• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which are you more excited for?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denne

I´m more excited for BBS because i love Malificent i think she is a great boss and you cant battle her in KH2FM.

VenTer

Awards
I'm totally excited for BBS Final Mix, Heck!, I wanna see the multiplayer :D And KH2 Final MIx battling Roxas and the Lingering will and get new keyblades :D

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Honestly, I'm excited for the entire package myself, but if I were to pick, I'd say that I am most excited for Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. Being able to play that game all over again in beautiful HD will be glorious (bonus points if they incorporate more of those full CGI FMVs in the game for certain plot important events).

That being said, while I am looking forward to playing Birth by Sleep: Final Mix the most, I will most likely tackle II: Final Mix beforehand (and Re:coded assuming that there are bonuses somewhat akin to the Days cinematic in I.5). A bit part of me is really hyped up for that Limit Form as well as the Roxas boss fight that we should have got back in the vanilla version of II.

blksabbath74

Honestly, I'm excited for the entire package myself, but if I were to pick, I'd say that I am most excited for Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. Being able to play that game all over again in beautiful HD will be glorious (bonus points if they incorporate more of those full CGI FMVs in the game for certain plot important events).

Agree totally, although I currently only have a PS2 so I will probably look at picking up both 1.5 and 2.5 a little down the road, used, when I am preparing to purchase a used PS4 to play KH3, just get them all together.

Yeah, for me, BBS was the best KH game next to the original, and it managed to capture alot of what made the original great. Even though some of the stuff was laughable, like Ventus hanging out with Gus Gus in the Magic Castle, it managed to recapture the Disney magic like the original. DDD also did a good job with that.

I was thinking though, at some point, it would be pretty cool to play them all out in chronological order.

BBS
KH1
CoM (358/2 and Coded are just movies, right)
KH2
DDD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think I'm in the 0.000000000005% of (non casual) KH fans who didn't like BbS much. As far as the story and character quality goes, I put it down there with KH2. The game play was really fun though.

With that said, I'm not sure how to feel about 2.5. I didn't like KH2 or BbS much, but they're more impressive from a technical standpoint than their predecessors so they'd be fun to play. Though Re:Coded I actually quite liked a lot but it's only included in cut scenes. The plus side is though that since Re:Coded is shorter, the movie will probably flow much more smoothly than the Days movie and will include Disney worlds.

blksabbath74

I think I'm in the 0.000000000005% of (non casual) KH fans who didn't like BbS much. As far as the story and character quality goes, I put it down there with KH2. The game play was really fun though.

With that said, I'm not sure how to feel about 2.5. I didn't like KH2 or BbS much, but they're more impressive from a technical standpoint than their predecessors so they'd be fun to play. Though Re:Coded I actually quite liked a lot but it's only included in cut scenes. The plus side is though that since Re:Coded is shorter, the movie will probably flow much more smoothly than the Days movie and will include Disney worlds.

Coded was a good game, but it was sort of a game within a game, and doesn't have much bearing on the overall story. It was more just a clever way to create a KH game. It was alot like replaying KH1 on a mobile system.

I'm not really looking forward to replaying CoM personally...would prefer a movie...

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

That is rare. Most of the people that I talked to felt like it was a return to form in many aspects ranging from story and plot integration to gameplay. At least we can all agree that it's fun to play.

While I am content overall with Re:coded being cutscene only, I am beginning to see why people are annoyed that it isn't a full-fledged game. I recently saw some of the gameplay to it and I have to admit that it provided a nice change of pace.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Coded was a good game, but it was sort of a game within a game, and doesn't have much bearing on the overall story. It was more just a clever way to create a KH game. It was alot like replaying KH1 on a mobile system.

I'm not really looking forward to replaying CoM personally...would prefer a movie...

On the contrary, Re:Coded did set up future elements for KH3 and expanded on previously hinted at concepts. Maleficint wants the data worlds, Data!Sora showed that anything can grow a heart, Data!Sora accomplished what the real Sora didn't and learned how to handle the foreign pain in his heart and these thingss are supposed to come into play later.

Regardless, while the game was simple I found it more enjoyable than BbS. It can be argued that the story was more self contained by comparison, but from a technical stanpoint, I found it better put together.

That is rare. Most of the people that I talked to felt like it was a return to form in many aspects ranging from story and plot integration to gameplay. At least we can all agree that it's fun to play.

