• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which villain would you want to get redemption?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mytomxxx

Eraqus, haha. I honestly feel like he has the most to answer for, after acting so self-righteous and claiming to defend the light, his myopia and dogmatic pursuit of purity of the heart basically set in motion everything bad that has happened since. He completely failed his students and even tried to kill one of them when things weren't going his way. He definitely shouldn't be let off the hook just because.

Never saw Eraqus as a villain, but now that you said it, it makes total sense to me, that he needs to be redemed because in someway he worked like a bad guy. But i'm not so sure if I want that he keeps alive, maybe it is better if he is dead and that is it.

Other than that, eh, I could for Isa. I feel like everybody else on Team Xehanort is either a version of Xehanort or has straightforward reasons for joining up that have to do with their own lust for power and/or knowledge, but with Isa it's unclear how he's been ensnared and how far his loyalty to the cause extends. And most of the other characters, like Even and Larxene, are just way more fun as villains anyway.

Other than Isa and Demyx (Data riku/ Repliku ofc), all the SoD's really fit so well as villains, that I really don't want to see them being good. Not that Isa and Demyx isn't good as villains, but feel like they are not supposed to be this, that his is not their true self, almost same with Data Riku and Repliku.

Xigbar I wish he still a SoD, just that I can fight him again at KH3. Because man, what a fight.

I believe Axel and Saix were plotting to overthrow Xemnas at one point. But that plan went away as those two drifted apart and Saix got promoted to second in command.

Yeah I knew that this is what happened, and the reason why they wanted that was never said, isn't?

I don't think Larxene will get a redemption because she just thoroughly enjoys being awful. Which is why I love her so much. But then again we've never really encountered her with a heart, so maybe she'd actually be a lot nicer (like Ienzo is).

Demyx is my vote for a villain redemption. He deserves to become a somebody again, play his sitar, and veg out.

REally? I remember Ienzo being kinda "good" at CoM, I mean, I don't remember him being disgusting with anyone. He only didn't have feelings and thats all.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm fine with most of them possibly getting redeemed in some way or another, except for Xehanort, Braig/Xigbar, and Vanitas.

Isa is the only one I'm really hoping gets a redemption though.

EDIT: Forgot something. The trailer with the Isa reveal that came out recently made me think Isa surviving to the end is less likely. The only thing we see is a shot of the back of Isa's head and Lea looking at him, both of them on the clocktower. I can't think of what else that scene would be--at that place--except an echo to the scene of Roxas and Axel on the clocktower after Sora defeats Roxas in KH2FM, as an acknowledgment of the fact that they were once friends like Lea is with Roxas / Xion in the present with the two saying goodbye before Isa disappears. I mean, I find it difficult to believe the shot would be of an ending where RAX and Isa are there together (Isa would more likely be in RG), and it seems like a cramped space for a villain speech from Saix while he's in Darkness mode that would likely turn violent.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
REally? I remember Ienzo being kinda "good" at CoM, I mean, I don't remember him being disgusting with anyone. He only didn't have feelings and thats all.

He had his honorable moments, like when he was sad about members of the Organization striking each other down. And you could say that he only manipulated Riku because he was protecting himself from Marluxia's pawn (Sora) -- but he was still pretty awful to Riku at the end of the day. But now from the recent trailers he comes across as a total soft boy. So I'm excited for the redemption.

KH fan 1989

Awards
Hopefully not Maleficent. It's bad enough that they did it in the Live action movie.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Vanitas is such a huge jerkass that I just can't see him as being bust buds with Ventus and the others. I don't want to say he is completely irredeemable but it would feel too jarring.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I could see Isa pulling a Redemption Equals Death. Otherwise I’d like to see Demyx and Luxord be saved. They’re just too likable, and I felt so bad seeing Luxord as a vessel after he lamented that he was a low ranking member and got his wish for a promotion the hard way.

