• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where do you put your thoughts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace

Awards
I usually keep to myself, so my thoughts usually stay in my head. If it's something writing related, I try to write them down with pen and paper until I can get home to type them up.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Different thoughts different ways I guess. If thinking about life and the big picture I talk with friends. If it's new ideas, projects, things I want to try I tend to work on my laptop. For imagitive things I keep it mostly in my head, partially write it down as stories or draw my characters so I can picture them clearly.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I usually just write them down in small notes on my phone. If they're really long I write about them in Google Docs though.

That's a sweet habit that reminds me of a friend, she also often typed thoughts out in notes on her phone, sometimes while on the bus and then telling me about it~ I find it nice

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
on a Mac so I just the notes app

diddlyin done w/ all these fancy custom note apps. all I need is a checklist and some bullet points and I'm good.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
in the freestyle rap thread, fools.

nah lol i just talk with my friends and vent. i did it too much before but i think i found a reasonable middle ground that involves pretending to be funny and keeping conversation varied.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I put most of my thoughts into my MySpace blog, mostly because I know no one will ever read it.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Finally found some time to answer the questions properly.

• Where do you guys put your thoughts everyday? Do you blog about it? Do you jot it down the old fashion way by putting it into a journal or diary? Do you record your thoughts through a microphone?
So, like I said, in the present, I got these poetry notebooks and all my art in which I pour my thoughts and feelings into, often not sharing them with anybody. A few times I shared some poetries with... specific people I was or am rather fond of. Or sometimes with my classmates from the philosophy uni, they are great audience, some also write poetry so the vibe of sharing stuff with them is definitely different (and surprisingly more pleasant than sharing poetry with my classmates from the art uni... too shallow).

• And have you ever read someone else's diary, journal or blog? Has someone you know ever read yours?
I only read a few pages of diaries of a few close friends, back in elementary school, when I had this group of female friends with whom I could do girly things and thus we sometimes shared diary entries with each other. Now, later on, I never share my diary with anybody, my high school diary that is. Exception was my bench mate and best friend back then, and I shared only 4 specific pages with her, those 4 pages in which I analyzed her personality and her in general, 'cause I was really grateful that I got to meet her and that we could be close friends. She changed a lot since then, I... do not recognize the girl I knew anymore in who she is now, but I like to keep our message exchanges and stuff still pretty much the same, even though I am not feeling it anymore... not under the amount of fakeness she presents me :[

• Or in the grand scheme of things, do you keep it all in your head?
Well, no, but I would definitely love to express more of what happens inside me. Way more. Sometimes time and lazyness or 80% of the time the feeling that it's not worth it and that it is of no value culturally or artistically (even though I believe it is deep down), these things keep me from expressing it all too often.

• Do you like writing your personal thoughts on anything or not? Do you express yourself through art?
*sweats nervously * How you worded the first question made me think: yes, I love writing on park benches, desks, sometimes walls, I adore graffiti though I didn't practise it yet but I want to, I love leaving secret personal notes in the back of other people's notebooks, I love leaving all kinds of personal hints and puzzles wherever I can whenever I can and that intrigues the people around me xD But considering the second question, well, being an artist is the best worst thing I could have chosen to be in this lifeline. But visual art, which I study, is not enough for me. Not the way it is nowadays in general, economically-tainted.

Veevee

Awards
I put them in the notice section of my cell phone and a book, but the notices are always so short that I have a hard time understand what I meant at a later point in time. I should definitely improve that.
Considering dates, I always tell myself that I can memorize that which I can most of the times, but when I can't I sit there with an uneasy feeling and wonder what I was planning to do. If someone asks me then whether I have free time on a certain day, I'm in a pinch. :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
I put them in the notice section of my cell phone and a book, but the notices are always so short that I have a hard time understand what I meant at a later point in time. I should definitely improve that.
Considering dates, I always tell myself that I can memorize that which I can most of the times, but when I can't I sit there with an uneasy feeling and wonder what I was planning to do. If someone asks me then whether I have free time on a certain day, I'm in a pinch. :D
Veevee, as long as your notes are better than Jiminy’s idiotic “Naminè danken”, I feel like you’ll be fine. xD

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I have a personalized journal that I keep. Entries vary from what I did that day, to what I dreamt the night before, to what I'm feeling/thinking in the moment. I've only recently started recording the in the moment stuff to try and remember how i was feeling at that point in time instead of just recalling events

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I try not to have thoughts throughout the day to save myself from spiraling into my usual nihilistic insanity. An empty mind is a peaceful one. 8D

But really, I either just tell people what I’m thinking because it is nice to talk about things with people and then to learn about their own thoughts, or I write it in my Notes app if they are something I think is worth analyzing later on. Most of my thoughts blossom into story ideas because I love thinking about “what if”s.

If it is more basic stuff, I remember it without really needing a reminder unless it is further down the line. I used to make checklists, but I found that I got too focused on those tasks and let it dictate what I could/couldn’t do.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm notoriously bad at diary-keeping, even though I have this unfulfilled objective of someday doing so comprehensively. I have a notebook I keep near my bed which was intended for recording dreams but I never seem to make the time for it. But I want tooo. I do consider writing highly therapeutic and have a lot of stories in my head that oughta make their way to the page. The stories I do write tend to be Classified Material but I'd like to move past that and put something out that connects.

Generally though my thoughts get cycled around in my head until I have some time to construct an internal dialogue around them and figure out what's going on. Sometimes I try to recreate these conversations with friends but they always seem to ruin it by not being me and therefore not immediately grasping what I'm struggling to articulate. Go figure. I prefer the euphoria of reaching my own innate understanding of some conflict or issue, but with people I'm really close to, like my family, it can be super vindicating to just embrace the echo chamber.

My mom once read a diary I kept when I was in middle school and it was pretty awful. I tore the whole thing up. She was actually relatively chill about it, but the stuff I was keeping in there was definitely for my eyes only and it took a long time to want to share anything with her again. On the other hand, I have a friend with whom I might as well have shared my diary (consensually), and that's a nice feeling. Having someone you don't have to hide from is definitely helpful.

I try not to have thoughts throughout the day to save myself from spiraling into my usual nihilistic insanity. An empty mind is a peaceful one. 8D
Hahaha truth.
Also this is weird but your sig is so relevant. That show is like a magnified conduit for how I view the world: flatly cynical, bizarrely scripted, and mainly livable contingent upon the amount of fancy chocolate in arm's reach. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back