• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where do you stand?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I like Xion. I didn't like the way she was introduced way back when we first got the news of the mysterious XIV who hangs out with Axel and Roxas and has deep connections, which gave me horrible first impressions, but playing Days changed that.

I wish Days didn't skip so many, well, days, and showed a bit more character development for pretty much everybody besides Axel and Roxas.

magic713

Awards
I'd go with #2. Doesn't it seem like a cheat saying "oh, there was a 14th member but she doesn't matter now because everyone forgot her".

Xenliad

Love Xion and love the Organization as a group of villains. As for individual members, that's another story. I've always liked Axel, Roxas, Demyx, and Xigbar but 358 made me like Luxord too. Larxene and Saix are tied in the dislike category.

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com
Not a sue? Really?

Let's see. She's basically PERFECT--sweet, friendly, caring, generous, selfless, beautiful, etc.

Roxas is obsessed with her, and finds zero flaw in her. But of course, he has no problem finding plenty of flaws in Axel.

There's another thing, I expected this game to have a focus on the friendship between Axel and Roxas, and Roxas' time in the organization. Instead, the entire game is about XION, and Roxas and Xion's friendship ohandAxeltoo. ("Who am I going to have ice cream with?" Axel? Heaven forbid!)

Yeah, I love Axel and that is admittedly part of the reason I don't like Xion. But that's not all.

She's an excellent warrior, but at the same time plays damsel in distress several times, fainting into various attractive male character's arms on more than one occasion, and needing Roxas to look after her when, oh no, she forgets how to use the keyblade!

She is self sacrificing and automatically knows the right thing to do, and selflessly does so without self conflict about it. She find out about Sora and goes "Oh, okay, lemme go join with him now" as opposed to Roxas, who wants to be his own person and tries to fight it but LATER realizes it's the right thing to do and joins Sora.

And now that she's had this whole tragic story in which she was the innocent victim who did absolutely nothing wrong--in fact, did everything RIGHT, cause she's PERFECT and has NO FLAWS--she dies a tragic death in her potential lover's arms and is even more tragically (and conveniently) forgotten by everyone so that there are no plot holes later.

If that's not the definition of a mary-sue, I don't know what is.
:O

Uh anyway yeah Ill go with #3, I love Xion (always will) and love the orgy because well its the orgy (except maybe Larxene and Saix >_>) :D

Okay, so yeah you could say Xion's a sue- to me, she's a good sue :c

I cannot blame Roxas for his obsession with her though. If he is obsessed with her, well he is :/ Well to me, I dont think the WHOLE game is about Xion even if I love her xD It's also about the friendship, Roxas and abit of the orgy. Story-wise, its mostly about Roxas/Xion/Axel's relationship with eachother. And when Roxas said that ice cream line, again, I cant blame Roxas for having an obsession over Xion, and in the end Roxas still cared about Axel, I mean lets say for example, the winner stick he gave to Axel :/ And when you say that Xion is self sacrificing and instantly knows the right thing to do and you say that Roxas wants to be his own person and realizes it later, that makes it seems like Xion is more mature than Roxas, not that I dislike it. And yeah most of what you say is true though :p

IMO.

Oh and I do like Axel too.

bakarry

#3 for me
although now that i think about it, Days really was not what i was expecting.
when i first heard of the game i thought it was about Roxas and Axel only. like their story. didnt expect a XIV member.
but still, i love the game's story despite it changing my view of the relationship between Axel and Roxas; thought they were BFF's and Roxas's leaving was cause he was confused or something.

and just wondering but... who could possibly hate the Organization? It's like the coolest thing since toast

huanglulu

("Who am I going to have ice cream with?" Axel? Heaven forbid!)

The english version of the game spoiled that part in the japanese vesion Roxas didnt say Who am I going to have ice cream with?" he said "Let have ice cream together again the 3 of us"

I will go with #3
I like Xion and the organisation is cool even though i hope they could put in more interaction between each member.

Last edited:

Xenliad

#3 for me
although now that i think about it, Days really was not what i was expecting.
when i first heard of the game i thought it was about Roxas and Axel only. like their story. didnt expect a XIV member.
but still, i love the game's story despite it changing my view of the relationship between Axel and Roxas; thought they were BFF's and Roxas's leaving was cause he was confused or something.

