• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When will 2.5 be announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
True enough, I'd hope that we get somewhat 'lengthy' trailers for II.5 and III at Tokyo Game Show, while D23 just gives more information, promotional media, and perhaps a few surprises. Sora's new outfit, perhaps?

We'll probably get a 2.5 trailer for sure. Not so sure about 3. And Sora's outfit seems like the most likely thing that would be unveiled next as far as anything "visual" is concerned.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We'll probably get a 2.5 trailer for sure. Not so sure about 3.

Agreed, I find it more likely to get 2.5 news at that point in time. [though all this consistent news stuff lately makes me slightly possible a I guess]

Aragem

I hope they release 2.5 for PS3, however, if they are going to release for PS4, then I'm going to expect more on that disc, like the rest of the games including Dream Drop whether in game or theater.

I always hated that they released the other games for handhelds because I'm not really a handheld gamer and wasn't able to enjoy them.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I hope they release 2.5 for PS3, however, if they are going to release for PS4, then I'm going to expect more on that disc, like the rest of the games including Dream Drop whether in game or theater.

I always hated that they released the other games for handhelds because I'm not really a handheld gamer and wasn't able to enjoy them.

Should KH3 prove too great a task to release by the time 2015 rolls around, I kind of want a full remake of DDD. Doesn't matter what console, but if the could make a Re:Dream Drop Distance for PS3/PS4, that'd be sweet.

I'd also be happy if they just turned DDD into cut scenes for 2.5 as well. And honestly, I'm wondering why they aren't already doing that (maybe they are...)

Aragem

Should KH3 prove too great a task to release by the time 2015 rolls around, I kind of want a full remake of DDD. Doesn't matter what console, but if the could make a Re:Dream Drop Distance for PS3/PS4, that'd be sweet.

I'd also be happy if they just turned DDD into cut scenes for 2.5 as well. And honestly, I'm wondering why they aren't already doing that (maybe they are...)

I have the feeling that they got something in the works right now. It makes sense to me that they would try to tide us over for KH 3, with KH 2.5. Not complaining, I would LOVE to play HD remaster version of KH and able to play or learn the story of Birth by Sleep. I just like the idea of having all the Kingdom Hearts franchise either in games or theater on my shelf for console without having to buy new handhelds.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Does anyone know what time TGS actually starts in terms of Western time? Japan is something like 12-14 hours ahead of us. So won't TGS start at like 6am for us? If anyone can clarify, that would be most helpful.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

RE:DDD would most likely be for PS4 around that time

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
RE:DDD would most likely be for PS4 around that time

It would work too, because you could remap the 3DS controls to the Dualshock 4 touchpad. But honestly, that would most likely be a lot of work and it would undoubtedly delay KHIII even more, so they're better off making it into cutscenes for 2.5.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone know what time TGS actually starts in terms of Western time? Japan is something like 12-14 hours ahead of us. So won't TGS start at like 6am for us? If anyone can clarify, that would be most helpful.

6 PM PST tonight.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
6 PM PST tonight.

So, that would be 8pm Central, yes? Nice. So, that means that Square might go on in the wee hours of the morning. I could be sleeping whenever they start announcing Kingdom Hearts stuff. That'd be nice to wake up to. So glad that I only have three hours of morning classes on Thursdays. Comes in handy for times like these.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, that would be 8pm Central, yes? Nice. So, that means that Square might go on in the wee hours of the morning. I could be sleeping whenever they start announcing Kingdom Hearts stuff. That'd be nice to wake up to. So glad that I only have three hours of morning classes on Thursdays. Comes in handy for times like these.

Yep, 8 PM Central~

We'll be covering updates around the clock so it'll be guaranteed you won't miss a single piece of news!

Aragem

Oh, I hope it isn't too long before they announce it. I get a little bit worried that they won't release KH 2.5, but I know that they will. What better way than to boost excitement for KH 3. Playing KH 1.5 is making me itch for KH 2.5.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh, I hope it isn't too long before they announce it. I get a little bit worried that they won't release KH 2.5, but I know that they will. What better way than to boost excitement for KH 3. Playing KH 1.5 is making me itch for KH 2.5.

Well, we know they're going to release 2.5. Nomura already sorta-kinda confirmed it. The question is: When will it be announced, and when will it come out for Japan? We're not going to get the Western release any time in the very near future.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not Nomura is going to keep his "one KH game every year" promise now that a lot of things are in development. If we assume that 2.5 is in the works, Nomura now has 2.5, FFXV, and KH3 to supervise all at once. We know KH3 will be released last, but with all those projects, I wonder if 2.5 might be delayed until early 2015. Either that or KH3 will be delayed until 2016.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm just not too concerned with a formal announcement. There were so many things they wanted to do with 1.5 that they couldn't because of time contraints, not too mention things noted by fans they could have brushed up on to make it a more streamlined experience. I'm of the mindset, I'd rather it be announced later in development (due to wait periods that extend to the extreme like FFXV) that way I don't bum myself out when news seems dry or get disappointed because they made an announcement but then weren't able to take their time with it. That being said, with KH in recent years, they've been very good about living up to the one game per year standard they set for themselves. We all know 2.5 will come at some point, let's just remember we got 1.5 barely over a week ago.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
True but how much could they screw up a remaster

That was more or less me trying to keep things positive but if that's how you want to go about it, be my guest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back