• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where do you put your thoughts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm not really sure where the correct place to post this myself because, it's a topic I wanted to discuss in general with everyone. Instead of only the Creative Writing section with its writing community. xD Anyways, I know all of us have private thoughts that we think about each and every day. Sometimes we share it. Sometimes we don't. Sometimes we write it down. Sometimes we read each other private blogs without knowing it and relate to it instead.

Therefore, I'm curious.

Questions:

Where do you guys put your thoughts everyday? Do you blog about it? Do you jot it down the old fashion way by putting it into a journal or diary? Do you record your thoughts through a microphone?

And have you ever read someone else's diary, journal or blog? Has someone you know ever read yours?

Or in the grand scheme of things, do you keep it all in your head?

Do you like writing your personal thoughts on anything or not? Do you express yourself through art?

Of course, all of these questions are optional. Figured it'd be something fun to discuss. :)

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i used to talk with people but now i dont. best to keep it all in my head because i think i'm great for conversation

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I typically lay some of my thoughts out with friends, and have the usual later-night deep conversations with those close to me as I please. Otherwise, I mostly keep my thoughts in my head. I rarely write them down, as most of my writings tend to be for work or are fiction. I guess in fiction my thoughts and ideals are subconsciously displaced into my writings, but rarely do I use it as a place to organize my thoughts and speak my mind.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm, great question. I usually put my thoughts here or talk to my old high school friends about my feelings. I'm pretty open with my emotions usually, but I don't have all that many friends, either, so I guess people don't always know what I'm thinking about.

I don't have a blog anymore. I used to use tumblr and DeviantArt, but tumblr got too clustered with memes and DeviantArt just wasn't a great place for me, so I just kind of didn't use social media or anything of the sort like that. Now, I just mostly either create/post on a thread here or talk to my girlfriend about it, lol.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Art definitely. That's the main reason I make art, I don't even particularly enjoy the process of drawing, but someone has to make the ideas and thoughts in my head exist, and since no one else can do it... I have to draw it. I do also like writing a lot, but the problem with that is that English isn't my first language, so I wouldn't be able to write an actual novel in it, but unfortunately it's also the only language I like to write in. Finnish is terrible for creative writing that isn't poetry, it's just super awkward. So the middle ground, comics, I my thing more than anything, though I do also like writing scripts and dialogue for games.

I've always been such a daydreamer, I can think about my stories and characters for hours, wish I was as productive when it came to actually drawing and writing them out xD I would love to have art friends to talk about all my stories with, even make something together, but at this age that's hard to find. I've had several over the years, but one by one everyone has given up on art, and now I'm alone with it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I get some ideas time to time and I mostly write about them in either here or on my tumblr account. Most of them are related to gaming and fiction overall. In the best times I have lots of different ideas and I sit down in front of my computer, ready to write but after staring at the screen for a few minutes, I just give up because I think that in the end it will be pointless.

I also talk about stuff with my friends and family, gaming, politics, stuff about life in general and etc...

I used to have a diary during high school, but then kinda stopped writing. Most of it was just some high school angst and going trough those old entries today makes me cringe.

So in a nutshell I write about stuff to either here or my tumblr, but I also keep a lot of that bottled up inside my head. If it`s school or living related, I just chat about this stuff with either my friends or family.

Pandymint

Awards
I tend to keep them to myself, to be honest. Don't really write them down, either. Occasionally, I'll talk to someone but there's not many who could actually put up with the thoughts that come up in my mind.

That being said, I've done some writing here and there. Wrote nine chapters for a story I consider extremely therapeutic because of how I wrote the main character. It was very very taxing to write, and let me work out a lot of issues. However it did give me some really amusing moments, like this:

"It's days like this that make me want to..."

"Put a panda in a lumber mill?"

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I like talking about it to friends. Sometimes it's nice to be able to just talk about the mess in my head and how I find myself lying in bed asking myself super irrelevant questions because my mind won't ever shut up.

I'm not sure about art tho. I love writing and write a lot, but mostly brutal stuff and I wouldn't consider my daily thoughts to be cruel. Hm.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I sometimes talk with friends about my thoughts, or I usually keep them in my head.
I use to have a journal till my mother "accidentally" read it. Yeah.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
A mixture of keeping it in my head, talking to close friends or S.O, or as I've recently started doing is keeping a journal. The journal works for getting the really tough thoughts out especially when you don't know how to make it receivable to those you'd normally vent to. There's always categories of what is acceptable to say to my coworker, what is acceptable to say to my acquaintances, what is acceptable to say to my parents, what is acceptable to say to my siblings, and the list goes on and on in a weird spectrum of filtering. All is acceptable in the journal

SoulXaldin

Awards
I mostly keep my thoughts to myself by expressing them as like tiny little monologues in my mind. Most of them I don't talk about with others, so I tend to vent about them to myself (sad, I know). There is one specific other place where I talk about a certain subject: a journal I created in the Notes app in my phone. Just a space to also vent lol. Other than that, I personally believe using any other medium to express my thoughts, to me, is a little cringe-inducing.

Last edited:

ZgermanGuy

I work them out all by myself mostly and if I cant keept them in my head any longer I write them down. Mostly for the scripts for my videos

komodoturtle

Since I have to do so much writing for my work, I am normally too burnt out to write things down.
Though I have been trying to get more into creative outlets rather then everything just being dedicated to my Science!!

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I've had a running journal since 2009 which over years I've moved from google blogger to wordpress and now most recently to day one. It helps me put into perspective where I have been mentally over the years.

Odrikah

I've tried starting a diary several times but I can never bring myself to go for more than a week for some reason. I always forget or get bored. Instead, I have all of these little notebooks that I've filled with artwork, scribblings, lists, notes, and songs I've written to express my feelings. A lot of the time if I'm feeling an emotion or have been thinking a lot about something I'll talk to some of my friends about it but even then sometimes I have trouble expressing myself properly or don't want to bother them or I start having intense anxiety about how they would react, in which case I, as I said, go to the notebooks, and if that doesn't work I just keep it in my head until it goes away.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Monologues at dawn and dusk, and all my poetry notebooks...
that... besides art

moonstar_xo

I have a journal that I like to write things down in. I don't do it daily, though I feel like I should. It's mostly just when I have a lot going on and need to organize my thoughts haha

redcrown

Awards
I throw my subpar soul against the wall and watch it erode revealing its lack of essence and substance, as it stands as a mirror of warning to refrain until I throw my emotions as paint over it again.

Wire

I keep them in my head. I tend to think about the same topics and questions all the time, so I never really forget them. I also try to integrate them into my poetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back