• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your favorite _____________ in a Final Fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Yeah, so obviously people have favorite characters, monsters, songs, artwork, etc in Final Fantasy. So what we'll go ahead and do in this section is create a thread that isn't as arbitrary as some of the ones we've had in the past that I've had the pleasure of baleeting. So, in your own words tell us with your seemingly unbridled passion what your favorite __________ is from the Final Fantasy series and why. Also, enlighten us by posting pictures or YouTube videos. Your description is to be ONE PARAGRAPH in length (at least four sentences) but feel free to elaborate more so. I encourage it. Tell us why you like this character, why you love this song, or why you love the artwork you present. Anything less is getting baleeted. One paragraph for every item you're explaining.

If you have something that isn't your favoritest favorite of favoritey things, you can still post it and do a little write-up. Just make sure it adheres to the above rules. :]

(PS) You aren't allowed to reply to others' posts. Your post is your personal soapbox. Make your case as you see fit. I've seen some flaming for pretty stupid reasons in this section (I don't give a fcuk if you think you "hate" FF7), so be useful and do something productive and for the benefit of your own shred of sanity.

Enjoy~:3

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
What's your favorite _______________ in a Final Fantasy game?

Favorite summon: Leviathan

He's the MP deficit man's Bahamut. His most infamous move, Deluge/Tidal Wave also made his fight harder than any other fightable summon monster (to me) since it would most likely knock you into critical when you can first fight him with a chance of winning. Not to mention that he is the fucking king of the sea. Also, first summon I ever saw, via the FFVIII demo (part of the reason why he was always junctioned to Rinoa in my game). The games I've seen him in are 2, 3, 4, and 8; but out of those 4, I prefer IV, since you have to battle the summon itself, and because he's given much more spotlight than in any other appearance I've played.

Last edited:

Reifon

Re: What's your favorite _____________ in Final Fantasy?

GIF__Sephiroth_by_Gir4prez.gif

Favorite Villain:Sephiroth

He's the badass that wields a six foot nodachi with one hand. The only Final Fantasy villain to become evil over a misunderstanding. The very same villain that pissed off an uncountable number of fanboys when he killed Aerith/Aeris. The haxed villain that continues to get brought back to life in order to die again. The only villain that makes walking through fire look badass. Also, he's the one who figured out what a Supernova is mathematically.

Not the same video, but better, thanks Sham

afrobutt

Silver Member

favorite job class in ff: monk (aka why monks are the only class in ff games with classes that matter)

if you don't know what a monk is a monk is a man (or a man) who wears little clothing and punches guys in the brain tank and draws limitless amounts of energy from no specific source. synonyms: black belt, master, Chow Yun-Fat

roles of monks in final fantasy games

final fantasy: the "secret" class of the game. with a team of four monks this game is like choking a baby (a team of 4 masters can beat the final boss in two rounds*)

final fantasy iv: yang is this games monk and he is incinerated within an exploding tower yet still lives and is next found in a house filled with fairies which sounds gay but the sylph live across an ocean of lava from where he got rocked so the only reasonable explanation is that yang, with a large piece of stone stuck into his leg**, swam across a large mass of lava but was unfortunately a massive lolicon** which is how he ended up with the slyph

ffvi: not only does sabin represent the established role of a monk having infinite amounts of energy with which he performs "blitzes" which do things that make no sense (like making a small army of fire-based sabins that collectivity slam into enemies), but he is also the only member of ffvi's cast who does anything meaningful in the world of ruin. while everyone else was getting wasted, trying to kill themselves, and joining kefka, sabin was busy saving the innocent and scoring ass.

fft: if you add the "equip heavy armor" ability with a monk, you create a unique class called "walking tank"

characters who are mistaken as monks and their actual classes (aka i hate these people)

• tifa (easy)
  • zell (cartwheeling chicken-wuss)
  • amarant (blue skinned dude who sneaks into your house at night and kills your parents but lets you live)

monks i didn't mention because they aren't important or interesting

amanojosef.jpg

VargasFF6.gif

*truth

**i made it up but it's probably true anyway

Last edited:

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

My favorite character of the series is Cloud. It has been him for 10 years. Many people here spit out the word "emo" as a natural reaction whenever they hear "Cloud" but I think he is a way awsome character. He is sophisticated, deep, and has a very interesting past. He's hair is totally rad and he wields my favorite weapon of the series, the First Tsurugi. He is a hero but he doesnt act like one, just very shy, and thats what made him stand out to me.

My favorite song in the series is The Price of Freedom from FFVII Crisis Core. Its very heroic and fits Zack's honarable and tragic story. I think its a really sad song, but the guitars and violin suited the moment perfectly. Something about it is so sharp and seems to give that empty, yet strong feeling inside. it wasnt in the original FF7 bt it brings memories of the game.

My favorite scene is Sephiroth vs Cloud in ACC. What can I say, its an amazing battle, especially the part where Shinra building collapses and they clash on the pieces. Plus its the first time I've seen such a realistic fight in Final Fantasy. Or if we only count the games, then it is 1000 Words in FFX-2. It is really sad, and creepy at the same time. Altho the characters dont speak to one another, the tragic story of Lenne and Shuyin is kinda told with the music. Mix it with some hot girls and a sweet song, and it's love to me.

Last edited:

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

My favorite chararcter is Zack Fair, he really was one of thee cooler characters, but didn't last long. He was actually a normal non-emo FF character for awhile. Another thing that I liked about him is how he was such a good mentor to Cloud when he was just an infatry man for Shinra. Zack also happen to go out with a bang when he died, how talked about dreams, honuor and all that crap is besides the point of his death. He is just all around cool in my book.

My favorite FF song would have to be the original orchestra version of "One Winged Angel", the way that song comes together is really nice and epic. The rising of the tempo and beat to it really flow with this original FF song. The chanting of Shephiroth through the song truly make it a theme for the Soldier First Class Sephiroth.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Favorite character:
Angeal.jpg

Angeal.
Fucker died too early for me, though :<. My reasoning is that comparing how to Zack and Cloud wielded the Buster Sword, they held it with two hands, yet Angeal did it like a boss and grew an angel's wing and held it with one hand. And he never liked fighting with it, he was afraid it would rust or become damaged.

