• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which KH Entries Are Supposedly Being "Remastered" Or "Ported"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hi there,

I was wondering which KH titles are being remade/remastered/ported to the PS3 in the near future. Where did you guys hear these rumours from anyway because I don't think I heard about them except a few posts in here. I heard about BbS being put on PS3 then I heard about KH I-II being ported to PS3. I'd like some real answers please, thank you guys so much!

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Mhmm, but I doubt they will remake any of them. They'll just remaster them and put 'em on the PS3 if anything.

-didn't say anything about a remake- ._.

That is the point of the remaster. Convert the graphics to 720p/1080p and allow it to be played on the PS3 (and PSP Vita)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Honestly...the only game that would be looked at for a remaster/remake (I think they would remaster them though, remakes are generally for games that are extremely old and the graphics are almost outdated that were on GBA or earlier, like CoM to Re:CoM) would be KH1, KH2, or BbS. I'm not saying they would do all 3, but if they were going to, the selection would definitely be out of those 3.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It'll be KH, KH2, Re:com. PS collections are PS2 games being remastered. PSP remaster is a completely different program.

The 14th Order

I would want remasters so that the character's faces don't look flat and lifeless half the time.

Oh, and more VA cutscenes, less text boxes.

While they're at it, maybe just throw in the Final Mix crap that we've been missing out on all of these years as well.

kupo1121

Awards
I would want remasters so that the character's faces don't look flat and lifeless half the time.

Oh, and more VA cutscenes, less text boxes.

While they're at it, maybe just throw in the Final Mix crap that we've been missing out on all of these years as well.

That isn't even a remaster then...that is more like a remake...and that is not going to happen xP

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It'll be KH, KH2, Re:com. PS collections are PS2 games being remastered. PSP remaster is a completely different program.
The MGS collection is a combination of PS2 & PSP games on 1 disc.

The 14th Order

That isn't even a remaster then...that is more like a remake...and that is not going to happen xP
Semantics schmantics. It wouldn't be that much work to do that. I'd see it as more of an update than an actual remake. It's not like they would start from scratch or anything. Re:CoM, coded were remakes, but with KH1 they could pretty much build off of what they already have. Hell, if they added English subtitles and text for FM that would be enough for me.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Semantics schmantics. It wouldn't be that much work to do that. I'd see it as more of an update than an actual remake. It's not like they would start from scratch or anything. Re:CoM, coded were remakes, but with KH1 they could pretty much build off of what they already have. Hell, if they added English subtitles and text for FM that would be enough for me.

They would have to get the VA's back together for additional scenes, giving their faces more "life" would require lots of time and money. It's not going to happen.

The 14th Order

They would have to get the VA's back together for additional scenes, giving their faces more "life" would require lots of time and money. It's not going to happen.

Hey, a man can dream, can't he? (Well, on second thought, maybe not in this day and age...).

What I meant by the faces was that, well, you know how in the - what I like to call - high rez cutscenes where Sora's face actually moves and has emotion. Just have it be like that all the time... yeh.

Awards
I could easily see them including BbS/FM in an HD collection since it could potentially be a selling point for a lot of people.

Like with CoM on the GBA, not all fans of the KH series have a PSP, so this would be their chance to sell it to a wider audience.

kupo1121

Awards
Hey, a man can dream, can't he? (Well, on second thought, maybe not in this day and age...).

What I meant by the faces was that, well, you know how in the - what I like to call - high rez cutscenes where Sora's face actually moves and has emotion. Just have it be like that all the time... yeh.

Well, that would require them to go back to all those flat-faced scenes and edit them so Sora has a detailed face, not to mention as someone did say they would have go back and get the VA's for those added scenes while making all those scenes from scratch as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't dream as it is never a bad thing, but setting your hopes to high isn't a good thing all the time either.

The 14th Order

Well, that would require them to go back to all those flat-faced scenes and edit them so Sora has a detailed face, not to mention as someone did say they would have go back and get the VA's for those added scenes while making all those scenes from scratch as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't dream as it is never a bad thing, but setting your hopes to high isn't a good thing all the time either.

I was just stating what I would like to see them do. It doesn't mean I am expecting them to do it.

I could easily see them including BbS/FM in an HD collection since it could potentially be a selling point for a lot of people.

Like with CoM on the GBA, not all fans of the KH series have a PSP, so this would be their chance to sell it to a wider audience.

Now there's an idea.

kupo1121

Awards
Honestly...even if they did not include the FM version when they remastered the game, it would still be a selling point. I've said it numerous times that the only reason to release the game on the PS3 would be the bring it to a wider audience (as the PSP, unlike Japan, doesn't sell incredibly well in the US), but the FM version would be a selling point for many people who have BbS that don't think the updated graphics are enough to purchase the game again (I would buy it again for the updated graphics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back