• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

which battle system u prefer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez350ex

which ff battle system do u prefer? the basic stand still there and wait for turns like in ff8 for example, or do u prefer ffx where u can switch between characters but still have that stand there and wait system. or do u prefer ff12 where u can move around and flee quite easily. i think i like ffx battle system the best but ff12 was good also.

it got me thinking u see im not so sure what's happening in the ff7 remaster, wether the gameplay lets u move about in battle. there's a new ff game soon on ps4 it seems they move around in battle in that one too. i saw a trailer where u see the great malboro as if it was a boss fight and the bad breath ko'd everyone.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When it comes to Turned Based games the best one I've played (gameplay wise) is by far Persona Q SotL but if we talk FF I strongly prefer anything real time like FF XV or Crisis Core (or much better yet, Dissidia, Hell yeah!).

it got me thinking u see im not so sure what's happening in the ff7 remaster, wether the gameplay lets u move about in battle. there's a new ff game soon on ps4 it seems they move around in battle in that one too. i saw a trailer where u see the great malboro as if it was a boss fight and the bad breath ko'd everyone.
um, are you talking about FF XV? Anyway the FF VII gameplay truly look a whole lot more like KH and completely action based like everyone thought XV would be at first as well (and I still kinda wish it was but now FF VII will hopefully make up for that)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
CTB from Final Fantasy X, but it never really lives up to its full potential due to the game being so incredibly easy.

I think Lightning Returns is the closest to what I'd like from a modern JRPG, except with the ability to swap between characters on the fly. It's the kind of system that XII should have had. XV:ED is fun too although it's most likely just going to be a one-off thing due to its roots as a spin-off.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
CTB from Final Fantasy X, but it never really lives up to its full potential due to the game being so incredibly easy.

I think Lightning Returns is the closest to what I'd like from a modern JRPG, except with the ability to swap between characters on the fly. It's the kind of system that XII should have had. XV:ED is fun too although it's most likely just going to be a one-off thing due to its roots as a spin-off.

that isn't actually too accurate. they rebuilt the game from the ground up and the only thing it has in common with versus is the cast, which has been altered as well. that spinoff was a concept that is lucky it didn't hit the cutting floor.

on subject, i enjoyed crisis core and XII but i'm not as much into turn based stuff anymore.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
that isn't actually too accurate. they rebuilt the game from the ground up and the only thing it has in common with versus is the cast, which has been altered as well. that spinoff was a concept that is lucky it didn't hit the cutting floor.

I know that. That's not what I meant. I believe it was either Tabata or Kitase who said in an interview that the direction they're taking with this game is not an indication of what future instalments will be like, specifically because this one started out as a spin off. Of course things have changed, but this is not the game the kind of game they would have made had the Versus project not been scrapped/rebooted. I believe the question came from someone who was worried that Final Fantasy was going to become an action RPG series like Kingdom Hearts.

ibanez350ex

yeah i think it was xv, in trailer it had where u battle iron giant and behemoth in the street. it looked wicked lol in another trailer it had that thunder god summon, im looking forward to it yeah.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Definitely the ATB-system in Final Fantasy X-2!
There, I said it. It's ATB, yet fast-paced and more action-based than the ATB-systems of the games I-IX. The great ability / job system of FF X-2 added to that even more.
Gameplay-wise, FF X-2 is definitely my favorite in the series so far.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'll admit I'm a fan of FFX, which is like a game of chess: everybody moves on their turn. I didn't care for XII's system because it was so time consuming in order to cast attacks (and it seemed like I'd always have to do something manually because what I'd programmed would be upset somehow).

Anagram

Banned
I hate ATB. I've tolerated it at times but deep down I truly hate it. I prefer to be action based or a traditional RPG like FFX.

Awards
I liked XIII System. I felt that the system was relatively easy to manage during battles and really had me thinking of my choices in battles quickly as I don't like when battles take too long.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
X's system all the way. It was more strategic and you didn't have to rush to do something lol

But I really did like X-2's system. I have no problem with fast-paced battles either.

I guess honorable mentions are XIII's system and IV's basic ATB system (if it's pretty much the same like most others).

Rexy

Bronze Member
I may be with a minority but I really like the battle system of FFXIII and FFXIII-2. Other than that I liked FFXII gambits system. I would love to see a game that combined both battle systems :p

Scorseselover

I really enjoyed XII's battle system

NOT!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness I think XIII'S battle system is fun. XV however looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back