• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which versions of the tracks did they use?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TepidShark

Awards
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems inconsistent between which version was used for tracks that got redone for the HD collections. Destiny Islands & Lazy Afternoons for example sound like the reorchestrated versions from 1.5 & 2.5, whereas tracks like Tension Rising & Vector to the Heavens sound like the original synthesized versions. And I can't tell which version Lord of the Castle is. Am I hearing these right? Is it inconsistent or they using one or the other?

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
From what I heard, they all are from the original unorchestrated versions.
I find this odd, but maybe orchestral tracks are harder to encode for rythm games as they are less precise. I don't know. Consistency is becoming harder and harder to keep for the devs. 🤣

TepidShark

Awards
They said they went with the original versions because they were nostalgic. They are also likely easier to time because midi music has a more obvious time structure.

I wonder if Midis being easier to time is the reason there isn't a lot of III & Orchestra in the game. The game is fun but the lack of a lot of those two is disappointing.

Back