• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which villain would you want to get redemption?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower3582

Which villain from the KH series would you want to earn redemption and go to the good side? I'm not talking who would make sense or has an actual chance of getting it, they can be as illogical as you want, just who would you want to get it? Marluxia? Saix? Master Xehanort? Chernabog?

I personally would love to see Vanitas given a chance at the good side. He's got a lot of untapped potential in my opinion, and i'd love to see him battle with his negative emotions for good instead of using them for evil. Young Xehanort could also be interesting, his character is largely unexplored and i wonder what he might be like if he wasn't corrupted by his evil future self and/or whoever (if anyone) passed on No Name to him.

In your dreams, who would you like to see switch sides?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
To be honest, I always thought it would have been interesting had DDD explored a Young Xehanort who was pulled into the fray but didn't want to become like the older Xehanort. While that didn't happen (and more than likely won't at this point), I think it would have added an interesting dynamic but alas.

I kind of want to see Marly and Larxene still be the Bad Bitches that they are after this Saga ends and tbh I think they could easily carry a game or two as the main antagonists. The way the two play off of each other and the heroes was something I really enjoyed in CoM so.

But Isa is someone I'm expecting to go traitor at the end and either start a road to redemption or die to protect Lea. He's been best friends with Lea for over a decade, they were planning to overthrow the Organization for reasons that are still pretty much unknown, and considering Days and BbS went out of their way to establish this connection and plot between the two, I'm almost certain it will come full circle in KH3.

But honestly, none of the other villains really strike me as ones I want to be redeemed. I like that Geezernort is a major dickhead who is evil but not completely batshit. Meanwhile, Vanitas is someone who IS completely batshit and has so much fun with it that I really don't like the idea of trying to make him good either.

Veevee

Awards
Definitely Isa.
BBS showed us how their friendship was and it felt quite real to me - bickering, eating ice creams, having stupid dreams together, being kicked out, having some more ice cream. There are one or two entrys in the secret logs of Days where both Isa and Lea complain about the other one having changed, Isa probably due to the Xehanort influence and Lea through Roxas / Xion. Yeah, Isa still acted like a dick, but I can kind of understand the feeling of growing more distant to someone and being jealous because he seems much happier with other people, thus ditching own shared plans. DDD makes exactly these two clash with each other while Lea follows him with the eyes when he disappears, so I'd wish he'd get a redemption ending. My biggest fear is that Nomura wants him to die to make way for RAX because Isa doesn't like Roxas / Xion, but well, you can have different groups of friends.

Also Demyx, if he is a Nort.

I wouldn't wish for redemption for Vanitas. I know he has a tragic backstory in the non-canon novels, but acts like a major dickhead in BBS and in the KH3 trailers so far. His only desires revolve around the x-blade (extrinsic, we don't know how much Xehanort forces him to do this and how much he's okay with this by himself) and destroying Ventus who has never actively done anything bad to him pre-BBS and doesn't know anything about Vanitas' hurt, so I don't really think he should suddenly turn over a new leaf. I'd be okay if he reunited with Ventus or something like that, but I wouldn't need him to be his own person because there's nothing to him but revenge.

D

Deleted member 246005

Demyx might be the easiest of the remaining organization to redeem so maybe him. He felt like someone who was forcing himself to be bad rather than someone inherently bad or a true believer in the organization.

Young Xehanort would be kinda fun to see but you can't really rush it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Probably Pete, since he's a terrible villain and luckily too incompetent to have yet achieved any irredeemable feats of evil.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
My first thought is Isa/Saix, because seriously, we don't know what even happened with the dude, yet he was the chill best friend of fiery Lea back in BBS. Gotta admit I assume that he was a "good" character back then, or at least a neutral one, so the idea of redemption in the sense of "become good again" works on him. I do want to see him reunited with Lea, also because KH should accept that friends can me more than just a group of strictly 3 people at this point.