Favorite song:
-video won't work- ;-;
The legendary, "Those Who Fight Further". Just a total badass guitar song from FF.

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country

Favorite Character Theme: Kefka - Final Fantasy VI

During the start of the game, I wasn't that interested in the story line. I mean the whole "rebellion" story was somewhat cliche in my head. But once I got to Figaro, I was just looking through the story and then out of no where this music just hits me. I was like "Holy shit, was is that? That sounds great." And through the rest of the game, I just waited and waited to hear that music some more, because I knew when I did, the best character in the whole game was going to come out. This theme just makes me feel great every time I hear it. For some reason, this music just fits him perfectly and I can't really put my finger on it. It just seems to have that sort of Circus Clown feel to it, which might be why it relates so well.

Kefka's theme: YouTube - Final Fantasy VI Music - Kefka (Sorry, don't know how to post it in the video format just on this website, If someone tells me I will edit)

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

I'm gonna take this shit way too seriously oh well...

Favorite Game: FFXII
432px-Ff12_logo.jpeg

I've been ordered to rewrite this on the fly to better express how I feel about the game so yeah here goes.

Why I love FFXII:
What set XII apart in my eyes was the fact that when I saw it I didn't think of any particular Final Fantasy game like VI or X etc, I simply thought of Final Fantasy. What that means to me is that XII wasn't trying to recapture the fans of the previous successful game but instead fans of the series as a whole, I could careless whether this worked though because I enjoyed the game. I loved the battle system, the characters, the art, everything and it just reminded me of why I still play the series and why I got into it.

The main reason I liked XII was because of it's lack of over the top drama, yes it does have drama but not on the scale of a playable anime version of The Hills. The conflict in XII is not interrupted by "OH NO U DIDN'T"s or teen romance, it keeps a steady pace and focuses on the task at hand: Stop the Empire. A rather "simple" goal that didn't need any extra distractions from the main characters. Some might find that as boring but I found it refreshing that I didn't have to sit through a moments of two teens playing eye footsie or having two character main characters work out their bullshit conflicts with each other, even typing about these situations is pissing me off so for XII not to have them was fantastic. I'm not against romance or love and there is love in this game, it just isn't fangirl fodder or cliche boy meets girl, it's already established relationships that do not need the prying eyes of inexperienced young teens to confirm them. The political drama that the game has isn't even that dramatic, albeit the music says otherwise but it all happens behind closed doors that it almost doesn't seem like it has any real effect on the party, just like in the real world. Unless you know about the themes of FF, the want to disrupt the natural order of the world seems more like a front for mere power over Dalmasca and Rozarria when it is indeed the opposite. Yes, Vanye wants power but not royal power over the Galtean Peninsula because that could be gotten simply by negotiation or bloody war, he didn't need the Nethicite but he did need to acquire it in order to overthrow the Occuria, that's not politics it's just crazy villain mentality. The politics is more or less on the side of the Senate and the issue of not wanting war not the issue of stopping a complete change of global power.

Another factor was characters. I've never liked having characters being one set extreme, .ie. young lead following his destiny, spunky annoying girl, nice princess who is always nice, etc. I instead liked characters who were like people, they change with every situation and don't stick to one persona. The thing with XII is the characters don't wear their feelings on their sleeves and you have to pay attention, look at body language, read, analyze just to get the gist of what new emotion they are feeling for that moment and I fucking loved that shit. I loved thinking about why does Balthier leave his father's side? Why didn't Gabranth kill Basch while he was in Nalbina? and such. I've never felt the need to think about character motive or actual feelings when playing previous FF's since most of the time it was understood at first glance or explained in dialogue and didn't really need to be questioned but not in XII. XII makes you ask yourself the question, "What the hell is going on and why?" some can't answer this question and find it insane to not hand feed info to the player but thinking should never be frowned upon in my eyes even in a video game. Having to think about XII made me go back and think about IX, VIII, VII, etc to see if I fully understood the what and why of the games and it's characters. XII was the second post-FFVII FF game that had characters that I couldn't hate, the first being FFIX, I loved everyone in this game and understand why they did and acted the way they did. I didn't feel confused by their actions or personalities even when it was the complete opposite of mine, I still genuinely liked everyone including Vaan. I don't get the fascination with judging a character solely on their appearance or not taking the setting of the game into consideration, because based on appearance nearly everyone in XII failed to adhere to their assumed cliche. Vaan isn't that feminine, Ashe isn't docile, Penelo isn't annoying (to me), blah blah, etc and honestly no matter how hard anyone tries it's a damn stretch to make any of the characters conform to an preconceived image or to make what they are negative because they didn't follow the formula. I could go on and on about how I love the characters and I will further down.

The battle system of XII is another aspect of the game I loved simply because I could actually run away and not have to try to flee for 20 sec. I never played FFXI so this system was new to me and I liked that it combined RPG elements and allowed you to move about and not have a damn loading screen into battle. I mean what the fuck is up with that shit and why are we going back to it? Do I need to have a mini-visualization when I run into a monster? No you don't but oooooh it looks so pretty so it has to be in the next game lololokitaselolololol. It's fucking stupid to include it when we shown that it isn't needed and is just a waste of space, aaaaaah. Back to XII, anyways I felt freedom for the first time in battle and even though I never considered wanted it I was glad to have it. I've never been able to run in a circle around a rock from my black mage character who is confused and has a spear in hand ready to kill me and enjoy it so much. Basically the battle system was fun to me, it could be a bit repetitive but certainly not on the scale of the precious random battles that clogged my screen. After the main battle system comes the gambit system, all I'm going to say about the gambit system is it is an optional feature that I thought was great and could turn on and off at will. I also liked the license board because I could customize my characters however I wanted and either make them all carbon copies of each other or all different jobs, that is overwhelming to the lazy but for me it was interesting to see just how much I could do to each character. I do wish there were more variety in attacks but I was stratified with XII's system and wish to see more of it in the future but ohohohoho certainly not in the near future...aah.

Next is the story, ahahaha. I fucking love the story of FFXII, I loved the fact that I could follow it and that fact that I was never bored watching it play out and on that note I'm going to go play it now.

