• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► When Dreams Come to an End

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
This is a short story that I came up with and I just need some opinions on it before I send it into a publisher! So thank you and I hope you like it!!!!! :wub:

When Dreams Come to an End

Death was upon her as she crawled her way over to the nearest chair and pulled herself up, trying to regain some of the air in her lungs. While sitting on the chair, she looked at her wrecked body and then at the trail of blood that was once in her body but now leaked out of a few huge gashes in her skin. Her thoughts wondered on how she became this beat up doll and as the darkness began to fill the room; her memory took over all her senses.

One Year Ago

Evelyn a bright, adventurous lady was about to start a new chapter in her life and she wasn’t going to let the opinion of her mother stop her from going to the university of her dream. She stared at her mother’s expression while she continued to explain the benefits of the university where she wanted to spend five years of her life, fulfilling her goal of becoming a journalist. As Evy paced the living room floor, her brown wavy hair shifted in the air and her green eyes looked upon the woman who held her future in one signature.
“No, absolutely not! Do you realize how far away James Burrenceo University is? I would never see you and I couldn’t even afford to bring you home after paying your tuition.” Her mother, Clara complained with the same pouted lip expression she used every time she was upset about something.
“Mom, if you want the best for me then let me go. I will try it for a year and if I don’t like it or you can’t stand me being so far away, I will come home! Sound like a deal?” Evy explained, holding onto the finished application except for the final signature that was for the parent’s approval.
Taking the application, Clara signed her name and gave Evy a warm smile so that she knew she was proud of her daughter.

GodofDeath

Aeriona's Guardian
Normally I don't come in here...but for you I did :p

Anyway I just figured I say that I think your story is interesting so far and I hope I that I can read more. You got talent so please post more :thumbsup:

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Four months before incident​

Evelyn walked down the hall of the history department, searching for her professor’s name but it didn’t appear on the door it was supposed to. She heard voices, one of them was her professor but the others were men and her name was being spoken softly as if it was sacred or holy. She thought about why the men were searching for her since she was over thousand miles from home and only a few friends knew her schedule. In her hands were two books, one was the novel she was writing and the other was a journal where she kept track of her dreams. She pressed her ear against the door, trying to hear the conversation but all she heard were footsteps coming closer to the door and she took this chance to hide behind a file cabinet. She watched as three men walked out of her professor’s office and destroyed anything in their path. Before she knew it, a bulky man stood behind her and it was as if he appeared from thin air. She stepped back, feeling threatened and she ended up backing into another man.
“Evelyn Darius, I am guessing.” The first man said as the other grabbed her arm and turned it over so that the birth mark on her wrist could be seen.
Her professor could hear the whole conversation from his office but he ignored it and sat down in his chair while staring at the papers on his desk. He figured it was best not to get tangled in the affairs of his student especially when it has to do with these types of people.
With one swift hit to the neck, Evelyn fell unconscious and was carried off by the mysterious group of men. The whole campus would be watching them if they just carried her limp body out of the history building so they had a well thought out plan that made Evy a patient and the men were paramedics. As they rushed her to the ‘hospital’ they stuck a needle into her birthmark and extracted some blood from it. They never reached the hospital instead, they took her to a huge business building that wasn’t far from campus, and a room on the fifteenth floor would be her home for the next six months or so they thought.

