• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your favorite collectable-gimmick in the main games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noivern

Awards
I'm talking about the Trinity spots in KH1, the Crown Puzzle Pieces in KH2 and the Hidden Mickeys in 3. I think each had a unique characteristic about them that can't be replaced: Trinity had cool unique animations emphasing the connection between the main trio, the Puzzle Pieces were fun to collect and had nice interactions with plataforming that made it worthy to level all forms to the maximum level (and the prizes were pretty good too), the Hidden Mickeys had the whole hashtag stuff from the photo mode.
Personally, I loved the crowns the most as they were simple in concept and execution, and I disliked the HM's the most because with all the detail and HD graphics of KH3 I found myself constantly scared of missing one and sometimes left playing sessions with aching eyes making sure I didnt miss one (but I like the concept of using the camera).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think for me it's the Trinity or the pups from KH1. I liked KH3's hidden mickey, but there's something nice about seeing the bond between Sora, Donald and Goofy strengthen and unlock new paths for them. I also enjoyed the idea of the pups, with Sora reuniting a family that was scattered.

The Hidden Mickey's are a nice idea, but the issue i had was similar to yours the details threw me a of a bit unless it was the mickey indent and I'd constantly see some where there weren't really any,

The stickers and Crowns in KH2 and BBS were fun, but they felt a bit tacked on. Though I did like the additional artwork that came with the puzzles.

I do hope that in the future they could include the Experiments from Stitch as the collectibles, with you having to beat a few to collect them.

okhi12

Awards
Trinity marks and crown pieces. Also the arts rewarded by white mushrooms if that counts.
It was fun traversing Tebas to look for those golden Hercules toys, although that's a minor collectible.
Oh, and I absolutely loved the objectives from 0.2 that required to find the gems in the mine, the flowers in the dark forest and those lingering memories symbols in each zone.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It use to be the Trinity Marks, and they are a close second, but I really love the puzzle pieces from KH2FM. They are fun to figure out and piece together. I wish KH3 had them.

disney233

Awards
Trinity marks and crown pieces. Also the arts rewarded by white mushrooms if that counts.
It was fun traversing Tebas to look for those golden Hercules toys, although that's a minor collectible.
Oh, and I absolutely loved the objectives from 0.2 that required to find the gems in the mine, the flowers in the dark forest and those lingering memories symbols in each zone.
Those objectives were nice. It's...honestly, a shame those kinds of objectives didn't come back in KH3...Or did it? I don't quite remember.

Noivern

Awards
The Hidden Mickey's are a nice idea, but the issue i had was similar to yours the details threw me a of a bit unless it was the mickey indent and I'd constantly see some where there weren't really any,

I do hope that in the future they could include the Experiments from Stitch as the collectibles, with you having to beat a few to collect them.
That definitely happened with me too! After I while I started to get really paranoid seeing Mickeys where there were none. I think they definitely could have gone with a slightly different approach for them (like getting a small popup warning us that there is a hidden Mickey somewhere in this map, or maps with Mickeys having something in the minimap to showcase that like a different colored border or something? I think Donald and Goofy say something similar but I honestly don't remember)

And the idea for the experiments is really good! They could definitely go wild with that but with how Lilo Stitch is kinda all over the place in KH with Stitch just randomly showing up in Radiant Garden, who knows.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I loved the Puzzle Pieces the most because it really rewarded exploration. Stickers in BBS were pretty great too for the same reason.

Eonstar890

Awards
Personally the trinity marks were my least favorite of the collectibles since most o the time they felt like a chore of having to revisit worlds after unlocking a trinity. Then comes the puzzle pieces for KH2 simply because I like the way stickers in BBS work better since there is a sense of customization with those.

For anyone who has played BOTW, I feel like the shrine sensor system in that game would have been the perfect remedy to Hidden Mickeys since it would have allowed people to use to get a sense for if there was one nearby without forcing them to use it. For me honestly I had a harder time completing the treasure chest list than I did with finding all the hidden mickeys. The mickeys appear in the journal in the order you would encounter them story wise (more or less) which made it easier to narrow down the locations.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Special shoutout to the Red Trinity in Halloween Town that was actually permanently missable in the original version.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Crown Puzzle was so fun! I also liked collecting the Dalmatians, so I was a little bummed that the "leak" or speculation as a better term about collecting the experiments was a lie. It would be awesome to have to fight some of them to turn them back into orbs and collect others as orbs across all the worlds and return them to Lilo or Jumba for rewards. If we keep cooking with Remi possibly opening up a new restaurant to keep the food mechanic, give us a collectable like the experiments, and give me puzzles then I'll be golden.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Crown Puzzle was so fun! I also liked collecting the Dalmatians, so I was a little bummed that the "leak" or speculation as a better term about collecting the experiments was a lie. It would be awesome to have to fight some of them to turn them back into orbs and collect others as orbs across all the worlds and return them to Lilo or Jumba for rewards. If we keep cooking with Remi possibly opening up a new restaurant to keep the food mechanic, give us a collectable like the experiments, and give me puzzles then I'll be golden.
If cooking returns I'd love it to be with Tiana and Sora (or who ever the playable character is) collects new recipes from different worlds. Like there could be an Destiny Islans fruit salad or fish dish.

Back