• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Wrong with Pridelands?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Since Sora was so limited, he got more moves. He was MUCH faster and moved around like crazy. I enjoyed the gameplay alot.

Vexen o3o

It wasn't that great of the world. As it was said before, it was pretty bland. I did like that you could run faster though, but that's about it.

Ness

The thing I didn't like, was that the world was spread out more and it would take more time from getting place to place. But since Sora was fast, that wasn't much of a problem.

Overall, I think it was okay and much better than Atlantica.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I thought it was okay. There were some obvious things that could have made it better, I didn't like the color until it was the oasis.

rhyth

I love that world! Its one of my favorites. Sora looks cool as a lion and you can pretty much run faster. Thats always nice. I would have liked it more if an Organization 13 member had been there though. Would have made it fit into the storyline more I think.

If orginzation 13 was in there, what animal would they be.

I think zexion should be a monkey! <3 And Demyx would be fish.

Anywas back on topic. Pridelands was okay. There was a lot of open space, which bugged me a little. I wish there was more to look at. I loved the jungle, but that's basically it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I agree that the empty space was kind of bleh. Then again, it kind of kept with the movie and provided enough space for the Groundshaker fight so it wasn't all that bad. Wouldn't call it a favorite though.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I thought that the pride lands was a good world. It was a little different fighting as a lion Sora, but it still had a pretty good storyline.

Negative

I think the major beef was its atmosphere.
It nailed all of the major locations (Pride Rock, Elephant Graveyard, etc.) but most of it was depicted pretty bland. Practically no color variation- just grey and dead. It was excusable the first visit since Scar was still in power, but the second visit was kind of a downer that they didn't change the condition.

Most people wanted to see something more along the lines of this:

3:12

Even so, though, I don't think it was a bad world at all. The mechanics of lion Sora were fun and like I said, they at least nailed the best locations. Better than plenty of other worlds.

I completely agree with this. I liked the Pride Lands (the story and the dialogue sucked, though) and I thought it would be so much better if there were just more places to go. Also the size of Pride Rock was a bit of a let down to me :\

Z

Zulkir

It seemed unusually dark, the savannah was too cloudy.

That "inaccessible" area looks nice though.

A

Azrael

The story sucked completely and the world was bland.

Simba was a good party member.

Magic

I liked the world, I used it for leveling up( you know, that spot where you fought Scar, and when you returned a load of Heartless where there).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Nothing really happened there, to be honest. This is true about most of the worlds in KHII, but I felt that Pridelands was one of the worst.

There were times when I felt like I was just watching a crappy and less-epic version of the movie. Most of the dialog and even camera movements were copied directly from the movie. There was no relevance to Sora's story at all, and Pete was totally shoe-horned in. It was all kind of "meh" to me. The second visit was quite possibly one of the worst segments of the game. It was pure filler -- the ghost of Scar, really now? That, and Scar becoming a Heartless and yet still retaining his form, brought up a hell of a lot more questions than answers.

The gameplay was pretty decent, I have to admit. The Scar battle was a little anti-climactic, but that giant Heartless towards the end was pretty epic. I enjoyed playing as little lion Sora.

Also, I don't see how people can hate on Space Paranoids. It was easily the best Disney world in the game. It offered a totally unique environment, and blended with the main-story almost seamlessly.

Zeeks11

It was..just meh. I was SO excited for the Pride land world, and I just expected more from it. Story was too rushed and just ew. The world itself was just kinda bland. I did like how Sora moved as a Lion cub though. I didn't think it was the worst one, I personally thought the Mulan world was the worse.

magic713

Awards
The only issue I have with it was that it was a completely avoidable world in KHII. By that I mean you would not have to go there to continue the story. But other than that, it was a great world. They need more worlds where you can turn completely into other creatures. (I don't count Atlantica as one)

SilverCyrus

Ah, right. Atlantica then Mulan.

for me >>

You didnt like Land of Dragons, that was an amazing addition IMO.

I hope PrideLands in KH3 (i think it will return)
It a lot brighter and green, Thats what we are used to.

Nightshade311

With Xemnas, Saix, Zexion, Demyx, Riku , Sora, Rox
ANYTHING IS BETTER THEN ATLANTICA.
that world was by far the worst ever...
ROFL, you beat me to it.

With The Pride Lands, I think they could have done a lot more. There should of been more reaction commands if you ask me. I know that there's a lot already, but he's a tiny lion, what the hell can't small cats do(Sorry, my cat was pissing me off today -_-)?I also think Sora's lion form should have been a bit bigger, he looked like a cub. He's 14, not 5. He shouldn't have been as big as Simba, but around half Simba's size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back