• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your laughable video game villain?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

RonaldPoe

Awards
Have you ever seen a video game villain who looks so ridiculous, you can't take them seriously and/or laugh. I saw a thread on this somewhere and decided to make one here. I'd prefer people to look at said thread and pick some fresh fashion rejects. Also refrain on KH villains here.

The thread

General Tsao (yes he's named after Chinese food) from Sly 3. He's supposed to be a loathsome misogynist (he is) but he's still a chicken wearing armor. Sly Cooper is a cartoonish platformer and childhood favorite of mine. There's plenty more I could mention from that series (Sir Raleigh, Toothpick, Don Octavio and The Grizz come to mind) but most are more comedic.
1626302370741.png
Wolf Hongo from Die Hard Arcade. This terrorist leader looks like a cross between Heihachi (Tekken) and a mall Santa Claus. The subpar voice acting makes him even harder to take seriously. The game itself is a fun 3D beat-em-up from the 90's.

Demigra's transformation from Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Dragon Ball villains can look ridiculous but this guy takes the cake. He goes from a demon sorcerer to a goofy looking dinosaur.
1626302296903.png

The King of Worms (Atop the Fourth Wall). I know that's a webshow by a former Channel Awesome member but I felt like I had to mention it. The King of Worms is supposed to be a Lovecratian horror with the "Face of Fear". When he finally shows up, he looks like a Power Rangers villain (though that part might be intentional) wearing a silver smiley-face mask and doing a bad Bane impression. I cracked up when he first appeared but love the cheesiness of the design.
1626302497197.png

Honorable mentions (they were included in the thread) include Kuja (FF9), David (Killer is Dead), Seymour Flux (FFX), Shielbert and Sordward (Pokemon Sword and Shield), and a dozen others.

Attachments

• 1626302578623.png
    1626302578623.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

RonaldPoe

Awards
I looked up Jasper Blatt Jr. and wow, you're right. I've got a few more.

First is Koldan from Tattoo Assassins. The whole game is So Bad Its Good but this guy is no exception. He looks like a Mortal Kombat version of DSP/The King of Hate (a very notorious, incompetent, and obnoxious Let's Player) with claws. Physical cabinets of Tattoo Assassins are very rare (only a handful exist so most use emulation).
1626827089310.png
Next is Shadow Okumura from Persona 5. I love that game but some of the villains do look a little silly. This corporate executive has a sci-fi theme that brings to mind Daft Punk. There's also that fish bowl.
1626827230150.png
Survival Arts is an embarrassment to fighting games and Dantel (the main villain) isn't helping. To directly quote TVTropes, "The resident SNK Boss has been likened to a cross between Will Ferrell and Richard Simmons pretending to be a hybrid combination of Shang Tsung and Amakusa." Sammy should be thankful to be associated with Blazblue ...
1626827515751.png

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok so this guy:

Polygon_Man_%28Sony_PlayStation%29.jpg

Polygon Man. Originally created as a tech demo for the PS1 way back when, he resurfaced years later as the boss of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. So first off, we already got ourselves some red flags just for the mere association with that shitty game. But he manages to sink even lower by somehow being the game's weakest character. Yes, the boss in a fighting game is the weakest character. That's a special level of failure right there. See in PSASBR, opponents can only be defeated with super moves, all other attacks simply serve to fill the player's super meter (this was naturally a really dumb design that doomed this game but I digress).

But Polygon Man was the exception. Due to how the fight plays out, he can't ever be hit by Supers, thus he ended up being the sole character in the game who is damaged & beaten with standard moves! Oh, but it gets even sadder. Because he happens to lack any super moves of his own. Yep, he is physically incapable of ever killing the player! The actual "challenge" comes from his minions, who do 99% of the fighting for him. Polygon Man is just a mild distraction in the best case scenario!

WTF does that opening line even mean?!

Like people shit on SNK bosses for being too hard but at least they're doing their job unlike this doofus! The Tech Demo T-Rex in Astro's Playroom was basically Polygon Man done right.

EDIT: OK, so this post wasn't really about his appearance being what's laughable about him but rather his ineptitude.

Last edited:

RonaldPoe

Awards
Polygon Man does look stupid but his uselessness is worse. I feel Kronika (Mortal Kombat 11) is an example of what they were going for (a fighting game boss who summons minions often). She's actually difficult and far more interesting.

Soldier

Awards
1628220466664.png

You're all forgetting Mysterio from Spider man 2, the EASIEST boss in existence. He shows up with a massive health bar, but all it takes is a single hit to knock the nerd out.

RonaldPoe

Awards
Mysterio's design is pretty typical for him but his fight is an embarrassment (he goes down in one punch). Classic Pete was a joke to begin with (his attacks hurt him arguably more than Sora). I've got a couple more examples.

YHVH from Shin Magami Tensei franchise. This thing's supposed to be a dark version of the Jewish God. However someone had the bright idea of making him a giant head ... that looks like a goblin. Seriously this Green Goblin wannabie is supposed to be God. I'm not sure if that's hilarious or blasphemous (I'm Christian by the way).
1628266062441.png
Ameno Sagiri from Persona 4. Persona 4's a great game that I'd strongly recommend. The being behind the Fog turns out to be this giant disco eyeball. Despite Shoji Meguro's dramatic music, it looks ridiculous and nonthreatening. It's long hard fight and would've been epic with a different design. I think this would've made a more fitting boss theme.

1628265783095.png'

Last edited:
Back