Favorite Character: Basch (FFXII)
374px-Ff12-basch.jpg

Basch is one of my favorite characters of the series but because I liked him so much I wanted to list him as my favorite cause I never talk about him. Basch doesn't say or do very much in XII (in a dramatic sense) but when he does speaks I listen, why? Because Basch for me embodies the soldier/knight that I wanted to be when I was young and every time he acts he always makes it clear that he is a knight first and a man second, something I like. That devotion to his "country" is something I envy, he is completely selfless and cares only about persevering Dalmasca. Despite losing his home country he refuses to give up on protecting others and upholding the honor of a knight, this brings in a noticeable conflict with his brother because unlike him Basch choose to not give into the enemy and maintain his dignity instead of joining the Empire. His past failures fuel him to do what is right instead of seeking revenge and being filled with hatred basically the polar opposite of his bother in the game, that contrast in personality was just an added bonus to their already strained relationship. His one track mind of "save Ashe/Dalmasca" throughout the whole game isn't a flaw in character development to me but a great attribute that makes him a hero in my eyes. He overall goal is always peace. He's not a violent man who puts battle or his wants/feeling before humanity or what is right, this is evident when he refuses to leave Rasler's body on the battlefield instead of just leaving it there and moving on. Also even when Vossler betrayed him and Ashe he tells Vossler to come with them and instead of launching into a emotional verbal rampage he tells Vossler that he never doubted his loyalty to Dalmasca. I respected those actions more so than anything in XII.

His formality is another thing I like about him because well formalities aren't used anymore and it's nice to see a man respect the people around him and always puts himself below others. It's not because he thinks lowly of himself but because it is his duty to work and protect the people. He is very restraint verbally and physically, this control to me shows how much disciple he has and I like that in a character sometimes. His physical appearance is also something I liked about him (haha) he is always seen not smiling or just slightly unhappy, this has always intrigued me since the first time I saw him, Does his past still haunt him? Does he see himself as a failure? Does he hate himself? I don't fucking know and I love it. Despite that possible self-loathing he never gets over emotional, he simply bears the burden for those he has to protect. Not letting his personal feeling slow down his commitment or consume him to me was just added to his strength. Also his disregard for doing anything with his hair and unshaven beard made me like him a wee bit more than I should.

Even though in the beginning Ashe clearly wants nothing to do with Basch he refuses to turn his back on her and helps her even though she doesn't want it. This shows that Basch isn't a completely moron who follows everything his superiors say, he has his own mind and uses it throughout the game and usually does what he thinks is best rather than what Ashe says she wants. This doesn't rise up a question of his loyalty though because even with him not listening you know he is doing it in Ashe's/Dalmasca's best interest just as Vossler did except without the backstabbing. Basch to me always seemed very deep in thought and not just some muscle bond idiot, always thinking of others, always thinking of how not to fight, just always in thought while never really thinking about himself again his selflessness.

To many Basch is just that old apologetic dude is just goes "Blah blah save Dalmasca, blah blah save Ashe" but for me he is obviously more than that. I could go on even more but for the most part that's it. I like Cap't Basch Fon Ronsenburg* of Dalmasca.

Favorite Character: Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (FFXII)
229px-Ashe.jpg

Yay another FFXII character. Anyways is Ashe another character I greatly enjoy because she isn't a docile soft spoken princess, she's a strong independent woman or in modern day terms a bitch (yeah..........no but nvm). I'm not going to go into other perception of Ashe because this is about me and my opinions of her. Like I said Ashe is not a soft spoken princess, this to me is a pro about her instead of just sitting and waiting to be saved she takes the initiative to plan and regain her country herself by starting a Resistance against the Empire, notice I said start not join. I can easily say that Ashe's strength is what attracts me most about her, to have a princess who has been through as much as she has and continue to fight is nothing short of amazing. When you first encounter Ashe she seems mean and cold-hearted but for the past 2 years haven't been a cake walk for her.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

When I think of what she had to go through I forgive her snappy attitude and arrogance because she need to be that distant and not be so vulnerable or let her guard down. Now of course she does allow the other party members around her but she never really trusts any of them until the game is half way finished. Some might see that as a bad thing but considering her past it's rather expected of her not to be so trusting of others. I enjoy her being a complete change from other FF princess who seem to need that male support, I am not saying it is wrong to depend on someone but for a female character (Ashe) to not depend solely on a man is mind blowing. Now yes she does have the support of nearly ever guy around her, and no one goes against her but she was never looking for that support, they merely gave it to her.

This bring me to another point of her that I like, she is not or doesn't try to be a sexual/romantic object for any of the characters (except Al-Cid, who wants to bang her) during the story. Could she have gotten involved with any of the characters including agreeing to go off with Al-Cid to be fucked? Yes but she didn't, why? Because she has is not a whore, she is not looking for love nor longing for it, she has something priorities that do not include sex or love. Can it be debated that she is in love with say Basch or Balthier? Sure, if you're a fag or a fangirl but that argument relies solely on one's interpretation of what she says and does but the "woman are complicated" factor applies so you fags/fangirls will never know and disobeying them is always a plus in my book. The fact is she does not look for romance and despite her clothing she is against being used as an toy, that is evident. I would have rather her be used in such a manner but seeing that striking change from Damsel in distress who needs her knight to take no shit princess was just as good.

Her devotion to Rasler even after 2 years is also just beautiful, even with the conflicts resolved at the end she still she thinks of Rasler and keeps (more like regains) her wedding ring. To me it isn't a disturbing love that makes her unable to open up to others or dwell over her husband's death while crouched in a corner. It's an understandable affection (to me) for someone who she loved that is no longer here, she never goes overboard with it nor complete disregard it, she maintains a balance. She doesn't let her feeling of loss hinder her and once finally near her goal she doesn't let the anger of her loss fully consume her. Ashe's ability to not just be one dimensional emotional and be able to balance her stress in an atypical fashion (i.e. no WAAAAAAAAH!!! ;__; ) is some thing I would like to see applied more to female characters in the FF series.

