• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which KH game, in your opinion, is the worst?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PhantomStar

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm bored and I wanted to gather some intel about people's least favorite KH game. Feel free to spill about how much you don't like a specific game!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
BbS.

I mean, it wasn't all bad. I generally enjoy those first three worlds (Castle in Dreams in particular), the Command Board is a fun minigame, Mirage Arena is okay (if lifeless), and Aqua was worth the whole thing's existence alone, but it's the one I least enjoy.

The original story and the other characters are just KH at its nadir. Stiff, stilted, boring, very forced story turns, wannabe-complexity. I didn't much care for KH2's re-write of who Ansem SOD was anyway and BbS takes it even farther down the hole. And the gameplay is just...not fun. On top of it all are the Secret Bosses, just gimmicky nonsense that you couldn't fight and win against naturally. I hate that sh*t. At least KH2FM gives you a way to cheat the dumb mechanics with Lingering Will. It would be a time-suck trying to get the characters to lvl. 99 (this and 0.2 are probably the only games where I never bothered) and 100% completion is impossible because of Mysterious Figure.

blank points

Awards
It's a tough call, seeing as I don't truly hate any of the KH games, but to pick an answer, I think it would have to be a cross between Days and 0.2. I say this lightly, because as I said, I don't hate them, but they are definitely my least favorites. To start, I honestly think Days has some of the worst pacing in the series. It seems like you go through several filler missions, then a bit of actual plot happens, then more filler missions, rinse repeat until the end. The main plot doesn't really kick off until pretty much the end of the game. The gameplay I wasn't really a fan of either. For 0.2, I seem to be in a minority, seeing as most fans seemed to enjoy this one. (And admittedly, it's also kind of ironic, seeing as KH3 is my top favorite so far, and 0.2 was meant to be the prologue originally.) I honestly thought 0.2 was kind of boring. The gameplay was fun, and the atmosphere was well designed, but the story felt sort of tacked on, plus Nomura's lack of planning ahead really showed at some points. Overall these game were definitely not bad, but not my favorites.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, X/Chi/Unchained X/Union X kinda wins by default, doesn't it? Like nothing else is gonna compare to a money grubbing skinner box gatcha bullshit mascarading itself as a video game.

Past that I tend to say Days was the most disappointing game, the one that failed to live up to it's potential the most. Everyone else falls all over themselves praising the story and Xion and I'm like "yeah, but the actual game part is rather meh". I actually prefer RECoded because that one still cared about fun and varied gameplay and having Disney bosses beyond Pete and the Halloween imps.

PhantomStar

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I mean, X/Chi/Unchained X/Union X kinda wins by default, doesn't it? Like nothing else is gonna compare to a money grubbing skinner box gatcha bullshit mascarading itself as a video game.

Past that I tend to say Days was the most disappointing game, the one that failed to live up to it's potential the most. Everyone else falls all over themselves praising the story and Xion and I'm like "yeah, but the actual game part is rather meh". I actually prefer RECoded because that one still cared about fun and varied gameplay and having Disney bosses beyond Pete and the Halloween imps.
Yeah, that's honestly pretty valid.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah my pick would also have to be Chi. It's the only KH game I really just didn't enjoy playing and while the story gets good, it takes forever to get going and unlike Days you can't even claim the grind is part of the story/experience. With Roxas and Days it at least put you into a similar headspace and feel as Roxas towards the Org and the jobs.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Depends on gameplay and story or both.

Gameplay wise: Re:Chain of Memories is not only my least favorite KH game but it was one of my worst gaming experiences I ever had. I didn't finish it and have no desire to. It doesn't help that the story at the beginning is very slow so I wasn't encouraged to finish. I know there are plenty of people who are great at it, but I never got the hang of it. As clunky as Days and BBS's combat can be I could at least finish them all the way and have some fun with their styles. With Re:COM I was not having any sort of fun playing it. It's a shame because COM has a well done story but whenever I revisit it has to be through Youtube cutscenes or the novel version. The only thing I do respect about this game besides the story, is their willingness to experiment and try a new gameplay/battlesystem. So even though I despise the card system I also respect it. It's a weird relationship.

Story wise: Are Chi and Union X considered the same story? My answer varies depending on that alone. I could just say Dark Road...but I at least want to see it finished before judging it. And I don't count Melody of Memory as a actual story, just a piece of ReMind that got lost in the shuffle.

Back