I do feel bad for Marluxia and Larxene, as I suspect their Norting came about partially to punish them for their attempted betrayal. Maybe they pull a Redemption Equals Death as their original selves take over long enough to help stymie Xehanort or something. Vexen is also too pathetic to hate, even if he was pretty nasty as an Organization member. He dies a horrible death only to get Norted. Geez.

I also echo similar sentiments about Pete. Despite the fact he gets more heinous with each game, he’s just too lovable and funny, and I hope he leaves Maleficent for good and becomes a mischievous Token Evil Teammate to the Disney crew. He’s still quite the asset, after all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It isn’t so much “redemption”, but I want Young Xehanort to pull a fast one over his older self and just be the final villain lol

But on topic, Isa and Vanitas seem to me to be the most likely candidates for “redemption”. Vanitas was a villain born of circumstance. If we are to believe the novels, he has Ven’s old memories so he feels like he IS the real Ven and Ventus is the one in the way. Obviously we’ve seen that Vanitas seems to acknowledge Ven as an individual despite the fact he also still sees him as trash. I think that could change by Sora or Ven accepting him and validating him.

Isa is a good candidate because he had a good friendship with Lea before. I don't think he is going to survive the war, but I do think that there will be some moment where he sacrifices himself for Lea or one of his friends.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would Ven even accept Vanitas as a brother after all the bad things he did to himself and his friends? He tried to kill Aqua and based on the recent trailer will attempt to do so again.

That's quite a lot to forgive.

shady543

Awards
To be honest I can see all of them except for like maybe Luxord an Vexen betraying the SOD in some way. Mainly because they seem to be ether worthy candidates of redemption/wanting to have independence in life or just straight out betraying just for the lols :\

But yeah really the only one I can see betraying the SOD is Isa/Saix. I mean his character arc just screams it. If the rumors are true and there is a traitor, it's got to be him. There is also the unknown Riku, but I'd rather the game not focus a lot of attention on a Riku clone and focus on characters who really need the screentime and character development.

However Young Xehanort and Vanitas are also characters I'd like to not join the light side by no means, but more just ditch the organisation and join neither side. I'd like them to show independence instead of just following orders and to seek their own purpose in life or just go anti-hero. Judging from the trailers though it's starting to get less likely, but as long as they don't just remain generic villain who follows orders until the end and die and never come back, I'm fine. Although I care more about Vanitas with this one than YX, and at this point he is really the only other character who isn't Saix I feel has the most chance at this considering he has a link to a main character.

mytomxxx

To vanitas redeem, he needs to "create" his on light, because he is pure darkness. That said I think it is a great opportunity to deep nomuras discussion about the light within the darkness, why it is there and how it appears there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Would Ven even accept Vanitas as a brother after all the bad things he did to himself and his friends? He tried to kill Aqua and based on the recent trailer will attempt to do so again.

That's quite a lot to forgive.

Vanitas was still a part of Ven. It isn’t just forgiving Vanitas as an individual but also about accepting a side of himself that always existed.

Squall Strife

Redemption...maybe Pete as most likely as he's not really a bad guy just someone who's fallen into the wrong crowd over a silly trophy.

Maleficent-no

Xehanort, nope, obvious.
Ansem sod-no, obvious.
Xemnas- while it's a sad tale of no heart, I'm going with no.
Marluxia- No overall bad guy
Larxene-No overall bad girl
Vanitas-no just pure darkness
YX- this one was kinda uncertain as he did have questions in DDDabout his purpose but ultimately he choose what he wanted to do & that was to follow Xehanort so no.
Xigbar/Braig- he wasn't really all that good of a person when he wasn't a nort so no.
Vexen/Even-no
Saix/Isa- at the start of BBS he was an dude but somewhere down the line he changed. If Lea wants to try to convince Isa to switch over & he accepts I guess he could be redeemed but so far his demeanour just screams bad so no at this time.
Data Riku-nah
Demxys-uncertain. Don't know his story yet but if he's willing to be part of the seekers then his intentions aren't all that great.
Aqua- Yes she deserves to be redeemed but it sound like she may be too deep into the darkness to be saved.
Terranort- Yeah the dudes body has been hijacked for years.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'd say that Marluxia, Larxene, and Saix deserve it for sure and Vanitas would be a total curve ball but doable because if Vanitas breaks free and becomes his own person he'd make a decent antihero on his own. and I believe Marluxia, Larxene, and even possibly Vexen could turn against Xehanort as Antiheroes as well because of how Marluxia and Larxene were trying to overthrow the organization in CoM so they could be the next antagonists of the after 3 concludes and then Saik/Isa could redeem himself because of his affinity with the moon, so you could say that Lea is the sun and Isa is the moon, when the time is right, the moon reflects light from the sun and I think that time will come in KH3 and Isa will see a full redemption of himself because of lea's light

