• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Where is the fair use?" Youtube policy abuse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned

First the scourge that was SOPA now downright money racketing. Good job legal system. As always it's apparent who the laws protect.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
re: "Where is the fair use?" Youtube policy abuse

#WTFU

But seriously, YouTube. Why?!

Anagram

Banned
re: "Where is the fair use?" Youtube policy abuse

Because someone always has to try and destroy something fun.

Anagram

Banned
I didn't realize how much. There's vids of it everywhere. I hope it raises enough awareness to stop this kinda bullsh*t.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, I went and spread this to the few other sites that I visit. Not sure if it changes much, but it's not any hassle for me.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Man, that stinks! I think I got my video reported or something for copyright, but it's still up. I've heard the Youtube appeal process is atrocious.

i know right. i don't mind not getting a strike, but what good is it if the vid is blocked in every country.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Weird how this hasn't been brought up for so long. Youtube's system has been this way for a while.

Anagram

Banned
Probably like SOPA. Done as best they could to hide it. Or they've finally got enough moderately big people on youtube to speak out at once.

Given what I've seen and heard in these videos, I really doubt that this was for a good reason. :I

Good point. =[

Anagram

Banned
Seems they've also used it to take down the TeamFourStar channel now. =__=
I can assure you they likely had no good reasons too impede on freedom of speech.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Seems they've also used it to take down the TeamFourStar channel now. =__=
I can assure you they likely had no good reasons too impede on freedom of speech.
Wait, TeamFourStar was taken down?!

On a side note, this whole fiasco isn't a matter of free speech, but one of fair use. Although the Youtube copyright policy has been used as a censorship method from time to time, as we've seen (and for some, personally experienced), more often, the system will be used simply to claim ownership of someone's work in order to make money off of it. Fair use, not the First Amendment, is supposed to prevent this sort of shit from happening.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
saw some commentary on this sort of thing from some notable people on twitterrr:
tumblr_o31afn6riE1ugvzu5o1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back