• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which game has the best Journal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Journal is the best?

• KH1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain of Memories

• KH2

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Birth by Sleep

• Re:coded

• DDD

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • KH3

• Total voters

AegisXIII

Awards
I have always loved how complete the journals were in the series. However some titles manage to do it better than the others.
My favorite is KH2. It is so complete. It has everything I want and more. If a character is unknown, it is written as unknown. The organigram shows all Organisation members with their hood on until their face is reveal. Sora is showed with old clothes until he gets the new ones. I would even say it is too complete that it is hard to keep up with it.
Unfortunately, the next titles opted for a much simpler approach where you get the entries after the world is complete rather than while it is still happening. I find it sad. KH3 journal is weak in my opinion. I was at least expecting to get an organigram considering the confusing plotlines getting resolutions.

What is your opinion? Which game had the best journal?

Jochira

Awards
It's a tie between KH2 and DDD for me. DDD had the most detailed journal, but KH2 had the best designed journal. I guess I prefer KH2 journal slightly more though. Especially the Final Mix version, since it even includes puzzles.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
For me, it's between 3D and KH3. I loved the Gummiphone. I don't think the others are really on its level, but 3D does have the added benefit of summaries for all the previous games.

Something I did like about KH1's journal--which I never read much aside from the reports back then, but only paid attention to after KH2 made giving the journal attention required to get rid of the darn "new" signal in the menu, which then made me curious about following KH1's journal throughout the story in retrospect--is that the plot description changes several times throughout the course of a world. With KH2's, the little part at the front gives you clues for what to do next that change pretty often, but the plot written down doesn't change in that way. 2's is more like you're reading a game script that has spoiler blockers that are slowly taken away as the game goes along. KH1's plot descriptions changing constantly almost made it feel like a diary, more real, like Jiminy was writing things as they went along through worlds learning things as they go and then decided to erase and sum it up better after they'd finished a world and had a better grasp of all the facts.

Back