Two Months before incident

Her senses began to return to her as Evelyn opened her eyes and looked around the dull room. There were two ivies stinking out from her hands and the bags that hung from above had a blue liquid in them. She sat up in the bed, confused and she began to yell for anyone but her voice just disappeared after her echo ended. Her head throbbed with pain along with the rest of her body and she stood up, ripping the ivies out of her hands. She walked over to the door as her blood dripped to the ground and some of it smeared onto the door knob as she opened it. The halls were empty when she peered out and she stepped out into the cold openness. She stumbled down the long corridor and it was then, she noticed she was alone.
From behind her, she heard a door open and then she was grabbed by a dark figure. They pulled her into a room and shut the door, quietly while watching from a window as a guard past the room. Evy stood close to this person as he examined the hall to make sure his cover wasn’t blown and then he turned his attention to her.
“Are you ok? Let me see you hands.” His deep voice said taking her hands in his and began to wrap them up after seeing the blood. “You have to answer me… Are you ok?” He asked once again, placing his hand on her cheek to get a good look at her.
“I-I am fine. Who are you?” She asked, looking at the masked man who was dressed in nothing but black and had a backpack on that contained various useful items.
“I am here to rescue you but it seems like you woke up faster than I thought you would.” He stated with a laugh and kneeled down while taking off his mask.
Evy’s rescuer had black hair that fell past his crystal blue eyes and he was the image of an angel. He was about six feet tall and his body was muscular. His description ran through her mind as she realized she had met him before but where would that be since this was clearly the first time she had been kidnapped. Suddenly, a thought came to her mind and she knew that the man who came to save her was the hero she used in her books. The guy who was always the one there when she needed rescued from dragons or from an evil villain and now he was in front of her, real as can be. Her eyes widened as she stared at him and reached out to touch him to see if this was a dream.
“Blake? Blake Forrester? Is that really you?” She asked, her hand retreating from his shoulder as he stood up and smiled.

Haku

<3
This is really some interesting stuff that you've got written here xD.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
“My name is Blake but I can’t tell you my last name unless you want me to kill you.” He said with a handsome smile and he loaded his guns while putting them into their holsters. “Let’s get you out here!”
Blake took Evy’s hand, while opening the door and running out of the room after he knew the coast was clear. The warmth of his hand was real and everything about him was so familiar but she knew it was just from her books. The alarm began to ring loudly as a guard noticed that she was missing from her room, and the security became impossible to get by as they made their way through the corridors. On the eighth floor, they reached a large open room which was once a cafeteria and he made Evy sit down up against a wall as he surveyed the room. After he finished, he kneeled down in front of her and smiled while checking her hands to see if the blood stopped gushing out.
“So you don’t remember anything, do you? I know I am not supposed to talk to you about these things but I don’t follow the rules.” He said, resting his arm on his knee and staring into her eyes while a serious look appeared on his face.
“I remember everything except for when I was knocked out by these three men. I am a student at James Burrenceo and I am eighteen years ol…” She tried to finish her sentence but he stood up, putting his hands on his head and walked away.
“You don’t remember. This is all a lie! How do you suppose you acquired the name of Darius when your mother’s is Davis?” He asked her, putting his hand on his hips and looked down at the ground while trying not to look at her.
“It was my father’s name then my mother remarried and I kept his name.” She explained, standing up and watched him as he laughed.
“Is that what they brainwashed you with? That story… Well, I guess our story was too difficult for them to put in your brain. Hypothetically speaking, what if that name was from your husband and you are actually twenty one. What would you say to that? Even more, me being your husband and the only reason you are like this is because of me. They didn’t want you to know because I am part of an agency and for your protection they brainwashed you with a false life.” He explained but before she could respond, about fifty guards busted down the doors and ran in with guns in their hands, surrounding them.
Evelyn held onto Blake as he wrapped his arms around her and just held onto her tightly. “All of this is a lie. Don’t believe them.” He whispered as they grabbed both of them and ripped them apart as she stared at him, trying to comprehend what he was trying to tell her.
“Evelyn, I love you. I can’t lose you again!” He yelled as the guards pushed him out of the room and he disappeared from her sight.
Once again, she was put in the same room and in the same bed as they stuck two more ivies into her arm and she laid there with no memory or thoughts. She was a zombie most would call her and even the thoughts of Blake disappeared until that certain day when she woke up.

Haku

<3
Another amazing desription of your writing talents well done.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Thank you all for your opinions... they really do matter!!! I hope you like the rest of the story!