While I am content overall with Re:coded being cutscene only, I am beginning to see why people are annoyed that it isn't a full-fledged game. I recently saw some of the gameplay to it and I have to admit that it provided a nice change of pace.

Indeed it is. On top of not liking BbS much, I'm also in the small margin of people who actually prefer Re:Coded to it as well. All my time in the fandom and total people I've met who share than same opinion I can count on one hand (it's so lonely...;~;).

If people felt that BbS was a return to form, I honostly think that Re:Coded did it better regardless if it's less important by comparison. For better or for worse, it treds a lot of the same ground that KH1 did because of the who digitalized journal thing, but I feel that it has enough of its own identity so I don't mind. Story and character wise, it goes back to a simpler form and isn't heavy handed with the melodrama that's become prevalent in the series; it kind of just lets the characters bounce off each other and I find their intercations much more endearing than most previously established relationships.

The gameplay in Re:Coded is the most banaynay in the series. It took BbS's and Day's combat systems, put them together, and up graded them, and added a bunch of other customizable stuff. It has evolving Keyblades. Which I think is one of the best game mechanics in the series. I don't know who they'll do it, but I want thaat implemented in KH3. @_@

If only for the game play I think it really is a shame that it's not playable in 2.5. The Matrix System was fun as all Hell.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Definitely more excited for KH2 FM and BBS FM. Can't wait to finaly play the final mix versions of those games in beautiful HD

Don't care much for Coded.

Gram

Banned
Awards
On the contrary, Re:Coded did set up future elements for KH3 and expanded on previously hinted at concepts. Maleficint wants the data worlds, Data!Sora showed that anything can grow a heart, Data!Sora accomplished what the real Sora didn't and learned how to handle the foreign pain in his heart and these thingss are supposed to come into play later.

Regardless, while the game was simple I found it more enjoyable than BbS. It can be argued that the story was more self contained by comparison, but from a technical stanpoint, I found it better put together.
While I enjoyed bbs I also greatly enjoyed recoded for the very aforementioned reasons. I also found Data!Sora and Data!Riku more enjoyable to watch in their interactions with each other and Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

They just were, by far, the most enjoyable characterizations in the series to me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I liked Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance both more than BbS, although I don't hate BbS. I believe BbS is more loved because it followed KH2, which was pretty bad in a lot of ways... Re:Coded was simple, but there's a joy to that. I think KH games have become more and more needlessly complex, and so it was fun to have a mostly simplistic game again. I just find BbS's storyline a little overdramatic at times. I like the way they had the three stories overlap within the Disney worlds (and yay, the Disney characters actually add a little something), but the Unversed just seem stupid to me and something about the game feels empty, quiet and cold overall. That might just be because I prefer games with groups rather than lone characters. Plus Terra and Ventus feel like replicas of Riku and Sora; I don't hate them, but they're not KH's greatest characters. Aqua was the only thing I really loved about the game. I still looked forward to BbS Volume II (which may never happen, I guess...?), so I can't say I didn't like the game. I just think it's slightly overrated.

I'm actually looking forward to everything about 2.5, so it's hard to choose. Probably BbS first, because I could never explore the game as much as I would have liked because small systems like the PSP are just uncomfortable to play on for me. But I'm excited to play a more difficult version of KH2, finally, so that would be second. And yet I'm really looking forward to the Coded movie, too. My only wish is that they could've somehow included Dream Drop Distance!~ It probably won't get released on the main console for a long time if they're waiting to make a 3.5 after KH3 has been out several years....

I think I'm more excited for this than I was 1.5 really, probably because I already had the PS2 version of CoM and I was never a huge fan of Days.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It is true that BBS overall does things better than i.e. KH 2 or Days do, but it didn't do things as good as it could have done with the rudiments that were provided.

While I am an avid fan of BBS and also very fond of the characters, one thing I do agree with is that BBS, while all in all a neat package, fell sort of short of the mark in terms of characterization and actual depth. It had the assets set to be something really great, but many good opportunities where simply not fleshed out enough and left on a more surface-level throughout the narrative, which is why to some it may feel a bit colder/more detached.
One thing that's particularily a pity is that the supposed super-close, sibling-like relationship between TAV was not really fleshed out at all except in some scenes during the tutorials and some very small bits when they randomly met again for some few minutes, the rest was just told, not actually shown.
For some people, and I assume Ruran being among them ;), things like that can hamper the complete experience quite a bit.
Then there is of course (again) the somewhat mediocre writing of the scenario writers shining through despite BBS being one of the better efforts, like that several characters get handed the idiotball throughout the story just to push the plot/narrative into a direction it is supposed to go because certain things have to happen.
How the writers let the characters arrive at those events though sometimes deserves a facepalm.

