• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When you first saw KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven1028

I'd seen the commercials for KH 1 when it first came out and thought it looked pretty cool but never got it. I forgot about the series until I was in 8th grade, 6 years ago. My science teacher and I would always talk about video games after school, usually final fantasy X, and after I beat that game he said to me "You know what you've gotta play next right?" and of course I had no idea. He told me I had to play Kingdom Hearts because it is the best game to date and the second one would be coming out in a few weeks. I was iffy about it so I rented it and fell in love. I beat the game the day KH 2 came out, the ending made me cry I'll admit it.

It is my favorite video game series ever and I have my teacher of all people to thank for it lol

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
There're so many threads on this topic :/

But whatever. I found a game copy of the first game while at my cousins graduation party. I read the back, saw the Disney characters and was intrigued so I asked him if I could borrow it.

Never gave it back :D

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
Lol i love these kinds of questions! (XP) Well when it came out i was 8 at the time. I saw it on disney's 365 (or sumthin like that) where they were doing a report on it. Back then, and ill sadly admit, i wasnt much of a video gamer back then. By the time I was 12 I sort of got into with Sora and Kairi stuff but then it faded out. A yr later after my grandmother passed away I was very depressed for a while and got into the Twilight Series (bleh), it was one day in February that I was listening to Rascal Flatts and rly loved the song. So I searched the song on youtube and found a kh vid. Once I watched that vid it got me hooked on the game for good. Now im proud to admit ive been a Kingdom Hearts fan for almost 4 yrs :)

Able_Beard

Banned
I watched the video promotion of it on Disney whenever it came out so that sparked my want for the game. At the time unfortunately I didn't own a ps2 so I was out of luck, but I always wanted it. Whenever I went to stay with my real father in Philly we went to my uncles house, where I played a lot of PS2 games. It was mostly Call of Duty and Need for Speed, with my cousins friend. But one day my cousin had to watch us. He had a room downstairs and me and my sister watched him play Metal Gear Solid 2.
Well I was snooping through the games he had and I saw Kingdom Hearts. I knew about it but never saw anyone play it. I asked my cousin if he would play it, but he said it wouldn't be something I was into, but I informed him I saw it on TV and really wanted it. SO he agreed to play it for me, and to be honest I got really happy. Well he was practicing in the Tournament for a really long time, and I began to get bored and asked him if he ever beat it. He informed me it was to hard and he was trying to get stronger before he beat it. Me and my sister then began to pressure him into fighting the boss. He did and defeated him. So I saw the ending before I even touched the game. Well this in the end only made my want turn into a need.
Also whenever my cousin beet the game it was two years after the game was released so news of KH2 was already on the way. So I knew about KH2 quickly after.
Well It was Christmas when I finally went home and my mom bought me a used PS2 with a random game. That game happened to be KH. I have been a fan ever since.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Um I was like 8ish? I dont really remeber I was just pretty young. We went to see my cousins in LA and one of them was playing KH CoM and I immeadietly fell in lovvee.
Then when I was like 10 or 11 me and my brother bought a PS3. The game to go along with it: KH2.

wii.red24

i actually got kingdom hearts as a birthday present when i was i think 7 maybe 6 1/2 i played com when it came out it was ok but im not a big fan of it, then when kh2 came out in 06 i saw a friend of mine playing it and i wanted it so bad so long story short i went home with the help of my parents i pawned a bunch of shit and went out and bought kh2, fast forward to bbs i actually ordered bbs from japan b4 it even came out here in america and i still bought the english bbs months later so yeah u could make the arguement that i love kingdom hearts like alot.

terra2.0

I was aboout 7 I saw the commercial and yeah it was like the music, the atmosphere, and the characters really grasped me. I got it that year and played it nonstop every weekend I could. It kinda consumed a large part of my life where I was writing about it at school's "What did you do this weekend" papers and pretending I was a keyblade wielder on the playground. And up until about 6th grade (When KH2 came out) I was hooked. I remember being stressed one week and thinking that its not all the drama in life thats important, only your friends, modeling my life after the lessons Nomura taught me. :) In a way it has been a huge part of my childhood and with the way it looks I would get any closure until Im like 30. :/

The 14th Order

I remember buying KH 1 with my birthday money the year it came out. I almost decided not to get it, but then figured "why not?"
I've been hooked ever since. Obsessed over it in my middle school years.
Pretty much childhood defining.

Youniquee

Awards
I've never played KH1. I was like 9/10 when my brother randomly brought home KH2. The little kid that I was, I was obviously intrigued by this manga styled characters and Disney characters cross over. My brother played it for a while, gave up. I got up to Xigbar then gave up because I couldn't defeat him. Then I forgot about the KH franchise completely, until about 7 months ago.

platinumrug

Saw the commercial, got incredibly excited about this game. I absolutely LOVED the theme song, I could sing the whole thing in japanese, even though I haven't taken one japanese class in my life. I was in middle school, I had a choice between either buying GTA vice city or KH... I chose KH obviously. (well my mother did, since at the time i was 12). I haven't looked back since, bought KH2 as soon as I could. Bought KH COM also.

Awards
I first saw Kingdom Hearts through somebody's VisualBoy, a GBA emulator. The first game I saw was Chain of Memories. When I first saw it, I thought of it as strange, seeing Donald Duck and Goofy accompanying a boy named Sora, which I thought of as strange since the first Sora I heard of was a girl in Digimon Adventure 01. Then I started getting interested once I saw the Keyblade. And things pretty much snowballled. Before I knew it, I was watching cutscenes and AMVs and started thinking this was the best for crossovers. I never played the other Kingdom Hearts games, by the way, only watching cutscenes and walkthroughs to get the story.

Kingdom Hearts is the best! Woo-hoo!

Apollo

Silver Member
My friend was super addicted to KH1 so he showed it to me. He was on Hollow Bastion and I feel in love right away after seeing how beautiful the world looked.

Rix

:)
Awards
Uhmmm.. I read an article about it years ago, and there was pictures of Atlantica SDG, so I thought it looked too silly.

A friend made me play it years later and I loved it.

Firaga013

When I was in seventh grade, there was a book sale at out school. My sister went with our friend. Our friend saw the second chain of memories manga on a shelf and told my sister about it. She got the book and showed it to me when we got home. We fell in love with it and practically started researching it on the internet.

stardustfire

i remember playing the first KH all of my childhood it was the perfect game for me <3 but to answer your question i first saw it at cosco (awkwardly) and it was sopossed to be a present for my cousin. but he didn't like it so i tried it out and it was AMAZING so my cousin let me keep it. so pretty much destiny brought us together <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back