• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where and when do you think the next Kingdom Hearts will be announced?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square Enix Presents at TGS 2021 announced for October 1st, 50 minutes long, though the preliminary lineup doesn't... erm... sound particularly promising lol:

It's also been noted that the SE Presents graphic sort of resembles the style of Marvel's logo, which I find unnerving given the E3 debacle, though probably reading too far into it:

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
More than likely no news til next year. Dreading that drought between the end of dark road and 2022

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Dark Road story updates return this month. A trailer highlighting what's next for the franchise like the one we got last year would be cool.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A title drop with the addition of a small teaser would be cool but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm more disappointed at the possible lack of FFXVI then anything else

Sorarocks93

Awards
Probably Jump Festa. Iirc Nomura liked to show stuff then when it came to KH.

Awards
Probably Jump Festa. Iirc Nomura liked to show stuff then when it came to KH.
Let's just be honest.

We're not getting anything until March.

The only reason some people still think we might get something this year is because Nomura didn't explicitly say "no news" or "don't expect anything until 2022"

He only ever said "taking a break from new releases" which some would assume only means "new games", and "we hope to deliver something in 2022" which still gives me the vibe that he himself isn't sure that they'll even make that date.

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
2022 march reveal with early 2023 date (maybe the same date used for KH3 and ReMind) sounds reasonable

Zackarix

Awards
I think so, but plans can change because they may have a lot to tell. The story is stil in the beginning :ROFLMAO:
They're probably going to rush to the end. The game isn't making them money anymore and we're lucky they're finishing the story at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, the notice implied there'd just be one massive dump to wrap up DR, rather than releasing the rest of the updates periodically. Since the game is still fully playable, I'm assuming they're going to make us work for them and won't automatically unlock in the theater lol

Gothtaku666

Awards
Many believe that Nomura meant to tell us that the next big announcement would be on the 20th anniversary and others believe that there will be a release on that date.

Let's remember that between the announcement of Melody of Memory and its release were only months, so it is possible that they will announce it only a few months in advance.

Also the end of Dark Road is scheduled for September, so it is possible that the expected announcement of Re:Union was not at E3 because the remake could have both games, and I think everyone who has seen the end of UX will know how closely connected these two titles are.

Nomura told us that, apart from UX and MoM, there were two teams working on the series right now, and by the 20th anniversary it will have been 3 years since the release of KH3.

We also know that immediately after the release they started working on the next title, with only a small part of the team was in charge of Remind, and we don't know how long the second team has been working with Nomura.

With all this information in mind, when and where do you think the next Kingdom Hearts will be announced? And when do you think it will be released?
If we get any announcements for phase 2 this year it'll be at TGS or jumps festa and Rather it Be a Verum Rex Spinoff or KHIV or both is a good assumption but I assume if anything it'll be next year I highly doubt we will get more than Dark Road this year but this is NOMURA so he may give us a treat with a nice teaser or a now in Development trailer let's hope for ether

AegisXIII

Awards
I think we might get a teaser with an updated version of the timeline for phase 2 very soon. If they are planning to release something for 20th anniversary (and I doubt it will be KH4), they will announce it a bit early so that the hype can appear.
My speculations are: TGS will reveal the final compilation on next gen for the 20th anniversary as well as a teaser/name reveal for the next big title that will come much later.

Awards
Why do we need another compilation?

The PS5 already supports PS4 games, and you can play the Xbox versions on the "Series" systems.

Back