• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Where is Terra?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Spoilers for BBS (but I think everyone knows MX stole Terra's body at the end of BBS, later Terranort becomes Ansem's apprentice and then become Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas)

Defeating both one's Heartless and Nobody is supposed to allow the Somebody to be recompleted. Sora did defeat both Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas, but then he was recompleted as MX. YX did refer to him as "his most future self" meaning that the MX that come in DDD isn't time-travelling from before he stole Terra's body, but recompleted after Sora defeat Ansem and Xemnas. Here's the question. Ansem and Xemnas are the Heartless and Nobody of Terranort , not of pure Xehanort, but he comes back as MX, not Terranort. So where did Terra went?

Awards
I believe Terranort has been recompleted and that he is one of the Seekers of Darkness. In the The Re:Coded Movie Secret Ending we see Braig not Xigbar talking to Young Xehanort wondering where “Xemnas” is. Young Xehanort confirmed that “the party” just started this could be referring to the events in DDD but the game came out after this cutscene was released so why be so vague about it? Like why didn’t it show who YX said at the end? And why did Braig say “his own plans” when he appears in the gathering with the new organization 13 members? I truly think that Terranort has been revived and that he is a member of true Organization 13 but his present time self didn’t appear in the gathering in DDD only a time traveling version of himself did just like how Xigbar was there even though his current time self was somewhere else. If not that than there’s another theory that I think has credit is that Xehanorts Guardian that he’s used is Terra’s heart corrupted and controlled by Xehanort himself. I don’t know where’d that leave Terra’s body, it could be nesting in the darkness waiting for his heart to be set free so it can rejoin with it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Where the different parts of Terra are and their current status is a deliberate mystery up to now, as stated here.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Crazy idea but what if Terra's body returned to the Keyblade Graveyard and rejoined with the Lingering Will? The fact that he was out and about while people assumed he was a vessel would be a hell of a twist.

Perkilator

Awards
I assume back as the Lingering Will in the Keyblade Graveyard. As you said, MASTER Xehanort came back and NOT Terranort.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't understand why, just because Xehanort came back as himself, should result in Terra's body returning to lingering will. If anything, it should return to his heart - in case that is already or still free.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't understand why, just because Xehanort came back as himself, should result in Terra's body returning to lingering will. If anything, it should return to his heart - in case that is already or still free.

The Lingering Will is his armor and Keyblade. Also the Keyblade Graveyard is the place were he became possesed and lost his identity. You mentioned his heart, but that to could have wandered back to the graveyard along with his body.

Remember that the organization members were resurrected in the places that they were separated into heartless and nobodies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

All parts that belong together are reunited during the restoration process, so the crux of the whole issue is *Xemnas voice* indeeeed the whereabouts of Terra's heart and its current status.
Only if it is free in an literal sense, meaning no hotel-staying somewhere like Ventus, it can reunite with its body.
Same goes the other way around. Terra's body needs to be free, meaning no Xehanort-piece occupying the pilot's seat in order for it to work.

Normally the restored person comes back where the original split happened, meaning in this case it would be Radiant Garden if it would be a normal case.
Yet Lea already verbally confirms that Xehanort "doesn't count" and since Terra was arguably the one who was "intertwined" with him he also doesn't count.

The Lingering Will in itself is apparently also more of an anomaly or a more rare occurrence, but it cannot be entirely ruled out to play a role since as Swoosh points out the Will has Terra's personal Keyblade and thus most likely a connection with Terra himself.

Since it is an special case I would not put it past Nomura to place the Will as a sort of "beacon" for Terra's other parts to orient on and then be restored there once they're all free.
It would also be a visual call-back to the finale of Terra's BBS story as well since there he put on the armor to try and defend against Xehanort, only for the armor to fall off and reveal Terra-Xehanort.
Now there would be the reverse, say i.e. Xehanort learns that Terra's heart is free and resides now in the Lingering Will, Sora (or Aqua/Ven) manages to free Terra's body from Xehanort's control somehow (if it is still a vessel) and Xehanort tries to destroy Terra by blasting the Will only for the armor to fall off yet again revealing a restored Terra underneath.
Cue "Rage Awakened" starting up again et cetera.
Cliché and a little predictable? Perhaps, but like said I can see them pulling that card in some form.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
My own take to all of this is that Terra's heart, showed to be inside Apprentice Xehanort, eventually lost the battle and is now kept in place within Master Xehanort's. Since his heart isn't technically free, the destruction of Xemnas (Terra's body) and Ansem (a Heartless born, in my opinion, from Master Xehanort's own darkness rather than Terra's) brought forth the recostruction of Master Xehanort, since he was the "main" heart that separated from that body. Terra's heart does not count as free, hence no bonus reconstruction for him.

