• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Which Company Is The Best To Buy From?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'm trying to buy vintage manga but I'm having a tough time deciding from which place to choose. I mean, I guess I could always continually calculate and price check each book, but that just takes up WAY too much time. So the sites are:
Barnes&Noble, Chapters, or Ebay/Amazon.
Barnes&Noble has a good selection and are cheap (depending who you buy from) but then there's the whole additional shipping charges and 2-3 week waiting period, to which I am totally not down for.
Chapters, is close, the prices are moderate and I get rewards points on my plum card. They cost about $10 each online since I'm a member and as long as it's above $25, free shipping, all deliveries within 2-3 days (since I'm Canadian)
For Ebay and Amazon, it's kind of the same thing, but you can books on there that I haven't even thought of for years now.

Let me know what you guys' think. I want the books, but I also want to save money as well, so your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Usually, I go with either Barnes or Amazon for manga. I haven't even heard of Chapters.
I'm unsure what you mean by "vintage" because manga generally is either in print, or it isn't. For example, it's hard to get your hands on Fruits Basket these days, without buying used from someone else on Amazon, because Tokyopop is now gone [and thank god for that], making some series like that hard to find for the original listing price, since no one's picked it up. Parasyte used to be hard to find before Delrey picked it up and re-released it [and thank god for that].

Personally, I prefer Amazon because their free shipping is less ridiculous than Barnes. It ends up getting to me much quicker and less trouble with tracking. [i.e. sitting in ohiowa for a week and then showing up at your house at a random time]

That being said, checking Amazon just now, both titles I mentioned are very cheap [in the example of Parasyte, the lesser, more worthless copies of Tokyopop's release of Parasyte, rather than the accurate and properly translated Delrey ones], being sold by personal sellers rather than Amazon themselves, but I personally prefer a brand new guaranteed good condition copy from Amazon themselves rather than trusting sellers. [Just bad experience with having art books missing pages and being written on]

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Seconding Sabrina on Amazon. Two day free shipping is worth having (along with all the other things that come with Amazon Prime), and Amazon will usually have good deals on books; I'm not sure on manga, but I'd expect the same sort of discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back