• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Disney boss is your favorite battle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denne

Like the thread say. Witch Disney boss in KH 1.5 HD Remix is your favorite? My favorite is Maleficent because she is the mistress of all evil

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd have to say Chernabog. That, even at that time, was just all kinds of nostalgic and intimidating but so cool and fun.
The rest were either non impressionable or annoying.....except for Hades & Maleficent.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Hades, Ursula (both forms), and Dragon Maleficent are my favorites. Just because they are the few that are difficult. Jafar should've been better than he was. The first Oogie battle is kind of fun in a way.

In CoM, Hades is the only one that leaves an impression.

I'm a Monkey

For me, the Giant Ursula Fight was always the most memorable, because it was SO FREAKING HARD! Im getting chills just thinking about the first time I beat her.
But yeah, none of the Disney Bosses did it for me in CoM. Hades was challenging if you fought him early on, but not extremely so.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Maleficent(Dragon), Giant Ursula, Chernabog (KH1) and Rinzler. Just played 3D recently and I was Rinzler's bitch for about the first 10 times I fought him. But the boss fight was so well done and it was so gratifying when I beat him. The 3 were epic because I love Giant boss battles and they gave me major problems the first few times I tried to fight them. If I had to pick one, I would say Giant Ursula was the best but Rinzler would be a close second.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I'd have to say Chernabog. That, even at that time, was just all kinds of nostalgic and intimidating but so cool and fun.
The rest were either non impressionable or annoying.....except for Hades & Maleficent.
I've gotta agree with Gram here, Chernabog is definitely my favourite Disney boss battle, even if I was stuck on him for a whole three months the flying was worth it.
Nothing is better for a boss battle than fighting a giant black demon inside a volcano while flying around some sort of abyss.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Ice Titan, or Hydros as it is known to some. The battle mechanics, in which you can't damage him directly by striking him for the majority of the fight, somehow really appealed to me as a kid. Another thing that I loved about the fight is that as you progress with the fight, you need to be quick on your feet as you can't stay on the same spot for too long to deflect the ice missiles, otherwise icicles will burst from both above and below.

I think I could say that fighting him now is just as exciting as it did a decade ago.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The hades fight in the hades cup is fun as hell, especially when you're lower leveled and have to pick and choose your spots

Elysium

Awards
But yeah, none of the Disney Bosses did it for me in CoM. Hades was challenging if you fought him early on, but not extremely so.
That might be it. I played Olympus Coliseum first, I believe, because it was my favorite of the initial choices. Plus, maybe I remember Hades as being harder because he card-broke me so often I ended up using all my cards in sleights until I only had two cards left and I was basically running around for 10-20 minutes re-loading 30+ times before I beat him. My first playthrough, as you can probably tell. :p

Although the hard bosses are terrifying first playthrough (at least, they were when I was younger), they're often the most entertaining in retrospect because the game gets easier as you re-play. Also, I have to admit Ursula is my favorite Disney character, so the fact that her bossfights are so badass is another reason I love them. :D

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ice Titan, or Hydros as it is known to some. The battle mechanics, in which you can't damage him directly by striking him for the majority of the fight, somehow really appealed to me as a kid. Another thing that I loved about the fight is that as you progress with the fight, you need to be quick on your feet as you can't stay on the same spot for too long to deflect the ice missiles, otherwise icicles will burst from both above and below.

I think I could say that fighting him now is just as exciting as it did a decade ago.

Good choice. I would have to agree. It took me the longest time in the PS2 version to beat it but it was satisfying when I did. Now in KH 1.5 I am able to beat it without losing but it's still fun to fight (multiple times at that) because of the need to constantly move and deflect.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I have to admit, I kind of have to go with Chernabog for this one. Novelty aside, he had this air of pure unadulterated badassery that stood out to me even compared to the likes of Dragon Maleficent. Ice Titan does come close, though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Have to agree with those who said Chernabog and Dragon Maleficent.
Those are the battles that actually have some kind of pressure and an air of true danger.
On my speed run in order to get the Speedster trophy (in conjunction with unchanged armor) I had actually some trouble with Dragon Maleficent until I took a small detour and acquired Strike Raid from Olympus.

Close in on second place would be Hades, giant Ursula and Ice Titan, they are a good mixture of pressure and fun while the Earth Titan is a joke.

The fight with Jafar actually falls more into the annoying category for me mainly because of his floating around and you not already having high jump there.
Additionally there is also his weird "blablabulabas"-chanting which gives the battle a sort of funny note.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I have to admit, I kind of have to go with Chernabog for this one. Novelty aside, he had this air of pure unadulterated badassery that stood out to me even compared to the likes of Dragon Maleficent. Ice Titan does come close, though.

Yeah Chernabog definetly gives off a different air then the other Disney bosses. He only doesn't rank at the top for me because of the constant need to retreat so as to dodge its fire attacks.

Close in on second place would be Hades, giant Ursula and Ice Titan, they are a good mixture of pressure and fun while the Earth Titan is a joke.

I still don't understand how they thought Earth Titan was worthy of being #1 over Hades especially in his own tournament.

gavinh2007

Awards
Website
abyssalsanctuaryofficial.blogspot.co.uk
I love both Maleficent fights.

I don't know if this makes me weak or crap but I died once on the second Ursula battle recently. I managed to beat her the second time I tried, but so much was going on and I couldn't seem to get behind her head to strike without something happening. It was so noisy. Does that mean I'm crap at Kingdom Hearts, because I died on Giant Ursula? I can't remember it being that hard in the original KH game, but there was just extra obstacles in the Final Mix one.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I feel like I'm not allowed to say Chernabog since it's apparently the majorites favorite.. *cough*...

But other than that, I would say I really enjoyed facing Ursula in the first battle, and I definitely got the nostalgia bumps when facing Captain Hook.

The Jafar battle wasnt thaaaat great, but I loved every second of his character and the Agrabah level. Aladdin was one of my favorite Disney movies when I was younger ^-^

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The Jafar battle wasnt thaaaat great, but I loved every second of his character and the Agrabah level. Aladdin was one of my favorite Disney movies when I was younger ^-^

I like the first Jafar fight mainly because Genie floats around and warns you to get out of the way and even if he does hit you he gives you hp so that you can heal anyway. xD

Elysium

Awards
I just find Jafar disappointing because he has one of the best final battle scenes in a Disney movie, but all he seems to do is shoot a beam every once in a while and fly around. Oh, and that chanting thing that's easy to avoid. I was hoping the fact they brought him back in KH2 that they would finally correct this, but nope. I still want to fight Snake Jafar so badly.

Domination

Awards
I always liked Oogie Boogie's fight in KH1. The whole roulette thing just kept the fight fresh and fun no matter how long the fight went for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back