• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Plot Twists did you Guess?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Obviously this topic is spoiler city!

I'm curious which major plot twists from the series players managed to guess ahead of time! "Ahead of time" is going to be subjective, so stick to your best judgment. I'm going to make a checklist of sorts, including all the possibilities I feel were major and that someone could reasonably guess without jumping to conclusions. If I've forgotten anything major, fill me in!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

My score: KH2 (#1-5), coded (#3), KHX (half of #2). It seems I'm not very good at this! But maybe that's for the best?

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I don't remember anything I guessed after so long but two that I remember being guessed by fandom waaaaaayyyyy in advance was Terra>Xehanort & Ven>Roxas.
Of course, back then, it was assumed they would literally be those people instead of individuals like Dream Drop Distance presented them.

I still wish the "evil Terra" turned out true.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I think since I was 11 when KH came out and 15 when KH2 came out, I had yet to develop the skill set to identify hints and possible plot twists, so basically, everything came off as a total shocker for me!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I didn't begin theorizing much until after KH2 but I remember predicting that Pirates of the Caribbean would be included, that may not be much of a twist but it was surprising.

In Days I figured Xion was the manifestation of Sora's missing memories of Kairi, I just wasn't sure the specifics.

I predicted a lot of Birth by Sleep quite some time before it came out =(. The obvious, I figured that Terra would become possessed by Xehanort, Ven's heart was resting in Sora and that Aqua was trapped in the dark realm. I also guessed that Ventus and Vanitas were antipodal of each other and that Vanitas would look like Sora.

For 3D I figured Riku would pass, Xehanort was time traveling (even though I hated the idea) and that he had his sights set on Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's hard to remember what I guessed when I was younger, but I definitely guessed that Xion would be Sora's replica. It was a joke I made sometime around the activity of Audo's old "Everything We Know About the Dark Blue, Almost Black Haired Girl That Is In The Organization But May Or May Not Be a Nobody" thread and I didn't think I'd be right but I was rofl

BBS was fairly easy to guess over. Was able to guess the majority of it.

I figured Riku would pass and Sora would fail (but I thought Sora would fail because he'd be sleeping again and that would lead into KH3)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yes, who would pass and fail is a good one, I'm going to add that to the list. I think I guessed similarly or at the very least, that Sora would fail.

Everyone seems to have been a lot better with BBS than me. I don't think I guessed anything right about that: I was also in the "evil Terra" camp, I had no idea how Ven related to Roxas (my best guess was that he and Sora were somehow biologically related, like brothers with a big age gap?).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
My situation was somewhat similar to DoctahFaz (we're the same age, so that kind of helps). That being said, I was able to at least figure out that the Kingdom Key was originally meant for Riku and that the brown robed guy would come back in some form (in this case, as Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless). From II, I was able to guess that Diz was actually Ansem the Wise (granted, the cutscene with Ansem speaking kinda gave it away; you can hide that face, but you could never hide Christopher Lee's voice). From Birth by Sleep, I was able to figure out from Ven's and Vanitas' connection that the latter would look like Sora since the former looked like Roxas. Finally, for 3D, I was able to figure out that Young Master Xehanort was the Mysterious Figure from Birth by Sleep (and this was before the one announcement confirming it; that one, I assumed it would be the case thanks to past experience with Xemnas as the Unknown in I) and that Riku would pass while Sora would not.

Also, not entirely sure if this counts, but I was able to deduce in Reverse/Rebirth that the Riku that we were playing was the real Riku and not the replica that we fought in Sora's campaign.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww, this is such a fun idea! I'm glad that you made a thread about this, Blackdrazon! Thanks a bunch!:D

Personally, this is my favorite aspect of the KH series (though I can see why it would be a draw back for some people); I just love speculating, and not being able to guess most things about it, like I would be able to for other series, so...

It's going to be a lot of fun to relive some of the aspects that I got right here on these pages. LOL. I'll have to come back and edit which ones I did, though; I don't have time to now, sadly.

But anyway, here are a few things that I think should be added to the list, perhaps:)
1. If you deduced that Naminé replaced Kairi with herself in Sora's memories of her (which I totally did guess:))
2. The yo-yo effect between Roxas and Xion and what all the Organization was planning with it.
3. That Xion--aside from being Sora's Replica--is also "Kairi as Sora remembers her".
4. That Sora defeating the Heartless with the Keyblade in KHII was helping Organization XIII.
5. That Terra really wasn't doing anything wrong (since I played the game in the AVT order, I legitimately believed that Ven and Aqua's suspicions about him were true, and that he'd done some truly awful things; hence my surprise, when I finally played Terra's story and saw he really hadn't done anything. Much less bad than Riku had in KH1, definitely, and that mostly he'd just been tricked, and that he hadn't stolen Aurora's heart at all. To be honest, I think it's better to play the game in this order, otherwise the other stories spoil things for you, but with this way... not so much).
6. That Nobodies are able to grow hearts, and that some did.
7. And the whole thing about Kairi's Grandmother's story: that it was always about the Keyblade War, that Keyblades were made for a bad purpose at first (to copy the X-Blade and to steal the Light from within Kingdom Hearts for themselves with it), and that the new Kingdom Hearts (or the broken shards from the original X-Blade: I'm not sure which) are the Princesses of Heart.