Seriously, You're not done yet? No, I'm not. Ashe is a warrior princess (hahahaha, shut up), not a mage or a little summoner but a fucking warrior. She comes into the party with a sword, not a staff or a some shitty girl weapon like a flute but a fucking sword. Unlike the past princesses Ashe is capable of fighting without using magic, though any of the female charters are capable of that due to the license board but she came into the party with a weapon that most princesses would not have or even know how to use. This to me shows her commitment and strength once again, as she could have just sent Vossler to do everything and fight or let Uncle handle the work but no she doesn't . She leads the Resistance, she disobeys Ondore and refuses to do nothing, she demands Balthier take her where ever she desires (after even trying to steal his airship), she goes against the Occuria (well everyone does but nvm that), she risks her life for her people and does not force them to do the reverse for her. I do not see these actions as arrogant or stupid but rather a show of how much she willing to do and risk for her people, if I cannot respect her for being so aggressive and head strong then I must at least respect her for doing what she did for Dalmasca.

Though she seeks revenge, I see nothing wrong with her anger for her to be anything but angry would be a fucking disgrace. She speaks her mind even no matter what and refuses to hold in her feeling but also does not leave herself vulnerable like most women do when doing so. I commend XII for finally showing a woman who has been wronged and letting her express her feeling without having to conform to the idea of the "docile princess". Even her speech does not show weakness,
"Dalmasca does not forget kindness nor ill deed done. With sword in hand she aids her allies. Sword in hand, she lays to rest her foes. This Nethicite I hold must be my sword. I will avenge those who have died." -Ashe
With that said I fucking love Warrior Princess Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca. Oh yeah and she's hot too. /end of bad essay.

Favorite Villain: Doctor Cidolfus Demen Bunansa (FFXII)
315px-Dr_Cid.jpg

Dr._Cidolfus_and_Balthier_%28artwork%29.jpg

He's so badass he gets two pictures. My love of Cid is very easy to understand, he's fucking crazy but I still love him for it. His eccentric and arrogant behavior in the game makes you forget that Vanye is the actual antagonist, in fact he's more of the villain than Vanye is but that's how it's supposed to be. Cid's goal is to take Ivalice back from the Occuria (the "gods" of Ivalice) now I'm no religious person so this is fucking boss, to actually take on the Gods that you know exist, that you can see is just too damn cool. I mean yeah everyone in Ivalice disregards the Occuria but none try to actually overthrow them and take over Ivalice, except Dr. Cid and apart of me kinda wanted him to succeed. Now of course since he went about his gaols the wrong way he had to be killed (yay >__>) but he is one of the few villains that feel they were doing the right thing to the very end and he kind of was. I can understand Cid's want of freedom from the Gods of the world and their arbitrary rules since Ivalice is inhabited not by Occuria but various races and they should dictate what they want not some bodiless entity, it just fucking makes sense. Even before we meet Cid his actions in Balthier's life showed just how committed to his dream, what the dream has to do with Balthier being a Judge I have yet to fully figure out but the man knew how to use his position to get what he wanted.The man's methods and lust for power were his downfall but his impact was great for side villain and just his entire image and personality made him even more enjoyable as a villain. Even with the mad science persona Cid transcended that to me and like Balthier made the game more about him than Vanye, who I believe he just would have killed later on. Doctor Cid just added an extra bit of flare to XII and I hung onto every deranged word he spewed out, wish he could have been brought out of his insanity and left alive but then Cid wouldn't be Doctor Cid and no one wants that. Also I used the second image of him with his child (might be balthier, might be his brothers who knows) because although I love his crazy image in XII it's nice to see that this character like the other characters is round and not one dimensional, even if it is achieved by one image. On an stupid odd note he named Balthier Ffamran, it has a silent ''f" that should have been an indication that maybe he's a bit off. DOCTOR CID<3

Favorite artwork:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I spoiler'd the image because it was huge. I love this piece simply because Yoshida did an amazing job on the girls making them all mages and adding in that slight bit of confusion that every bit of FF art has, meaning why is Basch trying to get into a tree from the branches and on top of that why is he using Vaan as a boast when the branch is at eye level? Also having the sky pirate just watch what he knows is going to end in failure is just funny and so like him. Gotta love an artist who incorporates the character's personality itot he art but really besides that still image of fail the image is just so well done, which is typical of Yoshida. All the art of XII is beautiful and this is no different, the detail added into each female character is what really draws me to it, I have nothing stupid or drawn out to say about this image because it just speaks for itself. It's not as artsy as Amano's work but Yoshida's style is just as good in my eyes and in this wonderfully colored image it shows. Also never have I seen a red mage as hot as Fran :3

Favorite Scene: Ending of FFIX
When I first played IX I was 10 years old and didn't really appreciate the scenes in FF up until I played IX. Nearly all of the scenes in the game are great but this one made me feel happy that Zidane was alive and Garnet finally was able to be with him. No scene in any previous FF I had played (7 and 8 for at the time) ever made me feel something for it's characters or story, for the first time I felt emotion for a video game. Albeit I was younger when I played the other FFs but this jerked me into feeling more than just accomplishment in finishing the game. With that said I will admit that I pussy'd out at age 10 and cried over this scene and when the word The End" appeared on screen I basically refused to turn my PS1 off until I was done crying. The way Garnet chooses to let her pendant fall to the ground, the most important thing to her in the whole game instead of picking it up and continuing to run towards Zidane just spoke volumes to me about how much he meant to her. Just their entire journey and relationship came into perspective with this last scene, which made the game even more fulfilling and that's why I like it so much.

Favorite Scene: Otherworld (FFX) D:

THE FUCK? This might be a contradiction of everything I have ever said about FFX but for fuck sake this scene is cool, despite my hatred for X even I had to give into it. Yeah it has Tidus in it but when I first played it I didn't have a reason to hate him so this scene was alright and it has Auron. The thing that really makes the scene is of course the song "otherworld" without the powerful guitars and such the scene wouldn't have been as enjoyable. You just see the water blob rouge tsunami/black hole type thing sucking up everything while the game is going on and I'm like "wtf is that, don't they see that shit?" but at the same time I'm like "omg blitz ball looks like so much fun, I hope I get to play it" (such dissapointment) but this scene got my hyped about the game. Now in my case it lied it me cause the game let me down but this scene is one of the few scenes I like that brings back the memory of X actually being enjoyable for me. So it's one of my favorites from a game I despise.