I actually got the game without following it up to it's release so I wasn't expecting anything other than it explaining Roxas, who I found quite confusing back when KHII came out. I was happily surprised with how the game turned out. I think I had only seen a comercial and read the back of the box. KH is one of the few series that I think I can buy without much research now.

and just wondering but... who could possibly hate the Organization? It's like the coolest thing since toast
Xigbar agrees. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Megamagicman88/fads.png[/IMG]

NumberVIII

Just curious, how did it change your view of their relationship? They WERE bff's, but they got in a fight--well, more like Roxas picked a fight with Axel, though not saying Axel's not to blame at all.

fantasy08

Lol, I just realize I didn't answer my own question. I actually thought I was number 3 for a time. Then I stopped lying to myself, and am now a firm number 2. :)

gotta thank her for bringing up all those BBS links AND for bringing up shades of Roxas's personality you never thought of before.
You mean the BBS links that were brought up in Com and Kh2 just fine, and the destroying of Roxas personality from sweet bad-ass to ultra obsessed.

I'm with Number. Xion is a sue. A obvious one,but that's actually not the main reason why I dislike her.If you think about it every character in the series is a sue/ stu or other stereotype revolving around a cliched plot. What annoys me greatly though is that she came out of nowhere,but monopolized the entire plot of Days. Roxas game? Where? Organization game? Huh? It's seriously hard for me to find a scrap of dialog, secret reports, roxas diary entries, fmv scenes or regular cut-scenes that don't mention her or lead to her. Also her sad story felt forced. I swear it feels like her whole point was to make us feel sorry for her from beginning , middle, and end. It's like nomura thought I know some( a lot) of people will be angry with me for ass-pulling in a 14th member. So let's make her story super duper sad so they'll like her and forgive me!

I'm saddened lol that some people dislike Saix now. It's not like his personality is suddenly different from kh2. He acted in the same manner he did there as he did here. He says a few cruel( and from a technical standpoint true) words to Xion and people want to crucify.

Anywho, I'm surprised there hasn't been at least a few number 1's yet. Those are the real ones I'm interested in hearing the who and why's for.

Last edited:

NumberVIII

Lol, I just realize I didn't answer my own question. I actually thought I was number three for a time. Then I stopped lying to myself, and am now a firm number 2. :)

You mean the BBS links that were brought up in Com and Kh2 just fine, and the destroying of Roxas personality from sweet bad-ass to ultra obsessed.

I'm with Number. Xion is a sue. A obvious one,but that's actually not the main reason why I dislike her.If you think about it every character in the series is a sue/ stu or other stereotype revolving around a cliched plot. What annoys me greatly though is that she came out of nowhere,but monopolized the entire plot of Days. Roxas game? Where? Organization game? Huh? It's seriously hard for me to find a scrap of dialog, secret reports, roxas diary entries, fmv scenes or regular cut-scenes that don't mention her or lead to her. Also her sad story felt forced. I swear it feels like her whole point was to make us feel sorry for her from beginning , middle, and end. It's like nomura thought I know some( a lot) of people will be angry with me for ass-pulling in a 14th member. So let's make her story super duper sad so their like her and forgive me!

I'm saddened lol that some people dislike Saix now. It's not like his personality is suddenly different from kh2. He acted in the same manner he did there as he did here. He says a few cruel( and from a technical standpoint true) words to Xion and people want to crucify.

Anywho, I'm surprised there hasn't been at least a few number 1's yet. Those are the real ones I'm interested in hearing the who and why's for.

Glad we're on the same page here. I have to say, I agree with you 100% on all of the above. :)

bakarry

Just curious, how did it change your view of their relationship? They WERE bff's, but they got in a fight--well, more like Roxas picked a fight with Axel, though not saying Axel's not to blame at all.

well iono... in KHII i thought they were really close buddies who never really had any strife and the reason for Roxas's "betrayal" of the Organization was because he was confused about his existance. something like that

which happened to be true. kinda sorta
i don't really know how to say it haha. just the entry of Xion made their relationship seem to be because of her. not that she made them friends, but she was the reason they were all friends.
like whenever Xion was having troubles and stuff, Axel and Roxas would always worry about her and there wasn't a lot of Roxas and Axel time (non-yaoi =.= just friend to friend hanging out and stuff). even their conversations seemed to end up talking about her.

NumberVIII

i don't really know how to say it haha. just the entry of Xion made their relationship seem to be because of her. not that she made them friends, but she was the reason they were all friends.
like whenever Xion was having troubles and stuff, Axel and Roxas would always worry about her and there wasn't a lot of Roxas and Axel time (non-yaoi =.= just friend to friend hanging out and stuff). even their conversations seemed to end up talking about her.

Which sucks, IMO. but I have to disagree with you there. Axel even admits it himself, he cares about Roxas far more than he cares about Xion, and they were friends first.

Kentsu13

i felt that xion (even tho she was a ok story) she kinda wasted wat 358/2 coudlve been about which couldve been 1) more backstory for org 13 (recruiting mems, oringal humans, the experiemnts in radiant garden) and 2) of course about the rooms, y xemnas wants them (probably for ven but how did he know ven was there...)

Sora1915

Bronze Member
MY feelings to the Organization is really no different but now I love Xi-Xi :3 I can't really vote though cuz I hate some members and like others......

