• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which other company besides Disney could work with the KH formula?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Swing

Awards
Has anyone of you asked the question, if another company and their properties could work with KH besides Disney? Warner Bros. would come to my mind since they would have been the second-biggest western company at the time. Instead of Donald and Goofy Sora would probably have Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as his main companions or Porky Pig if Bugs will take the same role as Mickey.

The worlds Sora would also most likely travel to these Warner Bros. themed worlds:

- Looney Tunes (partners: Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck)
- Tiny Toon Adventures (partners: Buster Bunny and Babs Bunny)
- Animaniacs (Yakko, Wakko, and Dot)
- Batman (partner: Batman... duh!)
- Scooby-Doo (partners: Scooby and Shaggy)
- Flintstones (partners: Fred and Barney)
- Tom & Jerry (partner: Jerry)
- Wacky Races (partners. Dick Dastardly and Muttley)
- Thundercats: (partner: Lion-O)

As for possible summons, I could see characters like the Goodfaethers from Animaniacs been summoned and Pesto beating up all the Heartless after he screams his famous line: "DAT'S IT!".

What do you folks think? Is there any other company out there that could also work well with the KH formula as much as Disney did?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Warner Brothers seem to be the a good second choice as you mentioned. In terms of allies Freakazoid would have been a great choice for comedy and abilities.

Though if they went that route I think the tone might have been much lighter then it was with Disney

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I've never been a big fan of Warner Bros. animated media. Other than Disney, the most fitting company I can think of would be DreamWorks (part of Universal, if I'm not mistaken). Many of their animated films would fit KH pretty well. The Road to El Dorado, The prince of Egypt, Shrek, Ice age, How to train your dragon, Epic, Trolls, The Croods, Kung Fu Panda, Rise of the Guardians...
Maybe there are not as many DW movies as Disney's, and some are very quite bad (same with Disney) but at least there's enough variety of settings and themes and Nomura is clearly not against reusing the same worlds over and over again.

I'd say Ghibli as well but I don't know if that would work at all.

Anyway I'm glad it's Disney, there's no better choice.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If we are talking Dreamworks the Tales of Arcadia trilogy on Netflix would have definitely fit in KH. In evolves Trolls, Aliens, and wizards. Maybe that could have been the hub world if they went the DW route with Jim, Aja, and Kel going with Sora to worlds, lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Dreamworks is probably the only other big company for a alternate KH, but like said above, Disney was the ultimate best choice due to all the properties and iconic films both classic and modern they can use. Warner Bros could have worked but it would have been on a smaller scale then what KH is now.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I’m not so sold on Warner Brothers either, but for a more mundane reason: lack of animated human princesses.

DreamWorks on the other hand…well they have Astrid and…Astrid…and…yeah, actually Astrid is the only DreamWorks human who can be counted as a human princess on principle of having the son of the chieftain as a boyfriend/hubby.

Edit: Oh, and Fiona, but does she even count as human?

disney233

Awards
POWER MOVE, NEITHER DREAMWORKS OR WARNER BROTHERS.
No, 100% the BEST company that could pull off the KH formula is Nintendo.

The video game world brings endless opportunities of villains, characters, and worlds, hell even Final Fantasy wouldn't have to change much. Sora allying with Nintendo's flagship characters like Luigi, Link, Kirby, Pikachu & Isabelle as the chronicler, villains such as Ganondorf, Bowser, K. Rool, DDD, Mario replacing Mickey's role, & either Rosalina or Shantotto taking Yen Sid's role, And it doesn't even end there.

The video game world has so much more potential because it's endless, not even exclusive to Nintendo.

........whereas Smash is solely a fighting game utilizing the different video games, the KH formula houses many ideas for stories and bosses.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Warner Brothers could work, all of you just lack vision. Shoots sith lightning at y’all

Disney worked because a team of dedicated people made it happen. If the right people came together they could’ve totally made it happen.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Nickelodeon could work.

You can have worlds like:
Spongebob Squarepants: Bikini Bottom (Partner: Spongebob)
Fairly Odd Parents: Dimmsdale (Partner: Timmy Turner)
Rugrats: Tommy's House (Partner: Tommy Pickles)
Rocko's Modern Life: O-Town (Partner: Rocko)
Aah! Real Monsters: The City (Partners: Ickis, Oblina, and Krumm)
Avatar: 4 Nations (Partners: Aang and Katara)
Invader Zim: Earth (Partner: Zim)
ChalkZone (Partner: Rudy Tabootie)
Jimmy Neutron: Retroville (Partner: Jimmy Neutron)
My Life as a Teenage Robot: Tremorton (Partner: Jenny Wakeman)
Danny Phantom: Amity Park (Partner: Danny Phantom)
The Secret World of Alex Mack: Paradise Valley (Partner: Alex Mack) - live action world
The Journey of Allen Strange (Partner: Allen Strange) - live action world
Legends of the Hidden Temple (one of the stories used from the show will be the premise for the world, Olmec will be present) - live action world
KaBlam! (100 Acre Wood type world)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
As someone who is a fan of Disney animated films specifically (and for whom KH itself is not as special to me...): no, I personally don't think there are any other brand that would've worked the same way. Looney Tunes isn't as classic as films like Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, etc. The tone of those shorts is way too juvenile to fill a whole series by themselves. They don't have characters like Ariel, Aladdin, the Evil Queen, Maleficent, the Beast, etc. Just my opinion. I think I could almost see it with Ghibli films because, while they have a much different tone than Disney, those films are filled with magic and folklore just like most of Disney's fairy tale adaptations.* And some Dreamworks films; I honestly think something like How to Train Your Dragon or Kung Fu Panda would fit better alongside Disney than most PIXAR films would.

* Actually, the fact that Disney has always used stories everyone knows as the basis for the majority of their films gave them that "tale as old as time" feel by association. Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aladdin, Peter Pan, and so on are stories that transcend the Disney name, which elevates KH to a degree. Walking among fairy tales, myths, and legends probably has more of a mystique than most properties would have given a game like this.

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
Warner Brothers seem to be a good second choice as you mentioned. In terms of allies, Freakazoid would have been a great choice for comedy and abilities.
I see Freakazoid more as a summon.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
POWER MOVE, NEITHER DREAMWORKS OR WARNER BROTHERS.
No, 100% the BEST company that could pull off the KH formula is Nintendo.

The video game world brings endless opportunities of villains, characters, and worlds, hell even Final Fantasy wouldn't have to change much. Sora allying with Nintendo's flagship characters like Luigi, Link, Kirby, Pikachu & Isabelle as the chronicler, villains such as Ganondorf, Bowser, K. Rool, DDD, Mario replacing Mickey's role, & either Rosalina or Shantotto taking Yen Sid's role, And it doesn't even end there.

The video game world has so much more potential because it's endless, not even exclusive to Nintendo.

........whereas Smash is solely a fighting game utilizing the different video games, the KH formula houses many ideas for stories and bosses.
I would legit welcome like a 1-off gaiden game featuring Nintendo worlds. Make Grand Central Station a hub world connecting them or something.

D

Deleted member 246005

RWBY could work instead of Destiny Islands and the other original worlds.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hanna Barbera.

b830d7fa64b153ee10ef8b9d31902be2.jpg

Unlike Disney, I'm sure Warner Bros. would be more lenient on how these characters and their worlds are portrayed in a hypothetical Kingdom Hearts-esque game.

Awards
With Warner Bros, we could have Batman beating up Heartless.

Which would be neat.

But ye in actuality the only company that could equal Disney in terms of the KH formula is Nintendo.

But of course that would make KH Nintendo-exclusive forever.

Back