ran on cartoon network if that sparks up anything haha.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ HIM?! Okay, now I know who you're talking about.

Kounelli

Awards
images

yeah this dude haha
I think he was pretty popular back in the day but now...apparently (from IMDB so don't know how true it is) he was to have a role in the Angry Birds movie but since the allegations they completely cut his character out of the film entirely before it was released. He has ADHD, depression, and aggressive tendencies, but the scoop about the stuff he did really put all this into light.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I unsubscribed from jwittz multiple times, I have an on off relationship with Pokemon and sometimes his videos can get very sparse. Other than that, I usually just unsubscribe from people I don't watch a lot, like good mythical morning or Smosh. That and Smosh got really annoying eventually.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
This guy is sort of not very popluar, but BlackRhinoRanger this guy isn´t that good anymore and also follows one of the worst cartoon reviewers on Youtube.

Kounelli

Awards
Yep it did, wasn't doing very well I think. I don't know for sure I never watched it haha.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I pretty much follow Andywawski, Devil's Advocate, HA Goodman, and a lot of other small Youtube channels. I occasionally watch The Amazing Atheist. Heck, I also follow Persephone Sixty-Six. I do also check out some other questionable Youtubers like Gazi Kodzo, Sensei Aishitemasu, Milo Stuart, and OnisionSpeaks.

Good job standing up for little youtubers! I follow a couple of smaller channels, such as game soup, Bobsheaux, Antdude (which is getting bigger and bigger), and a couple of others as well.

Onision is a lot like Leafy for me; the more I watched him, the more I realized his content was kind of trash and cancerous and I didn't enjoy it anymore. I am slightly biased against Onision as well, because of his often unfounded or completely wrong interpretations of certain people's arguments, like his videos against Atheist youtuber Jaclyn Glenn. As for Milo Stuart, I don't really respect their opinion on many things, and I particularly don't like that infamous video where they pretty much call everyone a transphobic simply because they don't know EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BEING TRANS. And they couldn't simply not be transphobic because they don't hate you because you're trans? I don't know, I've never been a Social Justice Warrior, always favoring an egalitarian, somewhat centrist point of view on certain problems, so I don't see how Milo's solutions solve the problems they're tackling, nor do I see how some of these issues are even issues. I don't want to get further into this (mostly because I am NOT feeling a Social Justice debate right now), but let's just say I'm not much of a fan. And, no, I'm not homophobic or transphobic or whatever towards anyone, I just don't like this particular person's opinions on the issue.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Alex Day, or Nerimon. I was never too big on him, but his doofy songs were kinda fun.
Then it turns out he was a manipulative dickwad.

Pandymint

Awards
You know, thinking about it, I'm not sure I've unsubscribed from anyone. If anything, I think I just stop watching. It happened with Smosh for the most part, for example. Still subscribed, just don't really watch.

The saddest story of all, though, is that one of my favorite LPers on YouTube, Necroscope86, retired from YouTube. I still miss watching that dude.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Every KH speedrunner channel I was subscribed to. Only because of 2.8 though, gotta avoid them spoilers.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not subscribed to a lot of people, but I keep tabs on people. Like watching actual channels. Some that I recently stopped 'following' was Markiplier as well... I mean, I don't dislike him I guess. And he can be funny. But when he forced himself through the Undertale game... it kinda put me off. He shoulda never played it if he was that upset about it. I just really end up disliking when youtubers do that, force themselves through a game and slyly make fun of it the whole time. It seemed to me like people had stopped asking him to play it ages ago so why start it over ages later when you've probably already been spoiled of everything due to its popularity?

Eh.

Pewds is also someone I watch on and off. I was subscribed a long long time ago but unsubscribed eventually when he played less games. I totally get his point of view though, you could see that he became more and more disappointed with the games he played as time went on. You get burnt out eventually. His method of just playing games he's really looking forward to instead of games his fans begs him to play is smart imo. I enjoy his more toned down vids where he's just telling stories randomly, like the one where he talks about an MMO he used to play when he was younger and how much of a butthead he was to people. Relatable. He and his girlfriend are quite cute too.

Ah Tony Turner. Tobuscus. "Darkness then Whiteness then Redness". I used to watch him a lot back in the day too. I can't remember when I unsubscribed, but I remember feeling like he was... falling apart? His content was changing and it wasn't to my taste. I think it was soon after he broke it off with iJustine. Something just wasn't right. Then turns out later, there is kinda something wrong with him and he's a bit unstable. Home he's getting help, for the safety of other people.

A while ago, I unsubscribed to The Creatures. I was really worried when they all moved in that house together and the first thing that happened was Gassy Mexican getting kicked out. Made me uncomfortable, but I stuck around (for Nova, Sly, and Seamus) Immortal got brought into the group and that was cool. Then when Sly left... my heart told me something was rumbling even though Sly said it was for his family. And you know what, that's perfectly understandable because his father had just passed. So, I didn't think much of it. Then Seamus kinda disappeared and it seemed like they were expanding the office much too fast. Do you really need that much space?? That's all I kept asking myself. How expensive must that have been? Anyway, I left for good when Seamus was officially gone.

I guess, what makes me really unsubscribe from people is when I start to feel uncomfortable with things that aren't even prevalent in the videos most of the time. Something usually sets me off, and I decide to book it. It's only happened twice so far (Toby and the Creatures)

To think, this is my 10th year being on youtube. I kinda miss the days of uploading anything you want without rules that were too strict.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Good job standing up for little youtubers! I follow a couple of smaller channels, such as game soup, Bobsheaux, Antdude (which is getting bigger and bigger), and a couple of others as well.

Onision is a lot like Leafy for me; the more I watched him, the more I realized his content was kind of trash and cancerous and I didn't enjoy it anymore. I am slightly biased against Onision as well, because of his often unfounded or completely wrong interpretations of certain people's arguments, like his videos against Atheist youtuber Jaclyn Glenn. As for Milo Stuart, I don't really respect their opinion on many things, and I particularly don't like that infamous video where they pretty much call everyone a transphobic simply because they don't know EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BEING TRANS. And they couldn't simply not be transphobic because they don't hate you because you're trans? I don't know, I've never been a Social Justice Warrior, always favoring an egalitarian, somewhat centrist point of view on certain problems, so I don't see how Milo's solutions solve the problems they're tackling, nor do I see how some of these issues are even issues. I don't want to get further into this (mostly because I am NOT feeling a Social Justice debate right now), but let's just say I'm not much of a fan. And, no, I'm not homophobic or transphobic or whatever towards anyone, I just don't like this particular person's opinions on the issue.

I would occasionally check out Josh Feuerstein's videos, but he mostly uploads on Facebook. So, there's that!

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
The Amazing Atheist.

He's a funny guy, and his videos on many subject matters are pretty accurate, albeit excessively rude at times. I suppose I'm just used to that sense of humor, though. However, I came to a point where I could no longer let his anti-feminist stances slide. It astounds me that he speaks (or at least did speak, I haven't watched him in years now) so much truth on LGBT issues, but just straight-up doesn't get feminism at all (these things just go hand in hand for me, like the reason transgender people face so much nonsense is rooted in a misogynistic society. It's common sense) and then becomes a complete and total jerk about it. And I don't mean his standard 'jerk' shtick he has going on. Clearly this is who he really is.

I had it. Especially since the atheist community has a problem with misogyny and I won't stand for that at all. A lot of women who don't believe in God don't even call themselves atheists because of this problem. I don't like that. We shouldn't hand the title over to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back