Favorite Song (non-FF game): Beyond the Wasteland (FFVII: AC)
The stat of the song just builds up the anticipation of Cloud's first encounter Kadaj's gang. Even though I didn't like AC this song made an impression on me and had me replaying it over and over again. The whole time the song is playing, lines don't even need to be spoken because the music does it for the characters. Every beat and influx matches perfectly with every blow and movement each character makes and flows so seamlessly with them. The feeling of it also fits so perfectly with the desert like wasteland the scene takes place in because it just has that Arabian sound to it without really trying too hard. Uematsu did a fantastic job on this as always and this surprisingly is my favorite song. Also the bass on this shit is awesome, shakes the windows and everything.

Favorite Song (FF game): Final Battle (FFIX)
This is my favorite because the start of this song just kinda sends a certain feeling of helplessness and creepiness with tortured moans of random people and the roars of random monsters being played along with the overall tone of the song. Then it just kicks it up when Necron begins his attack on the party but even then the moans are incorporated into the song more so during the battle just adding to the effect that losing this battle means the destruction of everything. Like many songs for pre-FFX games this track is used to empathize and narrorate the battle and adds a atmosphere that fits so well with the surroundings. I liked many tracks of IX and the series in general but this made my heart kind of beat faster when I first played it. When I hear it I replay the entire battle I played in my head, from start to finish.

* or however the fuck you spell it.

Last edited:

Virus

&#1581;&#1604;&#1605; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Favorite Villian: Kuja

Kuja had a sort of poetic elegance to his speech, as Final Fantasy wikia puts it. In my opinion he had more class than any of the other villians with a narcissistic type of attitude. Now while some would consider it gay, i think it added to his character development and created an evil, cruel character. Kuja was created for evil and created to destroy, while many other Final Fantasy villians such as Sephiroth has begun on the side of good. Kuja was too good for his master Garland and left him and Terra to wreak havoc and become the king of Gaia and Terra. Kuja was also nearly unbeatable, shown by how the great Bahamut could only make him bleed a slight amount. After learning he was going to die, soon afte achieving his ultimate source of power, Trance, he set his sights on something else: the destruction of the crystal. He had no care for his own life knowing that he was going to die and hoped to destroy everything else, because life simply wouldn't be fair if we didn't have Kuja with us. After he gives all he has into that final Ultima attack to destroy the crystal, he is beat up pretty badly and learned what it meant to live, so he used the last of his Trance for good, he saved the gang and killed Necron. He showed the partially good side of him and he became a character i loved from the very beginning because of his speech, his cockiness, and his narcisstistic attitude.

Favorite Scene: Ending of FFIX

Gotta go with Jecht on this. I have never felt emotion in any videogame until i nearly cried at the end of Final Fantasy IX. The fact that Zidane died (or so i thought) made me glued to the ending FMVs hoping that by some turn of events that he was actually alive. I watched as everyone's lives seemed to continue, (well except for Vivi who at this point seems dead) and how it seemed that Zidane was now nothing more than a distant memory. As the play went on i knew there was more to the story than this, and my eyes lit up when Zidane threw off his black cloak and said "Bring my Dagger back to me". And Garnet ran to embrace him, dropping her pendant and everything. I felt so much emotion from that one scene and hadn't seen it in any Final Fantasy i had played (granted, i have only played 3 and completed only 2 of them, being VII and IX, XII remains incomplete). And while VII is hailed as the ultimate Final Fantasy and the game that revolutionized RPG gaming, i think IX deserves this title, not only because of the ending, but it might as well be just because of the ending.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Favorite Class in Final Fantasy:
Okay, it's almost impossible for me to go through and pick just one, so I think that I've got it pretty much narrowed down to three different class. Bear with me, because some of these may get long (not as long as SJ's but hey).

Dragoon
Kain_Bartz.png

Let's face it, these guys are just badass. When I first had the chance to play as a Dragoon (via Kain in FFIV), I was immediately hooked. Not only is Kain one of my favorite characters from the entire series, he was also useful as all hell in battle. His weaepons were strong, he had a pretty good defense, and Jump has got to be when of the most useful abilities in Final Fantasy. Not only are you able to avoid damage (in most games), but you are also allowed to deal a large amount of damage to your target.

The fact that there were sprites designed to take show Kain using magic just go to prove that he was always meant to be badass, but the developers had to tone that shit down.

The dragoon class was seen again in Cid Highwind, another great character and a powerhouse.

Sadly, the dragoon class kind of pisses me off in FFTA2. THey're slow, move shittily, and even with Agility Up, the chance of hitting the target is only 51%. WHich sucks for me, because that 51 turns into something more like a 22. Not only that, but after a while, I start thinking 'wow, that unit is fucking ugly'. I still find the class useful for their high HP, Attack, and Defense, but I usually put Dragon Soul as my second ability, if only to have some eye candy.

Paladin
Cecil_Harvey_-_Paladin_battle.png

I know, I know, they're overused, they're tanks, blah blah blah. I almost always end up having a paladin in my group, for one reason: they're damned handy. When I have the paladin in my group, I have a unit that can deal great damage (particulary to enemies weak against the Holy element), take a large deal of hits, and heal the party while they're doing so. Sure, their magic pales in comparison to that of the White Mage, and they don't deal as much damage as say a Black Mage, Dragoon, or other class with advanced attack or abilities, but they more than hold their own.

It doesn't hurt that some of my favorite characters have been 'paladins' as well. Cecil Harvey, from FFIV, had that momentous battle against himself, in order to embrace who he really is and become a paladin, a holy warrior, instead of a dark knight. Ashe from FFXII, while not technically a paladin, damned well resembles one. When she joins the party, she knows white magick and can equip swords. Her pose when she holds a sword is also knightly, or at least that's how it seems to me.

So the next time you find yourself thinking 'hey, I want to survive this battle', bring your paladin with you. He'll heal your ass after he's the only one left standing, and then when he's done with that he'll kick the shit out of the bastard that did so much damage.

Red Mage
V_R_Mages.PNG

Also known as 'I want to be able to do a bunch of shit. Red mages have access to both black and white magic, which is pretty damned handy. Add in the fact that they can make passable melee fighters, and a red mage is that character that can heal you, exploit an elemental weakness against an enemy, and not deal only 6 damage when he's out of MP. Is that handy? Shit yes.

