• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When to buy PS4 for Kingdom hearts? Bundles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
Hi all,

I've recently acquired some money to buy a playstation 4.

Amazon.com's asking price for a PS4 Slim 500 GB (with uncharted) comes in at around $250.00. I also likely need 1 more controller (~$45.00) and a 12 month pass (maybe, might just get 1 month pass).

$250.00 is a nice price for a PS4 bundle, the issue is that I don't care for uncharted. I care for mainly Kingdom hearts (1.5+2.5, and most importantly, 2.8).

So my question is, are there any Kingdom hearts ps4 bundles available? Does anyone know of the best time/site to buy a ps4? I've been watching the market for the past month+ and it seems pretty stabilized around $250.00 for a bundle that includes COD or uncharted (neither of which I care for much).

Any information would be great. I figured I'd ask here since KH is on top of my want list for ps4 (the only current game out that I'd want to play on ps4 is KH 2.8). Ultimately, I have no problem waiting some more time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
honestly if you only want one game for it then i cant recommend spending that kind of money on a system, let alone paying $60 for PS+ AND a second controller. it'd be different if you were going to play couch co op with someone, take advantage of the services like the free games and had online compatible games, or were even going to play it. seems a bit odd truthfully, are you planning on doing anything else with your system? have you researched many more games?

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
, are you planning on doing anything else with your system? have you researched many more games?

Absolutely. What I should have stated was that at the current moment in time, the only game I truly want to play (that I can't already play on my XBOX or ps3) is Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

I have a high amount of interest in Dragon Quest XI (PS4 Exclusive), Final Fantasy XII remake (ps4 exclusive, I think), Ni No Kuni II (ps4 exclusive, I think), Other final fantasy games, Tales of Games for ps4 (exclusives, I think). However, all/most of these games are future (some distant future) releases.

I also have my girlfriend here, who we enjoy playing any fun coop games with together, however, I've not heard of any great ones yet.

So, in short, I do not mind waiting some time, but I have a ps4 "fund" going because I know I'm going to want to play some of those games at some point. (also because I basically got free money for trading my items on the XBOX1 game rocket league for $250.00 :p ).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
okay that helps. honestly, i say go for a cheap bundle like uncharted at $250. however; if you have extra cash, look for a bundle on the system with a game you really want like the FFXV edition. there are plenty of JRPGs on the system, including the remixes on ps4 for $50, as well as persona 5 which has gotten universal acclaim.

on the local multiplayer front, things are pretty limited but this goes for the entire console gen. pretty much limited to indies and fighting games and it doesnt exactly seem like either is your cup of tea

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I bought the PS4 Slim w/ Uncharted during Black Friday in 2016. I paid for the same price and I think $250 is fair though I've seen cheaper deals.

For deals, check out r/PS4Deals

I too didn't care for Uncharted 4, but the game is fantastic. Honestly, it's one of the best story/single player campaigns out now. If I can't convince you, then please allow the amount of awards this game has received to do the talking. Between COD and Uncharted, I would go with Uncharted.

Honestly I think a KH 1.5+2.5 bundle would have been announced by now, but I could be wrong. Just don't get your hopes up.

Also, a second controller and the 12 month pass should be optional to you. The games you've mentioned are single player games (aside from COD). It doesn't sound like you'll be using a second controller any time soon. And you can add friends and see who is online without the pass, you just can't play with friends online.

To me, the pass is only worth it if you have lots of friends playing one specific game online and you want to party up. With the games you've mentioned, that would only work with Uncharted and COD.

Id recommend getting a PS4 Slim w/ what_ever_game and then order KH 1.5+2.5 for $50. If you get a deal, you'll be able to get a bundled system and KH 1.5+2.5. for under $300.

Please wait for 2.8 to go on sale. Do NOT pay $60 for 1.5 games. Instead, pay $50 for 4 games.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
Thanks for the help guys. I figured that it was unlikely that I'd find a more perfect bundle deal, ah well! I, too, agree that a $250 ps4 is fair value right now.

I'll definitely check out persona 5 based on reviews.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
You make a fair point regarding the extra controller being un-needed (so far, I've seen no real amazing 2 player games available for my girlfriend and I --- at least ps4 exclusives) and also the ps4 store being unneeded.

Thanks for that idea. By creating this thread I've gained that insight and also the insight that I need to check in with persona 5. :)

Scenario

Although this comes with a game you might not be interest in, you could totally try to sell the game, plus there's also potential to get into a number of other games on the PS4 in due time. I know that I can relate personally; I got my PS4 back in December of 2015 and it cost around $450 (it was a 1TB storage size, Black Ops 3 Bundle), and although I wasn't into many games at the time, more games ended up coming out that I found interest in, and over time, my preferences of video games evolved and I started playing more than what I was comfortable with in the beginning. Now I'm pretty much into all different kinds of genres of games, and my PS4 was probably one of the best purchases I've made.

Long story short, I highly recommend you get the PS4 bundle that you found, considering it's not that high of a price, and there's a number of games you'll probably be interested in as time goes on. I'm personally also waiting for some kind of Final Fantasy VII remake announcement soon (E3 pls come through). Hopefully that somehow weighed on your decision. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back