As crazy as this may sound, I'd like to see some kind of redemption regarding Young Xehanort, simply because it would be immensely interesting to see if all the pain and trouble caused by his older self can be stopped or hindered by going back to the roots of it all

By no means I see an actual "become good"-kind of redeptiom working on Vanitas just with a snap of Nomura's fingers, but I'd like to see the dude acting independently at least once in his life, that's enough of a "redemption" I'd like for him. He can become KH's version of a rogue keyblade-wielding Katsuki Bakugo if nothing else. It would certainly play against Xehanort's "dead-end" words about Vanitas - that he is "an abomination beyond hope of salvation" and that would be interesting to see

The other former Organization dudes don't seem to be completely evil either, I could see redemption working for Demyx or Ienzo (I have no idea what Ienzo is doing there anymore tbh), but my curiosity is directed specifically on the three I mentioned before, Saix/Isa, Young Xehanort, Vanitas, but assuming "redemption" can be written in a lot of different ways in KH3, if it will be one of the (at least somewhat nearly) central ideas

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Absolutely none of them. Not every villain needs to be redeemed and fight for good. That's an incredibly cliche and boring trope at this point. Axel used to be a fun villain but now he's not that interesting these days. I rather have the villains like the 13 Xehanorts meet their ends in KH3 rather than have them stick around and become good which would ruin their characters IMO as they are entertaining and interesting as villains.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Honestly, how the redemption would be executed is a greater concern than who would get the redemption. At least, that's what I think.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Demyx was never that much of a malicious guy so I think he could turn good and not many people will complain. I'd be okay with an Isa redemption story if handled decently. Roxas and Xion might forgive him if he apologizes for treating them so teribly in Days

Lisaralin

Awards
Ansem the Wise's former apprentices, with the exception of Braig/Xigbar. But the others seemed good people in BBS, I've always wanted to know more about how and why they chose to turn against their master. Were they manipulated by Xehanort and Braig? Do they regret their actions? One of my impossible dreams as a Kingdom Hearts fan has always been to see the fall of Radiant Garden on screen, but it looks like it's the only period of time that Nomura has chosen to ignore completely.

Any

Awards
Edit: Let me edit my whole statement.

NONE because they were nothing but pricks but if I had to pick, Vanitas and Isa because I have a soft spot for them though their abusive behavior shouldn’t be excused at all.

Edit:

It’s kinda funny that people bash Vanitas, a child, for his shitty behavior and dismiss his redemption arc but go easy on Isa, a grown man, for his shitty behavior. Both are wrong regardless but I’m just observing here. Saying Vanitas shouldn’t be his own person because he’s evil is f*cked up to say and so the main observing component in what chooses who lives and who doesn't is their ethical compass/how we see them? My point is that saying he shouldn't live to be his own person just because he's evil is shoddy and I like to note that I was more happy to find out that he was resurrected instead of being brought back through time travel, he got a second chance to live and Vanitas returning back to Ventus would ruined KH theme about “being your own person” and it wouldn’t make sense for his resurrection either. Also Ventus has no qualms for Vanitas at all, he doesn’t want his darker half back but I am expecting a “resolution” between them. At the same thing, I don’t want Vanitas and Ventus to have a relationship because it’s so toxic regardless being connected to each other and they should seek their own paths.

Besides Saix/ Isa (actually we don’t know if he was brainwashed) The only person I see being brainswashed and molded by Xehanort is Vanitas. Unlike the rest of the villains, Vanitas was an empty creature at birth (whether he had Ven’s memories or not) stated by Xehanort and he was raised and trained to do evil things by an evil man who also wants to destroy the universe. His life was focused around a purpose and only one purpose: one given to him by his creator and that purpose was to create the X-blade. Vanitas didn’t have a choice at all but overall, he still have his own will and he made his own decisions. (His actions are definitely not excusable btw)

