• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where Do You Think?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
I'm not sure if I understand this sentence. Are you saying Earth, our planet, would magically remove itself from the Sun if ever absorbed?
nope, not at all. it can just be thrown into the sun and stay in one piece.
I'm no expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure the Sun will expand (and swallow all of the inner planets up), since it's a small star.
if earth remains at a constant distance from it, which is supposedly won't because of the sun losing mass and sending out more solar winds.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
if earth remains at a constant distance from it, which is supposedly won't because of the sun losing mass and sending out more solar winds.

The issue depends on which one expands faster: the sun or the earth's orbit. If the sun expands faster than earth can get away, it'll just swallow the Earth. If the earth's orbit can expand fast enough, it'll escape being swallowed, but it'll be charred.

Nevermind also when the sun novas and the earth becomes quite frosty.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
nope, not at all. it can just be thrown into the sun and stay in one piece.

Because intense gravity and pressure have never broken rock.

The issue depends on which one expands faster: the sun or the earth's orbit. If the sun expands faster than earth can get away, it'll just swallow the Earth. If the earth's orbit can expand fast enough, it'll escape being swallowed, but it'll be charred.

Isn't Earth's expanding orbit negligible in comparison to the Sun's lifespan?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Would it? I mean, it wouldn't lose mass, just density and gain volume, right?

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
While proceeding to the stage in the red giant phase where the outer layers are where the current earth orbit it, the sun would have lost some of its mass. Both through mass ejections and converting matter to energy.

Even with that, though, earth's biosphere, if it still exists, would probably be burned away.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
what the heck? -.- ;;;;;; so either way, you are saying that my beliefs are false cause if there is a God he cant control the things in the universe... (and please dont turn this into an if God exists thread)

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I must admit. I like how this discussion went from where we go when we die to the sun and expanding. That is comedy to me.

yeah exactly why i was trying to get back on track.... lol... freakin' anomalies enter these forums and just change them like o_O

(edit)
id also like to mention... some of you get upset or use slick responses when i chose not to reply to something you say.... well i've explained myself before, but i'd like to use a scripture this time:

2 Tim 2: 23-26 - Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights. But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil, instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed; as perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth, and they may come back to their proper senses out from the snare of the Devil, seeing that they have been caught alive by him for the will of that one.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
That doesn't look like trying to get back on track.

i asked angel shards where she thought we went when we died if u look up... and no 1 else except the last few posts of us saying the topic went off track were posted after

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
She says we rot in the ground. I say we rot in the ground. You say we get eternal life. What's there left to say?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
She says we rot in the ground. I say we rot in the ground. You say we get eternal life. What's there left to say?

she didnt say anything. anyway, why do you say we get eternal life? read man! GEEZE i said we rot in the ground too! FREAKIN' ITS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS! -.- ppl piss me off when they dont read.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
she didnt say anything. anyway, why do you say we get eternal life? read man! GEEZE i said we rot in the ground too! FREAKIN' ITS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS! -.- ppl piss me off when they dont read.

You realize, of course, that when I say we rot in the ground, I mean *everything* rots in the ground because I do not believe souls exist?

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
You realize, of course, that when I say we rot in the ground, I mean *everything* rots in the ground because I do not believe souls exist?

you realize i say the same thing because the bible says the body is the soul and the soul dies and the soul rots....

(i already quoted the scriptures that said it before but i'll do it again and they have some explanations)

Ezek. 18:4: “The soul [“soul,” RS, NE, KJ, Dy, Kx; “man,” JB; “person,” TEV] that is sinning—it itself will die.”

Isa. 53:12: “He poured out his soul [“soul,” RS, KJ, Dy; “life,” TEV; “himself,” JB, Kx, NAB] to the very death.”

Gen. 2:7: “Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” (Notice that this does not say that man was given a soul but that he became a soul, a living person.) (The part of the Hebrew word here rendered “soul” is ne′phesh. KJ, AS, and Dy agree with that rendering. RS, JB, NAB read “being.” NE says “creature.” Kx reads “person.”)

1 Cor. 15:45: “It is even so written: ‘The first man Adam became a living soul.’ The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.” (So the Christian Greek Scriptures agree with the Hebrew Scriptures as to what the soul is.) (The Greek word here translated “soul” is the accusative case of psy·khe′. KJ, AS, Dy, JB, NAB, and Kx also read “soul.” RS, NE, and TEV say “being.”)

1 Pet. 3:20: “In Noah’s days . . . a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.” (The Greek word here translated “souls” is psy·khai′, the plural form of psy·khe′. KJ, AS, Dy, and Kx also read “souls.” JB and TEV say “people”; RS, NE, and NAB use “persons.”)

Gen. 9:5: “Besides that, your blood of your souls [or, “lives”; Hebrew, from ne′phesh] shall I ask back.” (Here the soul is said to have blood.)

Josh. 11:11
: “They went striking every soul [Hebrew, ne′phesh] that was in it with the edge of the sword.” (The soul is here shown to be something that can be touched by the sword, so these souls could not have been spirits.)

Ezek. 18:4: “Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.” (*Hebrew reads “the ne′phesh.” KJ, AS, RS, NE, and Dy render it “the soul.” Some translations say “the man” or “the person.”)

Matt. 10:28: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul [or, “life”]; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul* and body in Gehenna.” (*Greek has the accusative case of psy·khe′. KJ, AS, RS, NE, TEV, Dy, JB, and NAB all render it “soul.”)

Eccl. 3:19-21: “There is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust. Who is there knowing the spirit of the sons of mankind, whether it is ascending upward; and the spirit of the beast, whether it is descending downward to the earth?” (Because of the inheritance of sin and death from Adam, humans all die and return to the dust, as animals do. But does each human have a spirit that goes on living as an intelligent personality after it ceases to function in the body? No; verse 19 answers that humans and beasts “all have but one spirit.” Based merely on human observation, no one can authoritatively answer the question raised in verse 21 regarding the spirit. But God’s Word answers that there is nothing that humans have as a result of birth that gives them superiority over beasts when they die. )

Last edited:

Melonie

k well...this thread has been redone as many times as i have gotten up for school in the morning....but it is just as simple as u go to heaven or hell...because there is no way to prove it...u just have to know and believe it....someone from heaven or hell isnt gonna come back up and tell ya...

I agree.

And even if they do, no one would believe them, so it kind of defeats the purpose. There have been people who say they have been to heaven, or hell, and back. I definitely don't believe all of them, but some are pretty convincing. Who knows.

Regardless of that, I believe in heaven and hell. Simple, yes, but sometimes that's just the way things are.

M

Miss Murder

Why don't we leave this as "people can believe whatever the hell they want"? The other people on this forum don't and won't effect you or your decisions in matters like this.

So who gives a shit what they think.

Phoenix says we'll all just rot in the ground; there is no soul, yeah.

Smooth enjoys being a prophet and coming back at comments with thousands of useless Bible verses, and he believes we'll either go to heaven or hell. Joy.

Here's the thing;
Doesn't matter what you say you believe ... on a goddamned forum.
Leave it at that?

Of course I'm speaking of the "debate" that has broken out in this thread, and not the main topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back