"But the body Xemnas wielded was Terra's anyway."
True, but we've seen that hearts and their bonds can have a profound impact on the body. The sheer link between Ventus and Sora molded Vanitas' face. Ventus influenced Roxas. And Xion is a self-explanatory example. Xemnas has proven to be a creature of Xehanort more than anything else.
(minus the "friend" speech to Aqua's armor, but much like the Ienzo's theories those scenes remain unexplained and it's not impossible to think they're abandoned plotlines; we've seen with 0.2 that apparently Xehanort himself is searching for the Chamber of Waking, while for the longest time it was thought Xemnas was doing that out of Terra's memories)
As I was saying, if Xemnas and Ansem are tied to Xehanort's heart it isn't impossible that whatever is "in charge" of recreating the person chose to shape Terra's body into Master Xehanort's, to better "match" the freed heart paired with it.
Other examples of how hearts and bodies are chosen whether they match or not is given by Naminé, that generated from Kairi's heart leaving Sora's body: she was born despite the heart and body not matching up and despite the presence of another heart (Sora's).
Much like Sora was for Naminé "only" an influence on her powers, I can see Terra being nothing more than a "side-effect" to the reborn Xehanort. Until friendship or whatever will bring him back.

Lingering Will is definitely a fascinating element and after recent events it undoubtely has a tie with Terra's heart but the Keyblade isn't a definitive proof, as Aqua's armor still holds her own despite being nothing more than an empty husk at this point.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Did Terra truly lose to Xehanort though? He was able to hold him back and even restrain him in 0.2. He might still have some degree of control.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Did Terra truly lose to Xehanort though? He was able to hold him back and even restrain him in 0.2. He might still have some degree of control.

He obviously didn't truly lose, he will be back somehow: Xehanort's victory is definitely not total. But I definitely don't think he's the one calling the shots, especially when it came to conceiving Ansem and Xemnas.
About the 0.2 part, I don't know if that Terra was... Terra. I'll explain myself: in the Realm of Darkness time is distorted, so we don't know when in the timeline that scene happened. Shortly after Aqua will meet Mickey and they will proceed ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶c̶o̶n̶ to close the Door, meaning Ansem was already a thing. Buuut, as I said time in the RoD is weird, and Xehanort seemed to get Ventus was in the Chamber only after Aqua told him, and the Chamber of Repose was created by Apprentice Xehanort.
So we have two cases:

1) The Aqua-Terra-Xehanort scene plays when there's still Apprentice Xehanort: the easy way out for my theory. Terra was still fighting Xehanort internally in Blank Points, meaning it makes sense in 0.2 he was still able to oppose him.

2) The Aqua-Terra-Xehanort scene plays when there's Ansem already. Now, here I have a theory: that "Terra" was actually Lingering Will.
At First Breath Naminé talked to Lingering Will telling "it" to go and guide a friend in the Darkness. When Aqua meets "Terra", he says that he appears as how Aqua's heart imagines him, just like the sleeping Ventus (that "Terra" couldn't even see or sense).
So what I'm saying is, MAYBE that was Lingering the whole time and Xehanort used Terra's heart, now subdued and in his possession, to establish a link with him and intrude in the conversation. Then, Terra's reprisal was possible because Lingering Will still retains the power to oppose him. Also that "Terra" used the golden chains, and up until now Lingering was the only version of Terra capable of doing it.

Obviously both my first comment and this one are just my own speculation, I have no real proof to back them up. It's just how I feel it might've went.

Smithee

Awards
Also that "Terra" used the golden chains, and up until now Lingering was the only version of Terra capable of doing it.

Simpler explanation: Terra was channeling Eraqus's Heart (as Eraqus was also able to use the chains).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back