So if you want to be able to do a bunch of shit but not truly be the master of anything, pick this class.

saix-insanefan

Favorite Song (FF Game): The Dreadful Fight (FF IV)

This has always been one of my favorite compositions in the FF series. It demonstrates danger and the feeling that you are going to die. This piece of music played during a scene on the Moon, the final battlefield in the game. FF IV has always been one of my favorite games in the series and this is one of my favorite pieces in the game itself. This one pieces demonstrates the destruction and death of the entire universe, along with the Moon itself. I believe this music also plays when you're fighting the Four Fiends of the Elements, but I haven't played number IV in a long time, so I wouldn't know. What I do know is that this will be one of my favorite pieces in the entire Final Fantasy series.

YouTube - Final Fantasy 4 The Dreadful Fight

Last edited:

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards

Favorite Female Final Fantasy Character: Tifa Lockhart

tifa-lockhart.jpg

A childhood friend of the hero Cloud Strife, Tifa is one of the two main female protaganists (and later becomes the only one).

To start things off, one of the things I liked about Tifa was that she was pretty kick-ass in battle; meaning she is one of the best players to use in battle. With the God's Hand equipped, her Accuracy goes up to 255%, meaning that she will always get a hit on the enemy; her weapons give both strength and magic, meaning that she can attack an enemy while doing considerable damage and heal someone significantly the next round, as opposed to someone that was strictly magical.

Tifa's personality is also something that got me to like her; while she wasn't all sunshine and sugar rainbows, she was always kind and looking out for her friends and kicked ass along the way. Fierce and beautiful, Tifa's personality made her an even better character. While the other FF heroines were also kind and good looking, I felt like Tifa was the one that really stood out and really showed the ones that played FFVII that she was to be Cloud's guide to redemption while not being a Mary Sue: she felt both happiness and sorrow, and that personality shone.

Her costume is something else. Sporting a mini skirt, a white tube top, red gloves and matching shoes, she already stood out from the rest of the cast. Not to mention she definitely worked the outfit (thanks to the boobage, of course). In Advent Children, the change to black and having her match Cloud was pretty awesome, as according to the male fans, she still looked sexy as hell. I used the image above because I honestly think she looks the prettiest there; looking at you with her shining eyes with a playful expression on her face. :D

All in all, while being a valued member of the party, having a heart of gold, and looking good while doing it all, it's more than obvious how kick-ass Tifa is.

________

Favorite Final Fantasy Class: White Mage

Garnet_White_Mage.jpg

[Garnet is the first white mage I played as, and thus I used her picture]

The White Mage class: the most helpful class in the series. Prominent in their use of White Magic, the White Mage is always useful in battle; besides the ability to heal their party members, they can also cast spells to relfect the enemies spells, boost stats, and when combined with the Summoner class, summon powerful beasts to fight their enemies. Though it's true that they cannot attack, they are usually equipped with Aero and the powerful Holy spell, which usually do considerable damage. Not to mention they also are gifted with Life, which is the replacement of the usually expensive Phoenix Down.

When in doubt, bring a White Mage with you; you won't regret it.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

Favorite Character:
200px-FF5_Gilgamesh.jpg

Why? First of all, he is funny, "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"
He appears in multiple games, perhaps even the exact same Gilgamesh, as hinted in FFIV:The after years and FFVIII.
You can steal Genji Equipment from him, in several battles, and even drops the "Legendary holy sword?" In FFV, in wich he is a major character, as Ex-Deaths right hand man.
Plus...
YouTube - Final Fantasy V Music - Clash on the Big Bridge
With a theme like that, how could I ever not love him?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

My favourite guy I'd like to chill with.

Barrett.

ff7barret.JPG

I don't think I even have to explain myself but for the sake of thread rules, here goes. Alright, so since I played FF7 a few years back (and still haven't completed it, mind you), Barrett has always stuck out to me. I mean, he's just the kind of guy you'd like to chill out with when times are harsh, and know that he'd make you cough your guts up laughing, but also feel great about yourself. I know he's got a serious side, but that doesn't completely rule his life. Sure, I like Cloud, but he's way too traumatic. Sure, I like Aerith but she's way too caring and gentle. Sure, I like Vincent and Sephiroth and Kadaj and all that but I mean, they all have some form of trauma behind them, and the only two who appear to me to be somewhat fun are Cid and Barrett, and even then Cid's stressy. With Barrett you know he's a great friend and you know you're gonna enjoy yourself, but... I don't know, I feel like I'm not making sense. I just like Barrett. A lot.

One more thing. Barrett reminds me of myself.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i kind of wanted to save this one for another time, but whatever.

favorite character:
ramza beoulve (final fantasy tactics)
zvpyww.jpg

“Names don't matter. What's important is how you live your life.”

ramza beoulve is everything i strive to be times four.

a lot of my pals in the real world give me shit for having a heterosexual crush on ramza. but aside from being a dashing young fella (i mean damn look at that package), ramza is one of the best interpretations of a true hero in rpg history. nowadays, you get all these punk ass kids who are out trying to save the world because it's "their destiny", or because they want to save some damsel that they're enamored with. not ramza though. he is not swayed by silly girls (unless you count his sister), nor is he doing shit because he feels like he has to fulfill some half-baked "destiny" of his. ramza fights because it is the right thing to do. as long as there are injustices in the world, he will continue to fight (well, he can't really now because he's DEAD, but you get my point). this is what separates him from all the other dregs in final fantasy. he's not some greedy jerk like tidus who's whining about how this is his story or some shit. he's not some confused teenager who is blindly fighting for some girl like squall. he's not this mentally unstable soldier who's trying to find himself like cloud or terra. and even though i love zidane, ramza does not fight in order to impress some princess. falsely branded as a heretic by the church (which, in medieval times, is one of the worst names you can bear), ramza even [arguably] dies in the end, knowing that his deeds won't be noticed by the public. it is not until several generations later when the truth of his good deeds come to light. he is ramza fucking beoulve, and, with an unfaltering sense of justice, he fights for the greater good.

another thing that puts ramza three tiers above everybody else in final fantasy is that he takes one of the most basic classes in feudalism and molds it into quite a force to be reckoned with. a lot of people don't know this, but ramza's best class is a squire. his stats are boosted, and he functions basically as a knight that doesn't suck. not to mention, as a squire, he can boost all of his stats just by screaming really loud, something a lot of anime characters think they can do but it doesn't really work out. he can also use meteor.. as a fucking squire! yeah, that's right. he does what sephiroth spends all of final fantasy vii trying to accomplish just by letting himself survive a meteor. so not only does he trump every other job in final fantasy with the most basic one of all, he also one-ups arguably the most popular villain in rpg history. ramza is not someone to tread waters with, folks.

i could go on, but i would like to save much of this article for another time, another place. ergo, just like i started things, i'll end things with a quote:

“If you need someone else to fulfill your dreams, it loses its value, wouldn't you agree?”