The reason why I am sorta soft with Vanitas because his first life was dominated by Xehanort. He never truly had the opportunity to pick, all alone terms regardless of whether he needed to be a piece of this. He had somebody boundlessly more older and more powerful than him, his creator, his master, breathing down his neck and controlling his life from the minute he were conceived and all of our other characters have had some form of happiness while Vanitas was stripped away from his lighter half, he doesn't have friends or anybody but Master Xehanort. I am additionally sorta soft with Vanitas that because due to his unstable creation, he's not by any means fit for feeling positive emotions and it must suck to just have and just to feel negative emotions. Having your feelings spill out from your body for the rest of your life must suck. I liked Zip’s (or what is it Alpha?) idea with Vanitas’ heart being balanced with light and darkness which would eliminate the unversed existence and Vanitas would learn etc etc etc

The gag is....I like Isa and Vanitas as villains so I’m conflicted

Edit: Okay. So didn’t Nomura confirmed that Luxord, Saix, Xigbar, Larxene, and Marluxia were turn back into nobodies? If we destroyed them, wouldn’t they turn back into humans? Lol

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think Nomura already selected the Organization XIII members that deserve redemption by making them complete beings: Zexion, Lexeaus and Axel. If any other character was to have a redemption arc from the former Organization XIII group, then surely they should have been somebodies working with Sora?

Lisaralin

Awards
I think Nomura already selected the Organization XIII members that deserve redemption by making them complete beings: Zexion, Lexeaus and Axel. If any other character was to have a redemption arc from the former Organization XIII group, then surely they should have been somebodies working with Sora?
I mostly agree with you. But the case of Xaldin and Vexen looks suspicious to me. First we saw them among those who were recompleted. Braig and Young Xehanort were in Radiant Garden with them, and yet they chose to take Isa and only Isa with them. Then Aeleus told Lea that the two were "conscious, but still unstable". The choice of the word "conscious" seems to imply that they were not Xehanort's vessels, not at the beginning anyway. Lexaeus would have noticed the yellow eyes, I presume. Now Xaldin's fate is unclear, and we have seen Vexen with yellow eyes. But I can't help but wonder: if they wanted Vexen, why didn't they take him alongside Isa? Maybe it's not that important, but I have a feeling there is some reason for it. I honestly hope they can be both redeemed: as I said, they didn't seem evil in BBS, so if Zexion and Lexaeus are getting a chance, I don't see why they cannot.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Isa for sure, especially after seeing that brief clip in the most recent KH3 trailer of Isa and Lea on the clock tower. They were good friends in their youth, and it would be nice for them to reconcile.

mytomxxx

Isa, because we see him as a kid, and he was so adorable in his way.

I have a question about him, in Days I didn't understand if he and Axel wanted to betray Xemnas for some reason, or wanted to get his trust to be completed again.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Eraqus, haha. I honestly feel like he has the most to answer for, after acting so self-righteous and claiming to defend the light, his myopia and dogmatic pursuit of purity of the heart basically set in motion everything bad that has happened since. He completely failed his students and even tried to kill one of them when things weren't going his way. He definitely shouldn't be let off the hook just because.

Other than that, eh, I could for Isa. I feel like everybody else on Team Xehanort is either a version of Xehanort or has straightforward reasons for joining up that have to do with their own lust for power and/or knowledge, but with Isa it's unclear how he's been ensnared and how far his loyalty to the cause extends. And most of the other characters, like Even and Larxene, are just way more fun as villains anyway.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Isa, because we see him as a kid, and he was so adorable in his way.

I have a question about him, in Days I didn't understand if he and Axel wanted to betray Xemnas for some reason, or wanted to get his trust to be completed again.

I believe Axel and Saix were plotting to overthrow Xemnas at one point. But that plan went away as those two drifted apart and Saix got promoted to second in command.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't think Larxene will get a redemption because she just thoroughly enjoys being awful. Which is why I love her so much. But then again we've never really encountered her with a heart, so maybe she'd actually be a lot nicer (like Ienzo is).

Demyx is my vote for a villain redemption. He deserves to become a somebody again, play his sitar, and veg out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back