• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When Kingdom Hearts becomes a Dark Souls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Destinyislands88

The critical mode is the hardest difficulty mode on the franchise (Specially if you do a level 1 playthrough) compared to standard mode and proud mode, the damage you received from enemies is doubled compared to proud mode and tripled compared to standard, and the damage you deal to your foes is halved compared to proud mode and even more divided compared to standard mode. Critical mode is the definition of videogame hell, it becomes a Dark Souls.

okhi12

Awards
As many others I found proud mode much more easy that it should be, but I'm really enjoying critical. The heartless doll fight in Toy Box is a nightmare with her spinning attacks and all those possessed toys jumping into Sora, killing him in a breeze. I almost didn't care about blocking or dodging in my proud playthrough because Sora received so little damage from attacks, it wasn't worth trying to be good at the game. For critical, such a reckless approach is suicide, which is making me develop strategies and learn when to attack, block or dodge, and which keyblade transformation are better for certain fights. Attractions are turned off, I'm glad that is possible now. I'm liking critical so far, it is difficult but not to the point of being unfair, it just requires to actually pay attention to evade damage when possible. After getting cure, I never used a single item on proud, but critical made me remember that potions are a thing, haha. I fear that it will become easier the further I progress and once I level up, so I'm trying not to overlevel Sora, and to not abuse the stat boost items. If Toy Box continues to give me trouble I'll pay a visit to little chef and see if food is useful to me this time.
I have never done a lv 1 critical playthrough, but that must be too insane for me.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Me and Ovafaze were talking about this haha. He couldn’t get past the first Darkside and said “fuck this”

Back