• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which character are you best with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which character do you play best with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Now that the game's been released and most of us have played with each of the characters, who ended up being your favorite to play as? Was it who you expected? This is not the same question as "Who's your favorite character?"

When I first started, I wasn't sure who I would like the most, either Ven or Terra. I never watched gameplay videos much excluding the few released before the game was released in Japan, so I didn't have much to go on. I felt Terra would be over-hyped, so I might have been leaning towards Ventus, but I was really 50/50.

I first started playing as Ven, and I quickly liked the combat style. Moves were fast and swift. I later on started playing as Terra. He was a little slow, but he hit hard, which was nice. I ended up liking them both so much I wasn't sure who I liked more, but I realized I like Ven's ultimate Command Styles more than Terra's, although equipping Terra with Ven's D-Link to make him attack faster was just so great. Having the speed and power? I liked this game's balancing.

I already knew I wouldn't like Aqua much since I never really liked primary-magic users in any games, plus I never used female characters much.

But I was wrong.

At first, I played as Aqua and I ended up dying over and over within the first set of monsters in the new world after the exams. Disappointed, I decided to go through the first two maps about 2-3 times each. After those few levels, I ended up getting used to her and getting a lot better. Within the first couple of worlds when I got some more magic, I loved her just as much as Ven and Terra. When I got some of her better command styles, she instantly became my favorite. Never needed to rely on D-Links with her after the first world. I never liked magic users much before, but her power with magic and her command styles are beyond wild. At first, I was afraid the game was so easy because I may have overleveled in the first world. Turns out I beat the game with her on Proud at Level 28, while my other two characters were Level 29.

tl;dr: Aqua is the character I play best with. Most unexpected. Probably my favorite of the three overall as a result.

Gram

Banned
Awards
im best with aqua mainly due to her reflect/guard, ven comes in second (tho i think its mainly due to the similarity to sora/roxas gameplay wise)
terras by far my weak point due to his slow attack, recovery speed -_-

impart

Climb The Sky
Terra

although I did think Ven was the easiest of the bunch. I still feel I fight the best with Terra

denizenofevil

Aqua. I played her second, after Ventus and because of that, I had a better idea of how to better customize my command deck. Plus, her block is a complete barrier over her whole body unlike Ven and Terra's which only block the front, leaving the back vulnerable. I did pretty well on Terra too but I didn't like playing him as much as Aqua. I'll have to go back and play Ven again now that I know what I'm doing.

WaveK89

I'd have to go with Ventus. He was a bit quicker and I had a much easier time reaching enemies. Terra was good, but felt kind of slow. Aqua was weak for me in the beginning, but as I was nearing the end; she became much more comfortable to play.

satria222poxy

Aqua.
Before I finished the game, I want to keep on leveling up Aqua. Her Command Styles are much easier to access them all (when I have Fire Roll and Ice Slide, in order to get FireStorm & Diamond Dust easily). Her Deck Commands has more magic, and because BbS is a game that doesn't have MPs, it was a great opportunity to use as many Magic Commands as I want, and not relying them on MPs. The fun part was when I used cartwheel to increase her movement speed, and Teleport.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra. I'm still not very used to constantly having to rely on magic, and while Ven's speed is a great advantage, I tend to attack too much and can't react to enemy attacks because he's still finishing off that combo. I don't know why, but I'm having some trouble transitioning between attacks and such with Aqua. With Terra, his combos are shorter, and having needed to guard so often against the final boss, I've gotten used to transitioning back and forth from guarding to attacking and so forth.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I had the easiest time with Aqua, and the funny thing is that I never magic, lol. (I also love that she has a cartwheel, even if it makes her the Raiden of the game, haha.)

Sakulily

I liked playing as Ventus best on a whole.
But I think I played best as Aqua, her bosses seemed to be easier to beat.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My best is Aqua, and unlike most people, it's not because of her block. I use her the best because I play far-ranged better and because I can utilize her float-like jump to my advantage which I like as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back