• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where and when do you think the next Kingdom Hearts will be announced?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Liodin

Awards
Many believe that Nomura meant to tell us that the next big announcement would be on the 20th anniversary and others believe that there will be a release on that date.

Let's remember that between the announcement of Melody of Memory and its release were only months, so it is possible that they will announce it only a few months in advance.

Also the end of Dark Road is scheduled for September, so it is possible that the expected announcement of Re:Union was not at E3 because the remake could have both games, and I think everyone who has seen the end of UX will know how closely connected these two titles are.

Nomura told us that, apart from UX and MoM, there were two teams working on the series right now, and by the 20th anniversary it will have been 3 years since the release of KH3.

We also know that immediately after the release they started working on the next title, with only a small part of the team was in charge of Remind, and we don't know how long the second team has been working with Nomura.

With all this information in mind, when and where do you think the next Kingdom Hearts will be announced? And when do you think it will be released?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
December (Jump Festa) at the earliest, March 2022 at the latest

March is the anniversary month of Kingdom Hearts, they could easily release a video like they did in 2020.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm still fairly confident in the 20th anniversary coming next year. Though if the next game is somehow revealed earlier then they could still announce the rumoured Disney+ series for the anniversary

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with those that say it'll be December, if the game is to release near the anniversary or March if the announcement itself is made on the anniversary, though I also hope to get a game in 2022.

Noivern

Awards
IIRC what is schedulled for Setember is Dark Road's next update, not it's actual end? Regardless of that.

I'm expecting December to get some sort of announcement and then the next game should be hinted at the actual last Dark Road update. Then 2022 for the actual big announcements and stuff.

Like Magsy, I'm not expecting any new game to come out next year (although I wouldn't be surprised), but it's where any relevant news will show up.

AR829038

Awards
Let's remember that between the announcement of Melody of Memory and its release were only months, so it is possible that they will announce it only a few months in advance.
We can't expect such a short announcement-to-release window with the upcoming games. MoM was a game with barely any story, comparatively simplistic mechanics, and a ton of reused PS2 assets. It was a much smaller project than your typical KH game. If the next game is an intermediate entry, I'd assume a window of about a year from announcement to release. If a numbered title, probably anywhere between a year and a half to three years.

Alexxio M.

Awards
There’s also the Disney plus series to worry about I think that along with merch will come and or be announced on kh’s b-day

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Jump Festa or SE will announce an event in 2022 for a mega KH blowout extravaganza for March.

A project will absolutely release in 2022, though. If they are smart to get the full anniversary logo use, there will also be a new concert tour for 2022/2023 and a bunch of smaller games and projects lined up.

There’s also the Disney plus series to worry about I think that along with merch will come and or be announced on kh’s b-day
They’ve continually announced merchandise throughout the year so that isn’t really a big thing.

Back