• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

which part of the keyblade is used to attack?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Most of the attacks are done with the blunt edge of the Keyblade. I rarely see any swipes done with the teeth part. Zantetsuken finisher is one of the rare moves, which is performed with the teeth side.

EDIT: This picture has the Zantetsuken finisher:
28tdk78.jpg

You can clearly see Sora is using the tooth part. Even the animation you witness how he turns the blade, the teeth part facing the enemy, and then slashes trough.

Last edited:

DoctahFaz

Awards
Mind blown lol This was a great question and observation since I always thought the teeth side was the side facing the enemy! Sometimes, you don't even pay attention to such little things because you figure that you're right.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
When they go for the finishing blow I believe they use the teeth (Sora killing Luxord and I think Sora did it to Roxas as well) but normally they are too cool to use it and use the blunt side (like Sora against Xemy.)

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I never paid enough attention to see which way the keybkade is pointing. But when I think of them using the teeth, I think of Sora slicing Luxard too. I think they use the teeth end most of the time. And in their battle stances, the teeth are always pointing down. So that has to be the side that hits the enemies.

minttea

Ventus's keyblade's teeth actually used to be on the outer edge of his keyblade (and were used as the 'attacking' part) as seen in the Birth by Sleep secret movie for KHIIFM, but that was changed by the time he became playable.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ventus's keyblade's teeth actually used to be on the outer edge of his keyblade (and were used as the 'attacking' part) as seen in the Birth by Sleep secret movie for KHIIFM, but that was changed by the time he became playable.

Yup, that's true! I noticed that while searching for reference for my fanarts and then saw I drew Wayward Wind all wrong, even if it was according to the concept art..
20130402032753!VenConcept_art_1.jpg
VentusRender-1-1.jpg

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I think you should hit with the teeth

I personally believe that would be impractical. The Keyblade is basically a sword designed more for hitting (the way a baseball bat hits), rather than cutting or slashing, or hmm... the teeth would "sting" or "jab" stuff, something like that, if it were used for hitting. The teeth side covers too little surface for it to be used like a baseball bat/deal hard enough hits. The teeth could get stuck in stuff xD The teeth side is also usually too thin, could slip to the side/away from an exact target area, which in turn could make you flinch...
At least that's what I think ^^;
The teeth are used for Zantetsuken, as it is a single, very fast slash. I can't think of any other move than uses the teeth... not even finishers..

Anagram

Banned
I think you should hit with the teeth

I don't think it really matters which end they use. The keyblade is a magical shapeshifting weapon and all. If you notice there are times when Sora grabs the blunt end with no issue while other times he's slicing buildings in half with it. Or times when Sora uses the blunt end to literally whack someone and others when he's slicing.

The keyblade kinda just seems to do what it's owner wants it to. Blunt force, slicing, shape-shifting, etc. (hell Sora even uses it as a magical wand/gun in wisdom form)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It's the magic particle effects, man. They're what do the real damage.. I've always figured it'd hurt differently from Keyblade to Keyblade. I'd rather get whacked by Jungle King than Metal Chocobo (the OG best keyblade, it's literally a giant metal keyblade)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the hitty part that makes you go ouch

both of them depending on who is wielding

Xelon99

Awards
But what about keyblades like Fenrir or Ultima? Those are more or less symmetrical and sharp on both sides.

Badger

I think a keyblade master would know different fighting techniques that utilized all parts of the weapon.

RikuOathkeeper

In the Castle That Never Was in 3D, you can clearly see Riku flip his Keyblade and strike at Ansem SoD with the teeth side to get himself free. I feel like it depends on the attack, or maybe even preferences of the wielder.

Noel

Awards
Gonna add two cents here if it hasn't been said.

The Keyblade is a blunt weapon, at most times due to some variants having an actual sharp edge. Blunt weapons are able to be use anyway they want due to no required part to be used as the strike. However some swords in real life have a blunt edge as well, and they still gnarly hurt too. I'd say it's personal preference for the Key wielder and what they need to use it for. The sharp side that it might have for slicing, or the blunt side for pummeling.

Don't get me started on the magic side where it has the power to be sharp everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back