A week before the incident​

Evelyn looked around the room, coughing from an illness that seemed to have snuck up on her and everyday was the same. She received food from a guard who would check her ivies and then disappear without any acknowledgement. Her heart was beginning to lose hope of ever seeing Blake again but his words rang through her mind as she thought about his story. She sat up in the bed while walking over to the door and she looked at the dried blood that remained on the knob from the last escape. The next day, a group of officers came into her room and took her to another area with more computers and yet another bed. She looked around at the group of scientist and then from the corner of her eye, she saw another man she recognized. It was one of the three men who attacked her at J.B. University, and he forced her to the bed.
“Evelyn, you are once again going to have to go through a procedure. You will have to just focus on your life and how it was.” The leader said, pulling out a vile of her blood and smiled while setting it in a machine.
“No, WAIT! Let me know what kind of procedure this is before you start….please.” She said, sitting up in the hospital bed after a man forced her to lie down and the machine with her blood began to make noises.
“You have been through this many times and every time we start it, you have to ask me the same question! Ok, we put you to sleep and give you back your memory. Sound good?” He asked, typing a few things onto the computer and watched the screen as a new window appeared on it.
“So I will remember everything…Blake?” She asked lying down while they began to put a liquid into a syringe and the man came over to her.
“Sure, you can say you will remember him before we start the second half.” The man explained, knowing she wouldn’t remember any of this conversation after the two week procedure was finished.
The leader placed the needle into her skin as the liquid was released into her blood flow and she was once again in a slumber.

Haku

<3
Loved the newest update, didn't expect it to be out in the same day though but great job though xD.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
The Day of the Incident​

It felt like she had been asleep forever when Evelyn finally opened her eyes and was in a bright room where nothing seemed out of place. She stood up from the bed that was much better than the hospital bed she had been using for four months because of her heart surgery she had to get done. The house was quaint and very familiar to her as she went about her way to the kitchen, pulling out food from the fridge and began to cook lunch. Two rings accompanied her ring finger and pictures of her and Blake filled the walls. Instead of being shocked about the fact she was married, she went about her day with the normal chores and making sure she had dinner on the table at six. Her long brown hair fell past her shoulders as she leaned down to feed Hunter, their puppy and she heard the garage door open as she stood up.
Blake walked into the door, throwing his coat on a hook and looked around the walkway as if something was different. Hearing his wife in the kitchen, his nerves settled and he made his way to see her. Evelyn looked around as Blake came up behind her and put his arms around her. While kissing her on the cheek, he stood there and thanked God that she was safe another day.
“How was work?” She asked, turning around to face him and put her arms around his neck while enjoying her husband’s company.
“It was work but today was fine; I am home now!” He stated, kissing her on the lips and then walked over to the table where dinner waited for them.
After dinner, the couple cleaned up the mess and retired to bed where Hunter followed and the relaxation was well needed. It was about midnight when Blake heard the sound of glass breaking and he slowly moved Evy from the bed to the closet. As he was setting her on the floor in the small room, she opened her eyes and grabbed a hold of him.
“Blake, what is wrong? Don’t leave me!” She whispered, barely awake and he took her hand from holding him before kissing it gently.
“I will be fine. I am just going to check everything out. You know how many threats we get but none ever pull through.” He stated with a smile on his face and shut the door to the closet.
They always had a plan for situations of a break in because the area they lived in is part of the bad side of town. The truth was that Blake’s job was more important than Evy knew and a lot of people were coming for him or to hurt someone dear to him. He snuck down the hall, searching for any signs of people or where they might have come into the house. Finding his way to a drawer, he lifted a piece of cardboard and found a gun he kept hidden while loading he saw the window they broke in to. He heard a whisper come from the living room and then the bark of Hunter as the intruders cocked their gun.
Surprising the two men who waited in his house, Blake put his gun to one of their heads and watched the other attentively. They held up their hands as a shot went off but missed Blake and he fell back as the men charged toward him. They both attacked his face with various punches and then they began to work as a team as one held him and the other beat him with their fist. Using his strength, Blake kicked the one in front of him while pushing on the man’s body to slam the other behind him, against the wall.
Evelyn heard a crash before she jumped off the ground and out of the closet, worrying about Blake’s safety. She ambled down the stairs and saw the reflection of the living room. She could see the two men and then Blake in between them. She rushed to the kitchen, grabbing a knife and didn’t have time to think about her actions. Her heartbeat quickened as she ran into the living room and charged after the two intruders. One of them pushed Blake up against the wall, hitting the light switch and light spread across the room while the other guy came after her.
“Evy, just run! They will kill you! I can handle them!” Blake yelled, trying to free himself from the man’s grasp but he was too weak.

Haku

<3
Yeah another wonderful chapter, can't wait to see the others to come after this update.