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
cloudstrife02-Final_Fantasy_VII_PSX_08638_640screen.jpg

Favorite Character: Kuraudo Sutoraifu​
(クラウド・ストライフ)
or
Why Cloud Strife is not an emo /wrist faggot and if you think he is then clearly your reading comprehension is nonexistent.

Perhaps it's because Final Fantasy VII was my first exposure to the series, (I've never been a nintendofag, sorry bros. Genesis represent) but I've liked Cloud since the first time I laid eyes on the spiky haired guy. The first thing people love about him is that he carries one of the most recognizable weapons on the planet for people who have heard of vidya gaems - the Buster Sword

bustersword.gif

Yes, this sword is fapworthy, but that's not why he's a good character in general. From the start of the game you get the idea that this guy is just a bad ass. He was an ex-member of one of the most powerful militaries in the world and had the balls to quit it and join an anti-Shinra movement called AVALANCHE. He's cocky, arrogant, but still a nice enough guy deep down. Pretty much a cliché hero if you think about it. Then the shit hits the fan.

At the conclusion of the Temple of the Ancients, you begin to see a new side of Cloud emerge, one that is suddenly terrified that he might not be in complete control of himself. He isn't sure if he can keep his composure around Sephiroth, especially after hurting someone that he really cared for in Aerith. When she leaves, he takes it on himself to find her and save her before Sephiroth gets to her. He can't.

He blames himself, but he pushes on. He doesn't bunker down in the Forgotten City and cry about it. He flat out says to the team that he's going after Sephiroth himself and aims to settle the score. He says he should quit. He says he should be a bitch and cry about it, but he basically says fuck that, I'm going to set things right. One could argue he's still channeling Zack, but this isn't the case. This is who Cloud really is.

Sephiroth puts Cloud through hell and back and he ends up with what we'll eventually find out to be his second case of severe mako poisoning. Except this time it's a bit more extreme than the first. A long story short finds that Cloud, with the help of the JENOVA cells in his body, took a lot of what made Zack Zack and turned it into himself. He was living a lie, and it was pretty believable. As he said, he was the master of his own illusionary world.

The thing is that I was a young teenager the first time I played this game, and so the idea of someone not knowing exactly who they are rings pretty close to home there. I found Cloud and his plight rather easy to relate to and believable. I could understand how he could be confused about living a lie this whole time and wanting so desperately to be something that he flat out wasn't. Even after he knows what happened to him, he doesn't give up. From that point on in the game, he's Cloud. Not Zack.

Cloud has motion sickness
Cloud says stupid shit like "Let's mosey."
Cloud is not heroic or braver than he needs to be.
He's not the ultimate hero, he's just a guy with the ability and drive to make the world a better place.

Also, he's not still finding himself. He found out who he was when Tifa helped him in the Lifestream. That's right. He changed from being a Zack fake to being himself in the span of a few game play minutes. He's not still struggling with it. He came to terms with it. He's moving forward. He just takes things as they come and deals with them however he can.

He defeated Sephiroth when he was just a no-name grunt in Nibelheim. He wasn't super powered Cloud or a 1st rank SOLDIER. He's one of those characters that has the ever present "fighting spirit". He's just a regular guy. He's not perfect. He has flaws and they're well known. What's more important is that his flaws aren't patched up and called character development - they still exist at the end of the story and carry over into Advent Children. In fact, only by Dirge of Cerberus do we see Cloud getting back to what he was at the end of Final Fantasy VII - a leader. He doesn't lead by giving out orders, he leads by example. He's the first one to walk into danger and would ask his friends merely to follow him in.

Something about that every day courage and inner strength that Cloud shows draws me to his character more than any other throughout all of the final fantasy games I've played. Common misconceptions about him are a bit hard to understand. Square I feel also does a questionable job of portraying how Cloud was in Final Fantasy VII. Advent Children shows a rather deep thinking Cloud. One I feel is looking back on his life, seeing as his was most likely nearing an end since he had the incurable disease of GeoStigma. He'd be returning to the life stream where he'd meet Aerith and Zack once more - two people he loved whose deaths he most likely felt responsible for. How could he face them again? What if they couldn't forgive him? These things I'm sure would make anyone feel and act a little bit distant.

Dissidia, as you can see from other characters in it, takes the character's personality from different parts of the games and sends it out there. The Cloud you see in Dissidia is Cloud at the start of Final Fantasy VII. Cold exterior, but he has feelings that he doesn't outwardly show.

Cloud isn't emo or depressed, he's just a rather deep character, and he had all of his development within one game. The expansions to Final Fantasy VII didn't complete or change his character development. By Advent Children his character was already fully developed. Just because Cloud can be a bit introspective at times doesn't mean that he's always thinking about /wrist.

Is Cloud overpowered/favored by Square? Favored? Most likely. Final Fantasy VII was a jumping on point for a lot of now faithful gamers, and many people know who Cloud is more than Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Cecil, or any other protagonist of a Square game. That's because I feel the ideas behind Cloud are very easy to relate to for a lot of people. He's not overpowered because he was injected with JENOVA cells which allowed him to mimic Zack's physical capabilities when he mimicked his memories and personality. So technically he was as strong as Zack was when Tifa found him in Midgar, and he's only been getting stronger since then. Few other characters can say that about their power. So everything about Cloud sort of makes sense when you think about who and what he really is.