With Re: Coded the problem is that most people do not know which important things it actually holds because they were shown more subtle and are not that great of a twist as you usually get in KH games.
I'll just say that, to someone who has played and understood Re: Coded, neither the way how Xehanort and co. try to push Sora's heart into darkness (because in Coded Naminé warned already about it) nor the "revelation" that everything, including Nobodies, can grow a heart (Data-Sora did so during Coded) would come as a really big surprise in DDD.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It is true that BBS overall does things better than i.e. KH 2 or Days do, but it didn't do things as good as it could have done with the rudiments that were provided.

While I am an avid fan of BBS and also very fond of the characters, one thing I do agree with is that BBS, while all in all a neat package, fell sort of short of the mark in terms of characterization and actual depth. It had the assets set to be something really great, but many good opportunities where simply not fleshed out enough and left on a more surface-level throughout the narrative, which is why to some it may feel a bit colder/more detached.
One thing that's particularily a pity is that the supposed super-close, sibling-like relationship between TAV was not really fleshed out at all except in some scenes during the tutorials and some very small bits when they randomly met again for some few minutes, the rest was just told, not actually shown.
For some people, and I assume Ruran being among them ;), things like that can hamper the complete experience quite a bit.
Then there is of course (again) the somewhat mediocre writing of the scenario writers shining through despite BBS being one of the better efforts, like that several characters get handed the idiotball throughout the story just to push the plot/narrative into a direction it is supposed to go because certain things have to happen.
How the writers let the characters arrive at those events though sometimes deserves a facepalm.

With Re: Coded the problem is that most people do not know which important things it actually holds because they were shown more subtle and are not that great of a twist as you usually get in KH games.
I'll just say that, to someone who has played and understood Re: Coded, neither the way how Xehanort and co. try to push Sora's heart into darkness (because in Coded Naminé warned already about it) nor the "revelation" that everything, including Nobodies, can grow a heart (Data-Sora did so during Coded) would come as a really big surprise in DDD.

Admittedly, I will agree that the lack of togetherness was a bit of a problem for me as well. I was kind of expecting at least one of the trio to appear alongside another in the middle of most worlds for a bit of overlap (i.e.: Terra and Aqua at Cinderella's Castle).

I will agree with the subtlety of coded, though. The whole revelation in the 3D didn't particularly surprise me either partially due to foreshadowing in Re:coded and partially from that one re-worked line by Axel near the end of Sora's story. And to give the writers credit, they did have a very good twist at the end where it was revealed to be Data-Roxas that was goading Sora on through the castle and at the very beginning of the game.

KH Enthusiast

I would say overall I'm excited for 2.5 because there is going to be a lot more new things in it than 1.5 had. But right now, I'm leaning toward BBS final mix because it was a PSP game and now it will be playable not with just added content but also in HD and on a big screen. Surprisingly, I'm also more hyped for 2.5 than KH3 right now.

Disclosure

The data organisation battles that KH2 FM will offer gets me really excited as I'm tired of watching them on YouTube. BBS FM attracts me because of the oppurtunity of playing the game in HD on my big television rather then the tiny screen of my old (and dusty) PSP.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Playing KH2 Final Mix or Playing BBS on PS3?

I'm more excited for KH2FM because of the massive amount of new features added to it! The Org. 13 battles, Lingering Sentiment, Roxas boss, Mushroom XIII, Limit Form, and a shit load more!

Bless you for writing Lingering Sentiment and not Lingering Will! I do agree II Final Mix will be amazing, but my heart is screaming over the Birth by Sleep feels in HD.

Terra's eyelashes in HD, Master Xehanort's grandiose voice in HD. Battle to reclaim your body in HD!!!!

I apologize. BBS is my favorite of the whole franchise. I must however share one more exclamation.

ICE CREAM BEAT IN HD!!!!!!!

Wackadoo

BBS, since I never played the original.

Some people say it is better than KH2FM (My favorite game..ever), so...I'm very excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back