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Evy shook her head as one man approached her and an evil grin appeared across his face. She gripped the knife behind her back and the man attacked her first. She was very quick and dodged the punch thrown at her even though she could not counterattack. Seeing a chance, Evy punched the man in the nose without any harm done to him and she tried to use the knife in her next thrust but he ended up catching her hand in midair. He hit her in the face before prying the knife out of her hand and nodding to his partner who forced Blake out of the room. The man with Evy, grabbed her arm and stopped any of her attacks that she tried to use.
“We would like to teach your husband a lesson about working for the wrong company.” The man said in a deep voice as he stabbed her in the stomach and she fell toward him, gasping for air.
Blake tried to get free as he saw the shadow on the wall of what was happening but the intruder threw him into a room and kicked him around for a few more minutes before locking him in the room. Blake yelled for Evy as he slammed his fist against the door and began to cry because he knew she would be killed. He kept slamming against the door to open it but it didn’t budge and there was no other way out of the room.
Evelyn clenched onto the man’s shirt as he put a few more gashes into her body but then suddenly, he just threw her to the ground and ran out of the room. As before, she found her way to a chair and it was the only place she had energy to reach. Blake ran into the room as she began to fade out but she could still feel the warmth of his body up against her fragile body as he scooped her up in his arms.
“I am sorry.” Is all he could say before she blacked out and nothing was real to her anymore.
Evelyn sat up in the bed, in the same room she had began the whole procedure and nothing had changed except for her body; there were no gashes to be seen but only scars and she remembered everything about her life. She was just reliving her near death experience and why Blake decided to erase her mind. The group of men surrounded her once again and the leader of the scientist sat in the same chair while playing with an empty test tube that once had her blood in it.
“You are finished the first part, Evelyn Darius. Let’s finish this so you can go back to your simple life.” He stated as two men placed a helmet on her head that was connected to a computer.
“Wait, I remember everything… I know my husband… you are the ones who attacked our house.” She said, pointing at him as they tied her down and the leader laughed.
“Yes, we did. Your husband quit because he didn’t want to lose you so we lost you for him. Now, it is time to get lost again.” He explained, typing a word into the computer and a video of her peaceful life played on the screen.
It was the eighteen year old life who just went off to college and she was thousand of miles away from home. Her eyes shut as the medicine leaked into her ivy and the video began to play from the start and the machine started to erase her thoughts of Blake. The sound of gunshots could be heard in the halls as the door busted open and Blake ran in with two pistols in his hands. The scientist ran out of the room, frightened and the only two people left were the leader and a guard.
“Let her go. Stop the machine! I want her in my life.” He said, looking at the man who sat the computer while putting a gun to his head.
“You are the one who chose this option for her. Let her live a normal life!” The man sighed while pressing a button on the keyboard and the machine turned off. “The erasing is already done.”

Aeriona

GoD's One and Only
Blake looked over at Evy’s body and ran to her before taking the helmet off her head, keeping the gun on the man. She didn’t open her eyes and her body was stiff which meant it was true; her memory was gone and she would no longer know him. The leader jolted up, placing a gun to Blake’s temple and laughed, evilly as he realized that Blake gave up.
“She doesn’t remember me…again.” Blake whispered to himself and placed the gun on the bed beside her.
“It is time for you to disappear and go to the life beyond this.” The man said, cocking the gun and for a split second, Blake believed he was dead but no pain could be felt in his head.
Blake looked over at the leader and noticed him fall to the ground as Evelyn sat up in the bed while holding the gun.
“I remember you and I love you.” She said to him and smiled while getting out of the bed.
He grabbed her while wrapping his arm around her, placing his hand on her cheek and kissed her passionately for the first time in a year.
“I love you too!” He stated from the depths of his heart and took her hand in his while running out of the room as guards began to appear from down the hall.
“We will have to run for the rest of our lives. Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked her, glancing over his shoulder at her and busted through the entrance of the building.
“As long as I am with you… it doesn’t matter what obstacles we have to overcome because I know your love for me is more important than life itself.” She said with a smile and the couple disappeared from radar.

Sorry it is short but this is where my short story ends to be sent to the publishers b/c they only want a certain length..but luckly for you all, I will continue with my story unless someone has major objections!

Haku

<3
Late to reading the updates but they were wonderful as always and please continue xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back