Cloud still is a bit of loner, but he always has been ever since he was a child. Growing up without a father can probably do that to you, especially in a small country town. He's always been able to get by on his own, and his first real friend outside of Tifa (who wasn't really his friend until after she found out that he was leaving for Midgar) was Zack.

In Crisis Core you can see Cloud mature into the guy we know in the second half of Final Fantasy VII. He starts off being quiet and a bit shy, but once Zack lightens the mood and lets him open himself up, you can see how much of a good guy he really is. He really never gets upset or sad, and definitely not to the point that most people feel he is all the time.

A lot of Cloud's character art depicts him looking down or off to the side, but this is because he's a deep thinker, not because he's upset. He's had a lot of shit happen to him in his past, and he tries to push it aside and be himself and do good going forward, accepting the things that he cannot change. When he's faced with a challenge though, you can see all of that emotional baggage get lifted and he does what he has to do.

So now you read a post that psycho analyzed Cloud very briefly. He has a lot of misconceptions attached to him, but that makes him all the more appealing to me. People just don't understand WHY he's such a well developed and deep character. People don't understand what makes the guy tick because it's not just spelled out for you like so many other characters are. That's why I feel that Cloud Strife is a wonderful character.

Plus, he cross dressed and his hair looks like a chocobo. What more can you ask for in a main character?

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
Favorite Character in FF: Rufus Shinra

2d27mu8.png

Why? It's pretty simple for me.

Many think I'm crazy. One of the lesser-liked characters. Usually forgotten as the powerful leader and villain he once was because of a certain mama's boy. Although his power was short-lived, I think he did an awesome job.

Many misjudge his character, first of all. He is a cold asshole in FFVII, that much is obvious. But, I see shades of grey, and a character that had no other choice but witness the corrupt nature of his father's company firsthand and take it in stride. . . at least as a young child. There is a whole untouched side of him that I just know is there, and it should remain for fans to speculate.

I've always been a huge Rufus fan. He was my favorite from the beginning. I cried over his 'death' (when I didn't know he would be resurrected.), more so than Aerith's. I'm not kidding. I admire his character even more-so in BC, and then AC, even in DoC where he doesn't even make an appearance, but is just briefly mentioned. I think he is a human character with nearly fatal flaws that really deserves more respect.

It has been stated, and proven, that Rufus realizes the mistakes his company has made. Which is why it is not just hinted, but pretty much proven, that he is the main benefactor for the WRO. Many don't take Cloud's first encounter with Rufus in AC too seriously, but I do. Shinra owes the Planet a lot, and as I stated before, Rufus knows that.

Oh, and plus, Rufus is cool, charming, and a smooth-talker. He without a doubt had the best lines in AC. I would even go as far as saying he had the best lines in FFVII. He knows how to make himself look powerful, and succeeds.

Now, as President, there are a lot of trials and tribulations for Shinra ahead. I mean, after his company creating Sephiroth, almost killing the Planet, and giving people a lot of sh*t, he has a lot of work to do to get Shinra out of the water. I doubt he will ever succeed in getting complete redemption, but he will get all that is needed.

::::Up for editing. I wrote this at 3 AM.::::

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

This is my favourite scene from any Final Fantasy game. I can't really explain so much why I love this scene so much, its quite difficult to explain so bear with me.

Final Fantasy IX was the first game I ever played in the series hence why it holds such a close place to my heart for introducing me to it and this scene is kind of the scene that made me go all :eek: when I first saw it, I was like 10 at the time and when this scene appeared it kind of turned on a light that said "You need to keep on playing this game man" I can actually remember this fmv perfectly along with music.

Even minus the whole sentimentality of it, it was a great scene. Vivi, being this small timid character ever since we met him is suddenly going apeshit at this Black Waltz who seemingly is much like Vivi himself whom had just blown up a whole cargo of Black Mages who had just prior to this scene defended Vivi to the end. The bit with Zidane going to help Vivi as he falls over was great, made better by the music score at the time.

This scene and how it builds up is just great..thats all I can really say.

Did I really just write that much about a scene from Final fantasy?

silentmusic16

My Favorite Characters

First, It would have to be Namine of Kingdom Hearts fame. She's kind, sweet, smart, and not an attention hog *coughXIONcough*. She's also kind of a loner, as i am. Plus she's simple, which is always better than a bunch of zippers *coughKAIRIcough*. She also matches perfectly with the next fav. character of mine.....

Roxas! He's cool, calm, collected, and not like his other, sora. He's also more urban and city-like, instead of country boy (or beach boy, whatever) Sora. Roxas matches Namine perfectly and they ust look cute together. they are definatly my favorite pairing. plus, roxas looks ba with his checkers all over.

Neku, from TWEWY. He's just awesome. Musically inclined with those cool headphones and definitely punk. and plus, he doesnt care about what people say, he's his own person and he believes what he believes. i would love to be independent like him!

Finally, Shiki, also from TWEWY, is pretty cool. she's hip and always getting with the new trends, but she doesnt have that snobby attitude i hate. She's her own person, also like Neku,and i believe in that pairing as well. plus, her red hair reminds me of kairi and i dont hate her like this rest of the fandom seems to.

Music

First, all the music from the kh series. its all orchestrated and its hard to find good orchestrated music from this era, lol. some is sweet Example a:YouTube - Namine's Theme sorry, i dont know how to embedd, if this isnt embedding. and the music goes to creepy and energenic YouTube - Hollow Bastion Theme all of this is so awesome!

Next ,all of the music from TWEWY. It ranges from rock, to rap, to techno, to hip-hop, to pop. and it isn't that annoying rap either (i'm a rock fan) its not 50 cent or eminem or usher, its good and underground and kinda hard core. the music is really catchy and when you run around the city its just great to listen to. YouTube - TWEWY OST: #4 Long Dream
YouTube - The World Ends With You Music: Calling
my personal fav. YouTube - The World Ends With You - Three Minutes Clapping (with lyrics)

And finally, from FF7.........Sephiroth's theme! or one-winged angel, whatever you call it. it just makes me feel powerful every time I listen to it, like no one can touch me, or that I rule everything. It's fast paced, it's orchestrated, and they sing in LATIN!! that's cool as hell!

(this version is from Kh2, so it's a bit different, but basically the same) YouTube - KH2- Sephiroth Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back