• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which should we play first, 0.2 or KHX Back Cover?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

appleboy82791

Awards
I wanted to start a discussion about the order we should play 2.8 in when it comes out in January. Obviously for most of us, we've already played KH3D and Nomura has said that there won't be new content in KH3DHD. So I think I speak for most of us when I say KH3D is the lowest priority in 2.8.

Of course, all three titles lead into KH3. So their stories must be somewhat connected. I would think that each of the 3 titles would spoil the other two to a certain extent. So really what I'm wondering is if 0.2 might spoil some of KHX Back Cover or vice versa. And yes, it's possible that they've been designed to be different enough to not spoil the other. But this is a consideration. I find myself struggling to decide which should be played first when the time comes.

Muke

whatever
Awards
DDD -> 0.2 -> BackCover.

That's also probably also how it'll go from left to right, just like it's KH2 -> BBS -> Coded

Wottles

I assume 0.2 is the one you play last specifically for KH3 since it's stated to be the one that directly leads into that game.

I figure back cover depends on what comes after KH3

Muke

whatever
Awards
I assume 0.2 is the one you play last specifically for KH3 since it's stated to be the one that directly leads into that game.

This is impossible imo, it's always been "bigger games first", "smaller games second", "cinematics last" and I don't see 'em change this pattern tbh

appleboy82791

Awards

I was actually thinking the same thing.

Yes, I understand that when it comes to the main menu setup 0.2 is probably going to come before Back Cover. That's not what the discussion topic is. I meant for us to discuss which is better to play first.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I meant for us to discuss which is better to play first.
Then don't ignore my post. Again:

DDD -> 0.2 -> BackCover

DDD first = new players will catch up with the story thanks to the many flashbacks and shit.
0.2 = just seems logical because it plays directly at the point DDD ended (or somewhere around that).
BackCover last = just seems the most logical thing. You will be experienced by now with the KH-Lore and not as confused.

Like, if you go BC -> .2 -> DDD as a new player, idek

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
0.2 i going to play first becuase it new plus i want to know aqua is doing then i wil watch backcover to see what really going on and lean the truth about the traitor then finsih up 3d to learn what sora and others doing

Muke

whatever
Awards
0.2 i going to play first becuase it new plus i want to know aqua is doing then i wil watch backcover to see what really going on and lean the truth about the traitor then finsih up 3d to learn what sora and others doing
This is the way I will be playing, too, but you shouldn't advise new players to play with this order. It's just really bad for them.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This is the way I will be playing, too, but you shouldn't advise new players to play with this order. It's just really bad for them.
i know i was just takling about my way but yeah for new players should play dream drop distance first

Kounelli

Awards
I feel that since KHUX is relevant right now Back Cover might be better to watch first, that way for those that are behind in the game can catch up with that before taking on 0.2.

As for me, I think that's what I will do then I will play 3D next since I haven't played it since it first came out (that was like, 4 years ago right?) Definitely going to refresh my memory.

My sister hates me though she wants to get into the new stuff now but I'm going to be the bad sister and make her wait.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm definitely watching Back Cover first. It's the one I'm most interested in, and it's the shortest one so why not.

sephydark

Awards
I expect the order won't matter too much, since they don't seem like they're going to overlap or follow on from each other, plus they're being released at the same time. That said, if one's going to reference the other, it's likely to be 0.2 referencing X, with the idea that people have already played the browser/phone game, so for someone who hasn't Back Cover is probably going to be the safest bet.

Infamita

Definitely gonna play DDD last. I'll watch Back Cover first so I can get a stronger grasp of the lore, then I'll play 0.2 and look for references to Back Cover there. Even though I'll really be looking forward to playing 0.2, I reckon I can wait an hour or two, just so I can get Back Cover out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back