Anagram

Banned
I was also in the "evil Terra" camp

Kinda feels like a wasted opportunity doesn't it? Xehanort does something>Terra gets tricked into darkness>Likes it>sinks further>eventually turns on him>Xehanort dies>Terra loses memories>KH2 "Xehanort" is born.
I'll always love the idea/potential behind that old theory.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks, LightUpTheSky! I used most of your entries (you got me an extra two points with #3 and 6!), though I'm iffy on one part of #7: I'm not sure there was any way to guess things like "the shards of the X-blade are in the Princesses of Heart" until Xehanort outright says "The X-blade broke into shards and are now in the Princesses of Heart"? The rest I used.

I like 5, especially. Thinking about BBS from other play-orders is really interesting because they set up a few surprises no matter which way you played. Sadly they also spoiled some angles, but what they did accomplish is impressive!

I agree that playing Terra first just scuttles so much. I haven't decided if I like AVT or VAT better, though. I think AVT might be best, but I really don't like having to play the ends of the Disney stories first.

Kinda feels like a wasted opportunity doesn't it? Xehanort does something>Terra gets tricked into darkness>Likes it>sinks further>eventually turns on him>Xehanort dies>Terra loses memories>KH2 "Xehanort" is born.
I'll always love the idea/potential behind that old theory.

Part of me does like a lot of BBS' surprise inversions. SE knew we were going in knowing how it would end, so they tried to mix up how we got there. But there's something... wobbly about the way they handled Terra's, I don't know, maybe I'll put my finger on it when I replay it on 2.5.

Also, not entirely sure if this counts, but I was able to deduce in Reverse/Rebirth that the Riku that we were playing was the real Riku and not the replica that we fought in Sora's campaign.

I like this one because I briefly wondered it myself, but I'm not sure if this is something they really set up as a red herring. I think we might just be equally suspicious. :confused:

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Part of me does like a lot of BBS' surprise inversions. SE knew we were going in knowing how it would end, so they tried to mix up how we got there. But there's something... wobbly about the way they handled Terra's, I don't know, maybe I'll put my finger on it when I replay it on 2.5.

I know what ya mean. They were a bit limited but somehow Terra feels....off.....the way they chose to do it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
the activity of Audo's old "Everything We Know About the Dark Blue, Almost Black Haired Girl That Is In The Organization But May Or May Not Be a Nobody" thread
:3

I think most of the people around here had Birth By Sleep more or less figured out before it released. The community post-KH2 and pre-handheldtrio was really alive back then, countless theories going on. Terra's was obviously the most clear one. Most of Ventus' had been figured out (where the so-kh-y acronym "BWHoPL (beings with hearts of pure light)" came from) with just some minor details and specifics being left to the game. I think the general belief was that Aqua either died at the end, or was lost in the Realm of Darkness. Vanitas' appearance was figured out as soon as they showed that trailer with his helmet starting to disappear.

Yeah, a lot of BBS was figured out by the community back then. Good times.

As for Days, I remember being one of the first people to suggest that Xion wasn't a Nobody and that's why she didn't "count" as a real member and why it was still Organization XIII. Though at the time I didn't consider her being a replica, I thought she was probably a complete being. Roxas having Ven's heart was definitely one of the things most people figured out before the game came. Xion looking like Sora/that whole thing was figured out pre-release due to a trailer that included a scene from the ending (so many of the mysteries are spoiled by the trailers it seems, haha).

As for that, it's hard for me to remember if I guessed other parts of the games. So often you get so much information from the scans and trailers, and then when the Japanese release happens and stuff starts to leak out it can be hard to remember what you thought first and what was just already spoiled for you in some way. At least for me anyway.

I did guess that Sora and Riku would hug at the end of KH3D, haha. But I think that was just wishful thinking at the time. :p

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Terra being xehanort, ven being in CO, sora failing the MoM, xion dying/not being a true member of org XIII.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I agree that playing Terra first just scuttles so much. I haven't decided if I like AVT or VAT better, though. I think AVT might be best, but I really don't like having to play the ends of the Disney stories first.

I think VTA is the best way to go. That's the order I've done my two playthroughs on. Not doing Aqua last just doesn't make much sense.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
TVA is how Nomura recommended it, as that was the order in which the stories were written, but it definitely takes a lot of the mystery out of it and lays things out a lot simpler.

136199Goat

You'd be amazed how insightful Youtube comments can be. I saw one back in 2008 that guessed Terra would become Xehanort and in 2011, I saw a comment guessing that the Mysterious Figure was Young Xehanort

0701Noctis

I remember after playing Kingdom Hearts when it first came out in 2002 (I was 10), I predicted that:

-there was another heart inside Sora and that it was a heart belonging to another keyblade wielder.

-the brown robe figure was a time traveler and that he was time traveling to meet up with his past selves just in case something went wrong
-the brown robe figure wielded a keyblade in the past

Yeah, I'm surprised how my 10 year self predicted stuff that would happen a decade later. The time travel was a joke theory due to how absurd it sounded. I still couldn't believe that came true.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
One of the plot twist everyone guesses I believe was Terra becoming the Xehanort we saw in a flashback of Kingdom Hearts 2, the whole comparison between Terra's picture and that Xehanort before BBS even comes out, the whole speculation about it was growing until it finally came true when we saw the ending of Terra's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back