• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When you first saw KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

peachei

Hey! I'm new here and i've always wanted to speak with people who loved KH as much as i did.
So, i would like to discuss what everyone thought when they first saw KH (whether it'd be from a commercial, trailer, or fanart etc,).

The first time I saw KH was in a commercial in 2002 (my childhood! D'x) and what first caught my attention was the theme song Simple & Clean, I thought it was so beautiful. And as I was watching the 20 second commerical I was amazed by this game. The idea of all of these Disney characters coming together in a game to battle along side a boy really blew my mind. Soo i've been in love with it since! Haha, so if you don't mind please describe the first time you saw KH! :D

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I was seven years old watching Disney Channel. The commercial came on and I wound up borrowing it from a friend when it came out. I couldn't figure how to get off the island -.-
A year later a different friend had it and I watched him play it. I got it for myself on Christmas. And then I beat it through all the way by myself.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Welcome to the KHI peachei!

my first time checking out KH was from my next door neighbor around 2002 when it came out, or was out for a few months.
We (my brother and i) always went over to his house to hang out and he was always playin kh. I watched him, the curious young girl i was, and was pretty interested in it (and the artwork i might add) as well as the disney characters incorporated in the game as well.
i thought it was a bit odd at first but i didnt start playing the KH series till KH:CoM came out on the GBA and thats where it really started.
i know it sounds wierd but this game ,and Tetsuya, have really inspired me and my artwork :)

peachei

i know it sounds wierd but this game ,and Tetsuya, have really inspired me and my artwork :)

No, i totally understand!! This game has inspired me so much as well, in my artwork and strangely enough, my outlook on life '^.^

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I was eight when my brother bought it in a store somewhere. He bought COM, told me that it was a cross-over of FF and Disney and got me excited. I watched him play everyday. I just got interested in the fighting and the story.
A few years later, we got KH1 followed by KH2. That's when I started following the series.

WaveK89

The commercial did peak my interests. However, being a game with Disney and knowing little about FF, I figured it was going to be an easy children's game. Obviously, I saw different when I bought two years later after my brother was telling me more about the game.

The KH series is what got me interested in the FF series.

magic713

Awards
I saw a commercial on Disney channel and I really wanted it. I was a huge Disney fan back then and the Disney aspect was what caught my attention. However, I didn't have a PS2 at the time so I decided to not bother buying it. Then a few years later, around the time KH2 was being advertised in the US, I played a few minutes of KH at my cousins' house and I thought it was amazing. So that Christmas, I got a PS2 and KH and I have enjoyed playing it ever since. It even got me interested in FF, so I am glad I got it.

valorform24

My dad bought it for me and my brother for Christmas. I was young so I watched my brother play it, and eventually get bored with it. I decided to give it a try and BAM!

Kairi831

My 2 older brothers introduced me to the first KH. Then my dad noticed I loooved the game, so he bought me KH2. Then I bought KH:Re-COM & 358/2.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
~ i first saw kh i think when i was still in middle school, which was about a decade ago. it really caught my eye, just like final fantasy X did. but, i didn't play either one of them till i was a senior in high school, which was about four years ago.

Last edited:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
My sister bought Kingdom Hearts before I was in school, and soon afterwards I started to play it. I was about 7 at the time, but
I've always been good at games. I've lived the series ever since.

Gram

Banned
Awards
1st time i seen it was the kh1 commercial :3 think i was...12 maybe?
got it xmas that year, aw fond memories~ :]

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Saw a commercial for KH2 on TV, and being the token macho 13 year old that I was trying to appear as, I thought it was stupid. My friend convinced me to try the first one, and from that day onwards I have cursed him for making me addicted to this awesome series.

Oh and welcome to the forums!

Blobbit

Awards
I was maybe about 7, and a family friend's daughter showed it to me. We went to their house a lot, so I was able to play it, but if I remember correctly I even beat the final boss which was a big deal for me :p The first KH game I actually got was CoM, then KH2, then Re:CoM, then Days, then KH1(I might've got this before Days, I don't remember), and I also have BbS! The fact that I'm still really young means that I can enjoy KH without having a job and all that for a while too! :D

Xemnasfreak

In The World That Never was hugging Xemmy
Well My brothers brought over KH and KH2 and their Ps2 to my house and my brother Robert showed me KH1 and so he started me a profile because all I ever played was LoZ so after I was watching the intro I became to play the game more. Then, when the game begin I wanted get through it and play KH 2( Hey Thats when I started to love Xemmy and I don't think Xemnas and Saix are a couple) but my brothers stop me and after I beat KH 1 I got to play KH2, but I got to play the game before I beating KH 1 because my bros didn't bring it but thats when I first saw KH

