• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When will 2.5 be announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hm... you have a point there. However, either my memory fails me, or there weren't any FM scenes with Lexaeus, Marluxia, or Larxene in them... so what about their absent silhouettes' battle quotes? Would be odd to have the others with English lines, yet have them remain in Japanese.

Why would they need to have them record anything new? Their battle quotes and grunts are already saved from Re:CoM...They can just stick those in. If they did want to go with a clean slate and start brand new, all they have to do is call them in and pay them for their work. It's not a complicated process.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sign

136199Goat

Why would they need to have them record anything new? Their battle quotes and grunts are already saved from Re:CoM...They can just stick those in. If they did want to go with a clean slate and start brand new, all they have to do is call them in and pay them for their work. It's not a complicated process.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sign
I'm saying that that's pretty unlikely to happen, unfortunately. Unless you have evidence to suggest otherwise.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm saying that that's pretty unlikely to happen, unfortunately. Unless you have evidence to suggest otherwise.

You're saying it is unlikely for them to reuse Re:CoM's battle grunts and quotes even though they've done it ample times in the Kingdom Hearts series? (reused Sora's lines in KHFM for the Enigmatic Man encounter, CoM's voices, flashback scenes in KH2 except Ansem: SoD's lines, Days reused already recorded lines for HD 1.5)

Or that it is unlikely to call them in to record battle grunts and quotes even though they have called in voice actors to record one or two lines ample times in the Kingdom Hearts series? (Called David Gallagher back in to record Young Xehanort's line in BBS after he recorded the one thing he says as Riku at the end of Blank Points, Hayden recording for the one line of Kairi's in BBS, the voice actors that recorded one or two sentences for Days in HD 1.5...)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Jason Dohring and Willa Holland also returned for their single-word lines in KH3D.

136199Goat

They didn't replace Lance Bass as Sephiroth in KHFM 1.5. They didn't even need to call in George Newbern, they could easily have just used his voice clips from KH2 or Dissidia. Yet still, we deal with Bass as the voice of Sephy in KHFM. This indicates to me that they won't bother fixing the voices of the CO members in KH2FM 2.5

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
They didn't replace Lance Bass as Sephiroth in KHFM 1.5. They didn't even need to call in George Newbern, they could easily have just used his voice clips from KH2 or Dissidia. Yet still, we deal with Bass as the voice of Sephy in KHFM. This indicates to me that they won't bother fixing the voices of the CO members in KH2FM 2.5
Replacing a voice actor is not what they're talking about so your example is moot.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not sure how the two relate. They could have changed a bunch of voices in 1.5. They could have had Doug Erholtz voice Leon instead of David Boreanaz, Mae Whitman to replace Christy Carlson Romano as Yuffie, Andrea Bowen for Aerith instead of Mandy Moore (since Mena Suvari is not her VA anymore), Hayden to redub Kairi in Re:CoM instead of Alyson being the voice, and the all-popular Richard Epcar to replace Billy Zane, but they didn't. Those were the voices in KHFM and they weren't going to change Lance Bass or anybody else just because they already have a new VA. The lines were recorded. (bar the silent-in-both-English-and-Japanese FM scenes) They didn't NEED to record new lines. This discussion is not about replacing voice actors, though.

For KH2FM it is 100% different. There is no English voice track for the additions made in that game, but there is for the Japanese voice track. Their will either take some old tracks for the battles against the Org members and slap them in, or call them in to add in new lines, and for all of the new scenes, they will have them dubbed by their respective voice actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back