Ochoko

Uh, probably Isa if anyone out of the original Organization. Also seems the most likely given Lea’s seemingly major role in the game; I’m sure redeeming Isa may be a goal of his at some point in the storyline.

Tempo

Awards
I kind of want to see Marly and Larxene still be the Bad Bitches that they are after this Saga ends and tbh I think they could easily carry a game or two as the main antagonists. The way the two play off of each other and the heroes was something I really enjoyed in CoM so.

I agree but I'm also 99% certain that they've literally never exchanged a single line of dialogue between each other. they appear in scenes together but they're always talking to other characters, never each other. Interesting thought, huh

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I mostly agree with you. But the case of Xaldin and Vexen looks suspicious to me. First we saw them among those who were recompleted. Braig and Young Xehanort were in Radiant Garden with them, and yet they chose to take Isa and only Isa with them. Then Aeleus told Lea that the two were "conscious, but still unstable". The choice of the word "conscious" seems to imply that they were not Xehanort's vessels, not at the beginning anyway. Lexaeus would have noticed the yellow eyes, I presume. Now Xaldin's fate is unclear, and we have seen Vexen with yellow eyes. But I can't help but wonder: if they wanted Vexen, why didn't they take him alongside Isa? Maybe it's not that important, but I have a feeling there is some reason for it. I honestly hope they can be both redeemed: as I said, they didn't seem evil in BBS, so if Zexion and Lexaeus are getting a chance, I don't see why they cannot.

Out of all the Organization XIII members, Zexion and Lexeaus were the least malicious. Both of them were concerned about Marluxia's traitorous behaviour, but fell victim to execution upon Saix's request. Making them the good guys makes sense for the arcs of both those characters.

Lisaralin

Awards
Out of all the Organization XIII members, Zexion and Lexeaus were the least malicious. Both of them were concerned about Marluxia's traitorous behaviour, but fell victim to execution upon Saix's request. Making them the good guys makes sense for the arcs of both those characters.
I don't know about Zexion. He is very manipulative through all CoM: first he exploits Vexen (who was also concerned about Marluxia's plan), letting him do "the dirty job" for him and Lexaeus, but without assisting him in any way; then, when Vexen dies, he deplores "Organization members striking each other down". In the end he tries to eliminate Riku exploiting his sense of guilt for what happened in the first game in a way that looks VERY malicious to me. To be honest I find him more malicious than Vexen (who was the only one actively trying to do something against Marluxia), only he hides it better, and he's young and good looking. I bet people would hate him much more if he had Vexen's face.

Wallflower3582

Not that I'm confident in his switching sides, but the reason I feel Vanitas could be an interesting candidate to ditch the villainy is that based on the BBS novel, he's pretty conflicted on the inside. I'm not thinking that if he were redeemed he would become a totally passive guy who eats ice cream on the clock tower with his friends and goes skipping around hand-in-hand with Sora and Ventus or anything... Someone earlier in this thread mentioned he could be like the Katsuki Bakugo of the KH fandom, which is literally the most perfect description of what I would expect imo. (If you aren't familiar with My Hero Academia just imagine a character who's technically a good guy but is usually a huge jerk to everyone). It would be more fascinating I think to see him come to terms with his origin and realize that it was really Master Xehanort who was responsible for all of his pain, and maybe even choosing to turn on his old Master for that. Revenge and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back