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I first heard about Kingdom Hearts from a friend who would always say that it was the best game he ever played. Then my best friend at the time told me it was terrible, stupid, lame, crappy, pretty much every bad thing you could say about a game. Back then I tended to hang on to every word he said because he was usually right about stuff. Then I saw some videos about it on G4 (back then it was Tech TV I think) and I thought it looked lame. I was used to playing games like Ratchet and Clank where you fight with a bad-ass wrench and awesome weapons that blow shit up. That was my kind of game at the time. So when I saw the video of Kingdom Hearts where you have this key, I was like "A key?! A KEY?! Really!? That's so lame!" I was also turned off by the Disney characters. I grew up watching Disney movies like everyone else, but I had no interest in seeing them in video games. I liked Final Fantasy but at the time, I didn't even know there were Final Fantasy characters in the game. I just thought it was the boy teaming up with Disney characters. So my best friend and I continued hating on Kingdom Hearts and we even made fun of my other friend for liking it. Lol, we were idiots!

So over time, I started hearing and seeing more things about Kingdom Hearts. Then years later, I was seeing footage of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on G4. They talked about it for a while on Xplay at TGS. By this time, I was much more open minded and thinking for myself. I also lost touch with my old best friend, so he was no longer an influence. I was impressed by what I was seeing. It looked like Sora was flying around. (he was doing the poster duty job in Twilight Town) I was starting to get interested in the series, but I didn't act on it. Then in high school, I met a bunch of friends who were also into anime and gaming. They would also talk about Kingdom Hearts and they told me to give it a try. By then I was certain I would do it, but I still wasn't acting on it yet. Then, my current best friend showed me KH1 at his house. That did it. Within the next few weeks I went and bought the game, and got hooked on the series. I played them all in the order of their release (back then, only 1, Chain of Memories, and 2 were out and there were slight whispers about a DS game in the works). Now I own and have beaten every game that has been released in the US so far. KH is one of my favorite franchises and I plan on playing every game that comes out in the US no matter what system they are on. Now, I'm an even bigger KH fan than all those friends who told me to try it.

Nothing is absolute. Even the biggest skeptics can be turned into believers and vice versa.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I guess I was 9 but a few months away from turning 10. I was watching TV and the commercial for KH1 came on. Simple and Clean was playing and when I saw my favorite disney characters in familar disney worlds flash across the screen as well as Sora, Donald, and Goofy together, I just fell in love with it. Literaly KH was love at first sight.

I would spend the next few weeks going to KB Toys in the mall and spend the whole time there looking at the back of the box for KH. But I had to wait until my birthday to get it. This was the same year I got a PS2 and when we went to buy my PS2 for my birthday I got to pick out 2 free games. The first one I picked was KH. I was so excited when I said it. My grandmother wasn't surprised she knew how much I was anticipating this game. The second one I picked I think was eithr Jak and Daxter or DBZ Budokai. Anyways I know I got Jak and Daxter, DBZ Budokai, and a Lilo and Stitch game that same year, but KH was my first choice.

My birthday came and I opened up my PS2 and KH. After the party was over I went into my room. It was around 9 pm I guess and I had the lights turned off in my room. I started playing KH and to a boy who just turned 10 the game was kind of scary. The dark area of the awakening with the beautiful stained glass floors and the heartless were so scary to me back then. Some strange voice asking me so many personal questions. It was like nothing I had ever experienced from a game before. I answered the questions as truthfully as I could back then. Then the battle with darkside took place and I was so scared I died the first time. The night of the storm on DI was scary too as well as running around in the strange dark world of Traverse Town while being attacked by the heartless. It was all so scary but that is what made it so exciting and fun! It was like a dark disney movie but still with humor and the epic hero feel of disney. To me it was the perfect game.

I would spend the next few years tracking down the action figures for KH, and anything KH I could get my hands on.

This game influenced me so much and taught me so many lessons that helped made me who I am today. The only other form of entertainment that has ever done that for me is DBZ. I guess that's why KH is my favorite video game series and DBZ is my favorite TV show.

And to this day the KH series still remains as my favorite video game series.

snow_flake40

Awards
I actually only found out about KH when I saw a trailer for Days two years ago. At first, I thought it was just another typical, very serious RPG, but then a bunch of Disney characters like Aladdin and Jack Skellington started cropping up. The trailer was still keeping it's very serious tone, even amidst all these Disney cameos, so I was rather intriuged as to what the hell it was.

It was only last June when I was ransacking the pre-owned section of GameStop that I found KHI. I remembered the trailer and decided to give it a shot, considering it was only €2.99 and all. I brought it home, booted it up and was utterly confused as to what was going on. One second this kid is falling, now he's drowning, now he's falling, now he's drowning, and now he's landed on a giant Snow White mosaic... Confusing.

However, I perservered through the insanity and found that the series is friggin' amazing. I was instantly hooked and still consider KH to be my favourite video game series to date.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When I bought my PS2 (in 5th grade) I got a demo to it with a trailer to KH (and a lot of other shit).
My dream had come true, a game were you can travell through a bunch of different Disney worlds and it turned out to be just as good as I imagined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back