• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where is Eraqus?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We know from Blank Points at the end of BBS that Eraqus had placed his heart within Terra, which Master Xehanort points out with his line:
"Someone else has set foot in your heart...Eraqus you sly fox"

So we know that Eraqus was present within Terranort up till he became Ansem and Xemnas but...what if he wasn't there after that point?

Let's look at some interviews to get a grasp of it:

Q9: Where did the Organization’s coat and mark come from?
A: Xemnas remembering his human years.

One year after BbS, Xehanort as well as five other apprentices toss aside their hearts. Then the Nobody Xemnas was born, and the Organization which he creates take a lot of things from his memories as a human. But as Xemnas had two people who he was, Terra and Master Xehanort, he takes from both of their memories.

Q11: Why is Aqua’s armor in The Chamber of Repose?
A: Because Aqua tried to save Terra.

When she tried to retrieve Terra’s heart from Terra-Xehanort, they both fell into the realm of darkness, and she gave him both her armor and keyblade which allowed him to escape. Because of this when Ansem the Wise picked up Xehanort, he still had the armor and keyblade, which Xemnas then put in The Chamber of Repose.

[picture: Aqua and Terranort in darkness]

Aqua gives up herself in order to save Terra.

[picture: Xemnas in The Chamber of Repose]

Xemnas creates The Chamber of Repose, and puts Aqua’s armor there which he calls “friend”.

Q12: Why is Xemnas searching for The Chamber of Awakening?
A: To find Ventus.

The Chamber of Awakening is the room where Aqua leaves Ventus sleeping in Last Episode, and is a part of Castle Oblivion. As you can see from Xemnas calling Aqua’s armor “friend”, it seems Xemnas has Terra’s memories and so is searching for Ventus, and is making the other Organization members look for The Chamber of Awakening.

[picture: Aqua with Ventus]

Aqua leaves the sleeping Ventus in The Chamber of Awakening.

[picture: Xemnas and Saix]

The only one who can solve the mysteries of Castle Oblivion is Aqua, so the Organization was never able to find it.
- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.
^
Source: Birth by Sleep - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

See what I'm getting at in the parts I've put in bold/underlined? In all the questions ever asked to Nomura about Ansem, Xemnas, Terranot and how they are effected he always points out and compares them to Terra and/or MX.

And most curiously he says that Xemnas "was two people, Terra and Master Xehanort".
Shouldn't that last line be "Xemnas was three people"? After all Eraqus was in Terranort as well when Xemnas was formed yet Nomura never points out any of their traits as possibly his.

He doesn't even bring up Eraqus.

Then we have this interview quote here:
DDD Ultimania said:
Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

Again Eraqus is pointed out to have been within Terra but as to where he is now or was after Ansem/Xemnas was formed is dodged.

Why bring this up you wonder? Well, looking at it from this angle, doesn't it make you wonder where Eraqus has been all this time as well as where he currently is?
He's certainly not stated to have been within Ansem or Xemnas, if anything, Nomura seems to consider them either more Terra or MX.

So my question to you is "were is Eraqus here"?

Could he have been expelled from Terra when Terranort became a heartless?
Eraqus was within Terra's heart with MX yes but it's never stated if he was fused/a part of it like MX had become.
And we've already seen with Sora, who was housing three hearts when he turned heartless, that any additional yet not fused to hearts will go elsewhere.

Kairi's heart went back to her vessel and Ventus' stayed in Sora's vessel (body+soul) as Sora himself became a heartless which lead to his nobody, Roxas, being born with Ven's face and later the ability to use Ven's keyblade in conjunction with Soras. (duel wielding)

So what do you think?
Could Eraqus have been set loose when Apprentice Xehanort went on his keyblade stabbing spree turning everyone into heartless/nobodies?
Is it possible Eraqus pulled a Roxas and stayed with Terra's vessel becoming a part of, although still dominated by, Xemnas/Xehanort?
Could Eraqus have simply stayed within Terra as Terranort became Ansem, a heartless?

Or do you have your own theory?

Axel92

Awards
It is a really good question.
Personally, I believe his heart, obsessed by the light, would have been engulfed by darkness and he became the Dark Guardian.
But maybe his heart is just sleeping inside Terra's, so he's waiting his birth by sleep.

ok sunny

Awards
But maybe his heart is just sleeping inside Terra's, so he's waiting his birth by sleep.
Haha, nice one. Though it sounds like a good pun, it could be true.
But I think he could be the Guardian too. I'm sure Nomura had a reason not to state Eraqus. The answer will probably show up in the next game, though.

Light

faster than
Awards
All of these recent threads of yours just remind me of how much there is still to account for in this saga :/
I feel that Eraqus still has to be part of Terra. It's really difficult to say though. If you look at how the event happened (physically/visually) the Terra-Eraqus bonding is more like the Sora-Kairi instance than the Sora-Ventus pairing.

What really throws a spanner in the works is the condition of body+soul. If we approach it from the angle that Eraqus' heart separates, assuming that the body+soul are destroyed, what happens? Does it turn into a Heartless, or does it wander, or go wherever it is that those hearts go?

Another problem with the Guardian theory is that, surely, MX would have detected the presence of Eraqus within what he expelled, right? He was surprised by Terra's reveal in Blank Points, which leads me to doubt that theory.

For my ease of mind, it's easier for me to think that Eraqus is bonded with Terra... but having said, I would not be surprised in the slightest if that turns out to be wrong.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just to give this a bit of a boost:

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

Now its no secret both Ansem and Xemnas awakened to the memories of Terra and Xehanort.
They even go as far as to take on MXs original plan to get kh though in their own ways.
(which DDD revealed that even by acting in their own way their plans still contributed to MXs original as well. Ansem finding 7 pure lights and Xemnas tried to make 13 vessels with his fakse kh)

There are quotes with nomura pointing out a few traits of both that have the memories they have of Terra and Xehanort being the origin of.

However the quote also points out something else to. Look at the line again he not only says memories but heart.
Why would he point out about who had whos heart?

Both nobody and heartless are dominated by Xehanort and both carry portions of the twos memories but could not only eraqus but all three of the hearts involved have been divided with the memories?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Y'know, I just had a thought:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gram

Banned
Awards
Y'know, I just had a thought:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Not sure how I'd feel about that ending....nor am I sure one can actually fight KH and live. ತಎತ

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not sure how I'd feel about that ending....nor am I sure one can actually fight KH and live. ತಎತ
*insert explanation centered on Nintendo logic/Disney magic here*

But it's a thought, anyways. Makes you think how active Eraqus is inside Terra and how Xehanort's seed can affect a heart that has another heart inside it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It certainly does make you think. I lean towards Eraqus being largely dormant given his overall lack of presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back