8shortfuse

Lol, I just realize I didn't answer my own question. I actually thought I was number 3 for a time. Then I stopped lying to myself, and am now a firm number 2. :)

I'm with Number. Xion is a sue. A obvious one,but that's actually not the main reason why I dislike her.If you think about it every character in the series is a sue/ stu or other stereotype revolving around a cliched plot. What annoys me greatly though is that she came out of nowhere,but monopolized the entire plot of Days. Roxas game? Where? Organization game? Huh? It's seriously hard for me to find a scrap of dialog, secret reports, roxas diary entries, fmv scenes or regular cut-scenes that don't mention her or lead to her. Also her sad story felt forced. I swear it feels like her whole point was to make us feel sorry for her from beginning , middle, and end. It's like nomura thought I know some( a lot) of people will be angry with me for ass-pulling in a 14th member. So let's make her story super duper sad so their like her and forgive me!

I agree. she was pulled outta nowhere and she did get on my nerves with the whole "oh no, I gotta help Sora now. You'll forget all about me, but I liked you guys" stuff. maybe cause of the tone of her voice or something. It just had that sad note in it and it bugged me. I didn't like that Roxas felt so bad for her, that sounds kinda mean, but I always thought Axel was a better friend.

Anyway, that being said...I still like Xion, but yeah she was annoying.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Option #3.

But I do have to admit, Xion is bit of a Mary Sue, and it's not just because she supposedly got in the way of AkuRoku. Why else she's a Sue, you ask?
This.
Not a sue? Really?

Let's see. She's basically PERFECT--sweet, friendly, caring, generous, selfless, beautiful, etc.

Roxas is obsessed with her, and finds zero flaw in her. But of course, he has no problem finding plenty of flaws in Axel.

There's another thing, I expected this game to have a focus on the friendship between Axel and Roxas, and Roxas' time in the organization. Instead, the entire game is about XION, and Roxas and Xion's friendship ohandAxeltoo. ("Who am I going to have ice cream with?" Axel? Heaven forbid!)

Yeah, I love Axel and that is admittedly part of the reason I don't like Xion. But that's not all.

She's an excellent warrior, but at the same time plays damsel in distress several times, fainting into various attractive male character's arms on more than one occasion, and needing Roxas to look after her when, oh no, she forgets how to use the keyblade!

She is self sacrificing and automatically knows the right thing to do, and selflessly does so without self conflict about it. She find out about Sora and goes "Oh, okay, lemme go join with him now" as opposed to Roxas, who wants to be his own person and tries to fight it but LATER realizes it's the right thing to do and joins Sora.

And now that she's had this whole tragic story in which she was the innocent victim who did absolutely nothing wrong--in fact, did everything RIGHT, cause she's PERFECT and has NO FLAWS--she dies a tragic death in her potential lover's arms and is even more tragically (and conveniently) forgotten by everyone so that there are no plot holes later.

If that's not the definition of a mary-sue, I don't know what is.
Days seemed like Xion's story more than Roxas', there's little action of the Organization as a whole because of her. She's mentioned in pretty much every cutscene, secret report, I just couldn't stand that she was stealing the spotlight away from the Organization. And I honestly prefer the ice cream scenes with just Axel and Roxas. They're supposed to shed light onto a depressing storyline, and Xion's character is really depressing. She also seemed to break about Axel and Roxas as a duo by becoming the center of RAX and all Roxas really cares about. You can blame this on the writers, but I dunno :/ don't get me wrong, I still love her character, it's just a bit too... perfect. :/ really, she seems flawless.

She's not one of my favorites, but I still love Xion, she's just a bit... ugh D:<
The storyline could've gone on perfectly without her. You could say I'm biased but... ehh :/

Regarding the Organization, I still love all of them. I disliked Vexen a bit more, because really, he was just a whiny jerk who treated Roxas like shit and demanded respect because he's a older people. Marluxia had a boner over Roxas' Keyblade (c wat i did thar). Xaldin and Lexaeus got little to no development. Xemnas was even more creepy in Days, but I thought Days made him a better villain, so I liked him more. Saïx stayed the same, and omg xion is not a useless puppet fuck u saix! D:< oh boo-hoo, he's supposed to be like that. I think they would've been developed much better if half of the cutscenes weren't Xion, Xion, and Xion.

Last edited:

SilverCyrus

I like Xion More,

Axel Way more,
Demyx More,
Xigbar More
Saix more (Though i still hate his guts for what he did to Sora)

Riku More (Always loved him >.<)

Roxas Less......

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
For some reason I just can`t see Xion as a MarySue, and it`s impossible for me to not like her. I have to say that Days made me like most of the Organization even more. Especially Xigbar, Saix, and Luxord. Although Saix still gets on my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back