• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When can we expect news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
It's been 10 days since D23 and I keep asking myself how the hell will they market this game, it has been so different from previous titles.

So, we have PAX East and Kingdom Hearts Union Cross a week apart from each other in April, the fact that Nomura will be on the Union Cross event makes me believe there will be some news about KHIII in both events, maybe a world reveal and new gameplay footage?

After this we will have E3, at this point, we expect the game to come out this year, the fact that they kept the "coming 2018" on the trailer makes me believe they are confident about the game really coming out this year.

Also there's the fact that Square is droping a bunch of titles between March and E3 in June.

This makes me believe we will get a release date there and also a BIG trailer with at least a world reveal (Frozen of course lol), more gameplay footage and some new cutscenes?

After that there's San Diego Comic Con, I don't think we will get anything there tbh, maybe something in Gamescom? But I really don't know what to expect.

Then we will have Tokyo Game Show in September which I hope will be the last spot they will use to promote the game, probably the last world reveal and a final trailer.

After that there's Paris Game Week, New York Comic Con, PSX and Jump Festa, I hope the game will be out by this events tbh lol if we get Winter release they might use PGW and Jump Festa eh?

I made this with the list Chaser had posted before.

Awards

Mess
toofunny2.gif

horto12485

Awards
Here's what i am hoping

Pax East & Kingdom Hearts Union Cross Fan Event-A Fan Event talking about Kingdom Hearts Cross Union. Nomura showing up not just talking about Union Cross but also talking about the Progress of Kingdom Hearts III too maybe give us a World Reveal (Treasure Planet for KH3) and Gameplay Features about how to play Kingdom Hearts III.

E3 2018: Now when it comes to E3 2018 Shinji Hashimoto is going to be pretty Excited about this year's E3 2018 and i hope we get a newer Trailer (Hopefully it's an English Dub and no more Japanese Dub) showing us San Fransokyo Footage and a Two New World Reveals (Jungle Book & Frozen:confused:) and to give us a Sneak Peek of the Final Battle. Hopefully show us at Least one or two Seekers of Darkness and Gummi Ship footage is Shown More Link Footage (Judy Hopps and Maui prehaps or maybe more Returning Party members from the Past Kingdom Hearts games)

Then at the Tokyo Game Show in September i hope this is where we get the Last Place where they can promote the Game so to give us a Last Two Disney World reveals (100 Acre Wood & Wreck-it-Ralph) and a Final Trailer showing us all of the Worlds (Both KH Original and Disney) and the Opening of the Game.

And as for the other Events i Don't know if Kingdom Hearts III will show up at San Diego Comic Con but maybe somewhere at Gamescon maybe a Demo and Also Paris Games Week, New York Comic Con, PSX and Jump Festa maybe it'll give us a Winter Release before the End of the Year and More Demos.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it’s hard to tell how the marketing campaign will play out atm, but PAX East and the Union Cross event will make the path to KH3 much more clear.

Option 1: If say, we get a separate world reveal at each event, I’d then expect E3 to have a playable demo and reveal a release date of September (if it isn’t already announced at one of the prior two events.)

Option 2: We get a new trailer and world reveal at PAC East which is then shown again at the Union Cross event, with an additional footage featuring Daybreak Town. Then at E3, we’ll get another world reveal and release date. Playable demo would still be possible, but could also be saved for TGS.

Option 3: If we don’t get much or any new info at either, I’d expect just another trailer, no demo, at E3 with one or two world reveals and a release date of late October/early November. Then TGS would be where we get a playable demo and any final world reveals.

I could be wrong about those predictions. But I definitely think how they market KH3 at these next two events will give us a solid idea of how the rest of the marketing campaign will play out.

Awards
I think it’s hard to tell how the marketing campaign will play out atm, but PAX East and the Union Cross event will make the path to KH3 much more clear.

Option 1: If say, we get a separate world reveal at each event, I’d then expect E3 to have a playable demo and reveal a release date of September (if it isn’t already announced at one of the prior two events.)

Option 2: We get a new trailer and world reveal at PAC East which is then shown again at the Union Cross event, with an additional footage featuring Daybreak Town. Then at E3, we’ll get another world reveal and release date. Playable demo would still be possible, but could also be saved for TGS.

Option 3: If we don’t get much or any new info at either, I’d expect just another trailer, no demo, at E3 with one or two world reveals and a release date of late October/early November. Then TGS would be where we get a playable demo and any final world reveals.

I could be wrong about those predictions. But I definitely think how they market KH3 at these next two events will give us a solid idea of how the rest of the marketing campaign will play out.

Wow, you have a good point here.

Awards
Thanks! I hadn’t thought of it until then; but if Daybreak Town is going to be in KH3, the Union X event is the perfect place to show it.

Yes!! it's too good of an opportunity to be wasted with only Union Cross stuff

I'll be keeping my hopes up because Nomura will be there but we are still talking about Square Enix
toofunny2.gif

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe we will see KH3 in some shape or form at the Union X event in April. Nomura will be there, so I kinda expect him to reveal how the 2 games will interact.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
As I said before and I think everyone agrees... If we only get 6 Disney/Pixar worlds this will be underwhelming AF lol

I actually don't want any more Disney/Pixar worlds for this game. At best, I'd love to see Wall-E in The Keyblade Graveyard but that's as far as it'd go.

Knuxpyro56

I still believe we will get 13 worlds; 8 of them Disney, 5 of them original. My guess, is that if the want to begin to show stuff at each major event for a December Release, then they could reveal 2 worlds at each event (E3, TGS, PGW, Gamescom). Of course one event will only reveal one world and i think that would be PGW

horto12485

Awards
I still believe we will get 13 worlds; 8 of them Disney, 5 of them original. My guess, is that if the want to begin to show stuff at each major event for a December Release, then they could reveal 2 worlds at each event (E3, TGS, PGW, Gamescom). Of course one event will only reveal one world and i think that would be PGW

Well i'm hoping that Treasure Planet is one of those Worlds to be announced at one of these Events.

Awards
Hmm Pax East is Possible for Kingdom Hearts III news to appear I'm hoping we get some KH3 News there with Either Atlantis or Treasure Planet being a World for Kingdom Hearts III.

PAX East is the perfect place to drop some news and even a new trailer... KH Union Cross event in Anaheim is only a week apart and since Nomura will be on the event they can re-show the trailer there and drop some new info...

As Zip said, we will have a more clear view of the way Square will market the game on PAX East/Union Cross event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back